PDA

View Full Version : Jaguar ABS help needed

mowgli5381
9th February, 2012, 12:17 PM
Right, have this 52 plate s type auto, came in with dsc and abs lights on, showing codes c1165 and c1175, rear sensors. Have a feeling I'm not the first with this car!! Already had a brand new rear left sensor, anyway checked both sensors, fine. Checked link loom from sensors to body loom, fine. disconnected sensors and bridged terminals for continuity check at module plug, fine, check for short to ground and live from terminals at module plug, fine. Put a new module on it, still same faults!!!!! Getting a little desperate with this one, so any help is much appreciated.

mowgli5381
9th February, 2012, 12:18 PM
And yes, tooth rings are fine.

Liteace
9th February, 2012, 02:33 PM
There's TSB on these depending on chassis number, something about rear harness replacment

mowgli5381
9th February, 2012, 02:41 PM
Hmmm, I've seen the link loom give probs, but I'll see if i can see anything else, going mental here!!!!!!!!!!1

mowgli5381
9th February, 2012, 05:59 PM
Somehow its now cleared the c1165 which is right hand sensor, but wont lose the left side error, and I'm fast running out of fags!!
Out of pure curiosity of trying to find something, I've swapped the left and right connectors, so left is connected to right wheel and vice versa, still same fault, left rear sesnor. As i said, wire has no short to earth, live etc.

smokey08
9th February, 2012, 07:46 PM
Check the resistance of the sensors from the module plug. I have seen these jags with broken wires it the loom under the rear of the car and I think your loom may be green, corroded and nearly broken inside causing high resistance.

mowgli5381
9th February, 2012, 07:53 PM
Thanks smokey, I did check that and both sensors gave exactly the same results, will check them again tomorow.

mowgli5381
10th February, 2012, 01:14 PM
Pulled the loom apart and everything is nice and shiney! What am I missing here???!!!!

Liteace
10th February, 2012, 03:47 PM
What am I missing here???!!!!

A Jag that works properly :dong: