PDA

View Full Version : BMW X5 E53 2005

SDO
9th February, 2012, 04:30 AM
Hi,
I was trying to do this cluster, opened the housing, unscrewed the screws on the gauges from the front, then when I tried to remove the first needle, temperature gauge needle, it came out with the shaft and the spring.
I read on this great forum, that remove the spring and put it back in and it works, and it did, so fixed that and put the cluster away.

Is there a better way to remove x5 needle , I simple did anti clock wise circle then pulled while spinning, and the shaft came out. It's very hot in Australia so don't think I need hair dryer.

Also I can get the rear black cover off the gauges, is there a way to get that off and pinouts for EEPROM at the back so don't have to take needles off. I m using Smelecom DSP3+.
Thankyou very much.

friki
9th February, 2012, 05:21 AM
hi mate no need to remove the needle,simply open the dashboard back ,put connection diagram and read in circuit eeprom M35080 by xprog-m

SDO
9th February, 2012, 05:25 AM
Thanks a lot mate, I was trying to get the back cover off but got scared it was ganna break, there are no screws or tabs that I can see, is there any trick to open it ? Thankyou

vageric
9th February, 2012, 05:48 AM
i think that this one have a M35080V6 inside.
if so than there is no way to program it with your tool from the back of the cluster.
must remove needles.
just try it and read back after to see if old mileage pop up back.

SDO
9th February, 2012, 06:09 AM
I have digimaster 3 as well with 35080 eraser, can that do this in circuit ?