PDA

View Full Version : problems with blue box

warriors5
13th January, 2009, 10:30 AM
i have just flashed my cloned box with the clone safe firmware and now it has come on but all the writing channels,time, mute, even when i do a scan the writing is just scribble i cant even read it i have to just guess were everything is any one any ideas wat the problem might be it also did same to my non cloned box when i did same using normal firmware. cheers in advance

HiTeck
13th January, 2009, 12:46 PM
Try flashing it again, do a factory default before and after flashing.

camelv
13th January, 2009, 01:11 PM
r u sure you have not got the boxes mixed up m8

warriors5
13th January, 2009, 01:15 PM
no coz only just bought one

camelv
13th January, 2009, 01:29 PM
is there a possibillity you could flash them the other way round and see what happens, also r u sure they r both blue boxes

check this link m8

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f71/eurovox-max-v-2008-black-17679/

warriors5
13th January, 2009, 04:46 PM
they are both 2006 boxes blue and are both clones. when i flash them they come up with normal writing but when i retreive my box with the rf lead all the writing scrambles get perfect picture just cant read none of writing

camelv
13th January, 2009, 05:04 PM
i had same problem with a blue clone m8 and i had to put blue flash back on from april last year then i done the rf connection and went to factory reset then keyed in 1004 as my pin and reset the box.
then i flashed it with clonesafe f/ware and it worked and is still working now.
make sure you are not putting the up to date genuine f/ware on the box because this disables the scart connection.

HiTeck
13th January, 2009, 05:27 PM
If you already have the latest clone safe F/W on it then I would leave it as it is, do a factory default then go into TV settings check that RGB is on. Then plug the scart back in and power-scan.

camelv
13th January, 2009, 05:47 PM
If you already have the latest clone safe F/W on it then I would leave it as it is, do a factory default then go into TV settings check that RGB is on. Then plug the scart back in and power-scan.
afternoon m8
he is saying he is unable to read the menu,s which is making hard for him to do any resets .

camelv
13th January, 2009, 05:55 PM
to access the menu through rf you need to put the last f/ware before you updated it back on the box so that the menu is readable ,then do a factory reset and you scart conn will be back up. try to do this first

HiTeck
13th January, 2009, 06:10 PM
Hi camelv yes mate I am aware of this,

Factory default should bring the letters back to normal once the Scart lead is plugged back in. If you cant find where the factory default is then,

press menu on your remote then,

using the arrows press

right/right/right x3
Down/Down x2 then press OK.
Enter 1004
Down x1
OK/OK/OK.

Should factory default then.

I don't get what putting the old F/W back on then flashing with the new fix again will do to help as he would of been in that situation prior to flashing.

Either way the more idea's the merrier but as mentioned before do not use the eurovox genuine fix on a clone, it's a fact that it can kill the box.

warriors5
13th January, 2009, 10:01 PM
right any chance u can put the link on here of which firmware to put bak in u say the original one so i can dowmload it and put it in the box see wat it does cheers

HiTeck
14th January, 2009, 12:09 AM
If you want the blue clone safe firmware its here, >> Digital Kaos - Downloads - Eurovox Blue Clonesafe UK Fix 011208 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/firmware/28/eurovox-blue-clonesafe-uk-fix-011208-473/)

If you want to use the previous clone safe firmware it's here, >> 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download EVMAX_BLUE_160408_CORE_140207.rar (http://www.4shared.com/file/44651370/cafd8b0a/EVMAX_BLUE_160408_CORE_140207.html)

warriors5
14th January, 2009, 11:26 AM
it wont let me open the file for some reason any ideas why it has downloaded to my desk top on my laptop but it wont open

HiTeck
14th January, 2009, 11:31 AM
Google winRar download then open it with that.

camelv
14th January, 2009, 11:45 AM
also you can just right click the rar file and select 3rd extract file down then double click it and it will apear as a folder on your desktop

mornin hi-teck

HiTeck
14th January, 2009, 11:47 AM
:rock: Morning ;)

warriors5
15th January, 2009, 10:02 AM
when i do factory default im still gettin scribble writing

camelv
15th January, 2009, 10:57 AM
Is this through the RF connection

warriors5
15th January, 2009, 10:17 PM
yes through both scart and rf connections

HiTeck
16th January, 2009, 01:06 AM
they are both 2006 boxes blue and are both clones. when i flash them they come up with normal writing but when i retreive my box with the rf lead all the writing scrambles get perfect picture just cant read none of writing

Just going back to a previous post you say they are fine after the flash, SO why do you need to "retrieve" them via the RF cable? if you can SEE they are fine via the TV screen just proceed to power-scan.

OR am I missing something BESIDES the will to live lol.

camelv
16th January, 2009, 10:16 AM
as hiteck says, cant understand why you are plugging rf cable back in when scart is working,
the reason for using rf connection is because scart gets knocked out if you flash box with wrong firmware.
do a factory reset then power scan without rf lead in .

warriors5
16th January, 2009, 05:54 PM
it comes up with wriring on after flashing it for about 10 seconds then freezes and goes back to were i need put rf lead in to get it going again

camelv
16th January, 2009, 06:02 PM
the only reason i know it would do that mate is that if is a clone blue box and you put the genuine f/ware on it ,i have had this happen a few times but have always managed to get the box back up and running using the help from this site ,good luck m8.

HiTeck
16th January, 2009, 06:23 PM
Do as camelv said previous and put the Old clone fix firmware back on it from April 16th linked earlier on in this thread and see if it's the same.

warriors5
16th January, 2009, 11:22 PM
we could have lift off i managed get writing back on but when i unplug it to take it bak down stairs to set up again it freezes again shall i keep that one in my room

HiTeck
16th January, 2009, 11:33 PM
Go on then, tell us how you got the writing back.......

camelv
17th January, 2009, 03:56 AM
we could have lift off i managed get writing back on but when i unplug it to take it bak down stairs to set up again it freezes again shall i keep that one in my room

just as a precation m8 check your downstairs cables i.e. scarts and cable feed ,you never know.