PDA

View Full Version : will ps3 be chipped anytime soon....

wakkaday
4th May, 2008, 02:33 PM
whats the likelihood?

janobi
5th May, 2008, 10:01 AM
whats the likelihood?

Depends on what time Marvin and Co invade, and show the way to 5th rock from the sun.

No-one know mates, we are all still awaiting something that will work. So I guess its a waiting game for us all.

MFCGAVMFC
7th May, 2008, 05:08 PM
its just a wonder how they would do it? load games from dvd or hdd?

ronaldo121
7th May, 2008, 10:03 PM
this is the million dollar question lol!

dunno when it will be done will be interesting

satmanstan
8th May, 2008, 02:50 PM
Ive heard there is a disk floating around that when you load it, it makes the PS3 into a DEV machine so you can boot backups. Dont know how true this is

MFCGAVMFC
9th May, 2008, 10:37 PM
the rumour mill is in over drive mate since day one :( hopefully summit concrete will show up soon

gazz10
9th May, 2008, 10:50 PM
YES it will be be 'fixed' its only a mater of time, show my a console that not been done.

C64
10th May, 2008, 12:22 PM
NEC's PC Engine ;)

doobiest
11th May, 2008, 04:31 PM
YES it will be be 'fixed' its only a mater of time, show my a console that not been done.

hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ColecoVision

:laugh:

rudeboi786
11th May, 2008, 05:03 PM
can you chip ps3 40gb ???

janobi
11th May, 2008, 05:09 PM
can you chip ps3 40gb ???

None can be chipped, modified or anything else.

C64
11th May, 2008, 06:09 PM
hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ColecoVision

:laugh:

lol, that's scraping the bottom of the barrel mate. :)

My neighbour used to have one, I was rotten with jealousy :)

jimbo69jones
23rd May, 2008, 09:26 PM
It was Zaxxon that did it wasn't it :)

MrFug
23rd May, 2008, 09:40 PM
I't wouldnt be worth it anyways imo. Bluray +R discs are too expensive, not to mention the bandwidth you would be using downloading 20, 30gb images.

Menacie
24th May, 2008, 08:35 PM
Be most likely reading games through a quick enough external hard drive.

violentj
28th May, 2008, 12:26 AM
no it wont be hacked

jimbo69jones
28th May, 2008, 02:41 AM
no it wont be hacked

Explain please

BlueMotion
30th May, 2008, 05:41 PM
Probably wont be chipped, hopefully something firmware based, like the Psp.

monkeyboybing
8th June, 2008, 11:07 AM
Heard a recent rumour rubbing hands as we speak (evil genius laugh!!!!_mwah ha ha

C64
8th June, 2008, 11:25 AM
I'll guarantee you that the rumour ends up being just that...a rumour. :)

Raven
8th June, 2008, 11:04 PM
The thing I don't understand is, and it might just be me being a dumbass (more than probable lol) but PS3 hacking and chipping etc....you would think that they would do something similar to what they did with the 360 where it's the drive that gets modded.

A successful hack/chipping would boost PS3 sales quite abit but I just don't see the big enigma about it....Personally I think if it had been doable that they would have done it by now. Maybe they have......

But I doubt it.

Basically almost nothing is impossible, however doability and feasibility do play a factor. And at the moment PS3 has no killer apps, but next week MGS4 is released...Now that is either the cause of this hack rumor or it HAS actually been done and the release of the PS3's first major AAA title is the catalyst for the hack/chip's release. Either way I don't think it's a coincidence.

Personally I'll believe it when or indeed if I see it.

violentj
24th June, 2008, 10:14 PM
a drive hack wouldnt be viable at the moment as theres no way for the mainstream pirates to make any money(you wan buy dvd?) with the cost of blank bluray discs and blueray burners its cheAPER TO SHOP AROUND AND GET AN ORIGINAL but i belive once the price of blank bdr media is around 2-3 quid per disc you will see a lot of rapid progress as there will be money in it,plus the hobbyist hackers will be able to afford to experiment that little bit more

an iso loader just isnt gunna happen,unless the ps3s sales drop off dramaticaly and sony need the boost a hack would provide

oh and all you 40 gig owners expect to see a ps2 emulator released before the years end

C64
6th July, 2008, 07:15 PM
oh and all you 40 gig owners expect to see a ps2 emulator released before the years end

Didn't someone say that the PS2 emulator was hardware in the 60Gb PS3?

violentj
6th July, 2008, 09:22 PM
Didn't someone say that the PS2 emulator was hardware in the 60Gb PS3?

in the jap and us ones there was basically a ps2 built into it

but uk and europe got shafted with the ee taken out,and the majority of the emulation being software based-albeit with some hardware help

but the ps3 is more than capable of emulating the ps2-no matter what some folk will tell you

Raven
6th July, 2008, 11:03 PM
I assume Sony is still going to create or upload a downloadable emulator for PS2 games by the year's end ? I read that they were.

Also the emotion engine apparently was taken out of the European 40gb PS3's to keep the costs down....but I disagree with this because what Sony will do is have an ass load of PS2 games to purchase and download off the PSN and they will release probably the exact same emulator which came with the other version of PS3 which didn't have the hardware but was software driven. Sony just thought why not just make money off backwards compatibility and convenience ? It was smart by Sony to do it.

Obviously it's all about the money.

But the question still remains about are we being shafted ?....because even though people will have to pay for games that they may well already own in order to play them on the PS3, them games will not be in physical disc format, I imagine they will be like the old Xbox games were once ripped to the hard drive - in that you just clicked on the icon and the full game would load up without the need for any discs......so the question remains is this level of convenience worth paying for also ? For me it definitely is so long as the pricing isn't astronomical. Because that way it's less hassle and your game doesn't suffer from wear and tear and it loads much quicker too since it isn't hindered by the limitations of physical discs.

But it's bad new for some if Sony decides to release another dodgy update which for some unlucky people causes their PS3 to be bricked in which case the only solution is a hard drive reformat, since that would instantly mean all their PS2 games they bought are now gone and would need to be re bought. Unless of course they were smart enough to take preventative measures like taking out their PS3 hard drive and putting it into their PC and copying the data over to prevent a catastrophe but alot of less technologically minded people in the general public probably wouldn't.

Anyways I just wondered what other people's opinion on this whole thing is ?

violentj
7th July, 2008, 04:59 AM
luckily the psn is like live there,if you have purchase something,you can log into your account and re download for nowt

Raven
7th July, 2008, 01:07 PM
Oh right I didn't know that. Shows how much I've used the PSN at all lol. I only use it to download demos thats about it. I think I will probably buy the Super Street Fighter HD Remix though when it comes out unless the pricing is crazy on it.