PDA

View Full Version : Tablets from the Chinamen?

Rodbouy
10th February, 2012, 02:34 PM
Has anyone bought any tablets from China?

Are they worth while?

Maybe not for top level but for decent browsing and games for a 5 y/o.

Anne46
11th February, 2012, 09:43 PM
I haven't. But I'd like to offer my thoughts, bearing in mind I'm not a techie. I've done a lot of research online, reading reviews by techies and non-techies. A lot of tablets have lots of great/good reviews then the same tablet will get some middling reviews and some very poor reviews. I think that as there are so many tablets available now the 'quality assurance' isn't carried out to the extent it should be. My thoughts are that instead of testing 1 out of 10 items only 1 out of 50 is tested - these figures are plucked out of thin air (I've no idea how much testing would normally be done on this type of product) just to make my point. As a result there are more duds getting through than maybe would be expected. I think the odds of getting a good one from China are good. It's a case of 'you pays your money and you takes your choice', but the same could be said about buying one from a retailer in this country.

Hope this helps.
Anne

Hackdroid
12th February, 2012, 01:33 AM
stick to well known brands or atleast uk sellers if i was you ,at least you will have warranty and some sort of seecurity incase you need to to return or something. china make and sourced cheap tablets are no good ive had many come to me showing and complaining about their tablets not working and crap screens etc ...stay away ...you have been warned

haribo
12th February, 2012, 10:47 AM
There is some good chinese ones!
( I'm a absoulte mug for some alibaba free samples )

Anne46
12th February, 2012, 01:30 PM
If the seller accepts Paypal you should be covered in the event the tablet didn't work properly however you may find that you'd have to pay postage to return it which I imagine would be quite costly; don't know whether you'd be able to reclaim the postage from Paypal as well - I'm sure you could find out beforehand. Hackdroid is right up to a point but there are dodgy sellers in the UK and though we're covered by the regulations on distance selling it could be tricky if you say there's a problem with an item and when you send it back they say there isn't. I wasn't advocating buying directly from China just voicing my thoughts on buying tablets in general. If you do go down that route you can a lot of research on different companies first to see what others say about them; I'm sure I don't need to tell you that really.
Anne
It's worth checking out WholesaleForum.com before you take the plunge.

Losty
17th February, 2012, 12:57 AM
If i could throw my 2 cents in..

I currently own a Zenithink ZT-280 C91 Tablet. Its made in china.

Its a 10.1 inch with tons of features. and i love it. Does everything the more expensive tabs do and only cost's about $200. There are also lots of reviews on them.

There customer support is so good, they had a Android 2.3 -> 4.0 update within 3 weeks of sandwich being released.

Take care!
~Losty~ :bandit:

Lyrrad
28th February, 2012, 05:28 AM
Ainol Elf 7" Android Tab with Ice Cream Sandwich and 1024x600 TFT display. ?117 delivered @ Futeko http://bit.ly/y2MLl1 #hotukdealsdroid

Worth a punt. Read the thread

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

modular
7th March, 2012, 02:40 AM
If one is to risk importing one, the Ainol brand is a good way to go. Had an Elf and it was flawless, but since I sold it the unknown to me would long term quality.

austenerife
7th March, 2012, 08:59 PM
I also have an ainol advanced (predecessor to the elf).I bought it in the UK for 109pounds. I have had great fun with it,better than I expected.Very fast for browsing and emails.
I now mainly use it as an ereader.
My 5 year old grandson loves it for all the free games that came bundled with it.
This is a fast moving technology where better specs are released almost weekly. I joined an android forum where there is lots of support.In the next couple of months some of the latest chinese tablets hitting the market will be great value for money.At the moment the better ones are in very short supply due to the chinese home demand.
Aus

912secured
5th December, 2012, 11:02 AM
everbuying mostly for unlocked phones androids built in ipod cases.

ferrloz
10th February, 2013, 05:39 PM
Hello friends I am new in the forum and queria to say my experience on my Chinese tablet and it is the following ride chip RK29 and I am incapable of rootearla since it does not enter way recovery and it does not also update the driver to recognize the above mentioned tablet and to be able to use program for roteo if someone knows some kind of mas who says it to me please. Regards.

althom40
11th February, 2013, 08:35 AM
Well I have a Zenithink ZT102 with ICS.
Just using it as an ebook reader. but it accesses the net and is ok for watching downloaded videos. It has the usual chinese built bugs in it. E.g. it switches itself on when no one is around and therefore runs the battery down.

Support is chinese style. A couple of updates from the factory then support is phased out.

Website forums covering Zenithink are few and far between,mostly in the U.S. All of them bitching about support.

quinnd
11th February, 2013, 09:00 AM
Is it possible to run ESI or Alldata on a tablet?

sgundersen
29th May, 2013, 10:07 PM
I am the lucky owner of a Hyundai T7 which I am very happy with.
It is a 7 'quad core with 2gb flash and 16 gb memory but fit a 32/64 gb micro sd as well.
Bought on AliExpress.

COVENANTS LAND
2nd July, 2013, 09:42 PM
Hail Hail I've got a PiPo M9 It's brilliant I had to get one for my daughter too Specs are double most tablets I really love the 2 gig ram as you never need to close any running Apps

starkie
9th July, 2013, 03:15 PM
I use focalprice had about 4 or 5 now( only because kids break them ) very good service

kaomde
17th August, 2013, 07:16 PM
cheap china tablets are really cool!
I just don't understand why to over extra pay for iPad1/2/3 that is being produced in hte same factory by chineese :))))