PDA

View Full Version : bad box supplier

genuine1
8th February, 2012, 11:58 PM
sorry mods if this is in wrong forum.

just giving the heads up on a supplier from huddersfield called aspleysatellite.
bought a box from him a week ago. arrived dented in transit and worked for aprox six hours then stopped with tuner failure.(done lots of tests and its deffinately knackered).

after a week of emailing him there has been no response apart from one email asking me to check my gmail which ive never used so dont know why he just hasnt sent it to the email address i used to contact him.

i know he uses this forum(linuxsat i think) and for one am amazed he still able to trade with this attitude.his site boasts 12 month guarantee which he is in breech of contract.

?200 is a fortune to me so wont just lay down.i will get some satisfaction from this.

i know of others with problems who also are getting no responses so its not an isolated insident.

my advise for anyone thinking of buying from him is DON'T DO IT please,you will waste your money.

RuberDuck
9th February, 2012, 12:11 AM
sadly this is not a unusual occurrence when dealing with this particular retailer.

genuine1
9th February, 2012, 12:25 AM
sadly this is not a unusual occurrence when dealing with this particular retailer.

so i have found out and needs to be posted around to hit him in the pocket the low life.

father ted
9th February, 2012, 12:35 AM
quick question is it a genuine box or a clone?

BadBoyR
9th February, 2012, 08:24 AM
it will be a clone

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dell_xps
9th February, 2012, 08:33 AM
Yup guy posts in the Vu section, I hope he decides to answer you
on here, come on Linuxsat replace the guys box its faulty.
Try sending him a pm also m8.

davidom2513
11th February, 2012, 05:55 PM
Hi Genuine1, I'd like to know how you got on contacting the seller? Did you get the box replaced or a refund?

I was going to buy a vu+ duo clone off this seller, but this gave me second thoughts.

The way I see it he is harming himself, If he refuses to deal with damaged goods that he supplied, then let it be known here on the forum, and hit him where it hurts, in the pocket

dell_xps
11th February, 2012, 05:57 PM
Buy a real one m8, for an extra ?100, its worth it.

cactikid
11th February, 2012, 09:07 PM
or buy cheap and any future problems may end up spending more money on another box,did i not hear the original vu are future proof,are the clones as they cannot run on current firmware but on older firmware.??

genuine1
12th February, 2012, 08:21 PM
well i got no reply other than check your gmail???? if you can reply with that then why not reply with a solution?.

Anyway the good news for me is that i took the lid of to check the two "satellite in" ports for any play or overtightening as suggested by a forum member and noticed one of the ribbon connectors slightly uneven so i pushed it home and restarted the box and all was well again.perhaps it moved after the unit warmed up?i dont know but this was the cause so happy its working again.

Would i buy from this kind of supplier again...not a chance.
if you can buy a clone or an original from someone on here that you are familiar with and they use the site very frequently then perhaps.

i know of a person who has had problems and has sent his back to aspleysatellite.ill let you know how he gets on.

plus there has been no private messeges left here either.

mdt
12th February, 2012, 08:57 PM
the qc on clones has always been suspect and small problems like you describe litter the dmm forums... if i were selling clones then id make a point of checking each one but this is time consuming so most sellers wont do this. you cant blame the seller as he,s just buying the boxs in bulk and then shipping to you for a profit but he should have answered your e-mail/pm and offered advice as this costs nothing but time. regards mdt

cactikid
12th February, 2012, 09:16 PM
it is a common thing not taking care with boxes in transit as they get thrown around,same happened to kryptview and starview also in transit,i was going to ask if there was a loose ribbon cable inside but you found it.it may be a grumpy courier having a bad day and not the seller,but if things are not properly wrapped well that maybe their problem.

potrobber
12th February, 2012, 09:38 PM
i opened my last clone yesterday and the display on it was not sitting stright thats 2 now like this and looks like they must me getting knocked about during delivery

the other thing i noticed was the power supply multi plug coming from psu to main board was not pushed fully home but this box was working ok just the display sitting off

so i would recomend anyone getting a clone to take cover of if not fitting int hard drive and check all plug connections inside

jordie
1st March, 2012, 09:00 PM
just seen this and to let people know i ordered a box on sunday and it was with me in northern ireland on the monday.

dell_xps
1st March, 2012, 09:04 PM
Does it work ?

mdt
1st March, 2012, 09:05 PM
Does it work ?

PMSL, regards mdt

dell_xps
1st March, 2012, 09:12 PM
PMSL, regards mdt

I try my best MDT....lol

potrobber
1st March, 2012, 11:33 PM
Does it work ?

dell was it you had the thread about the psu in a genuine one how old was your box when it packed in?

dell_xps
1st March, 2012, 11:44 PM
Correct m8, I was just jesting with the guy, but would be nice to know how he got on with it :-)

OH box was 6-7 months old !!

potrobber
1st March, 2012, 11:47 PM
was it left on all the time or did you standby or switch of?

his box is working but he does not know where to put line in

portbhoy
1st March, 2012, 11:50 PM
Thank god I saw this thread I had managed to convince myself that having not read many bad things about the box it may be worth a shout but I think I'll just put in the extra ?100 and go genuine.

dell_xps
1st March, 2012, 11:51 PM
Well I left mine in stanby most of the time, now I have it going into deep stanby at 2 am every morning, as it's not used on a day to day basis now, I get my Ultimo tomorrow, so Im excited....lol

Oh and his you know what goes in the etc folder, but you told him that ?

linuxsat
3rd March, 2012, 09:09 PM
I never unswer any email unless you ask me about card sharing or other ilegal stuff. I do try to do my best to give full support but maybe my best is not good enough for you you can buy original or from china as you wish.

cactikid
3rd March, 2012, 11:37 PM
will you answer a pm if someone sends one to you?i would like to think if someone sends an email or pm to me i would try to answer it,but maybe some people get swamped by them and spam also it may just take too much time.help and support is vital in these recession times.

portbhoy
3rd March, 2012, 11:40 PM
Na kida I'm with him, his best aint good enough once that moneys over the counter it's his end of ;)

dell_xps
3rd March, 2012, 11:48 PM
Is the guy saying he will only answer e-mails if it's for illegal stuff, kinda confused.com ?

satsmo
3rd March, 2012, 11:57 PM
Closed.......