PDA

View Full Version : Portforwad Help dydns

SATMANSIMON
11th February, 2012, 01:51 PM
Any advice please, I need to set a server up to my sisters house 2 doors down the street so cables are a no no.

Thing is I my 2 settings on my router status, the ADSL ip gateway etc etc

And my Lan / router ip gateway setttings. Now what setting,s do I need to apply with dydns.

First question ?

Do I need to make an account with no-ip dyns and make sure the ADSL ip never changes as I can assume It sometimes might.

Or Do I set up the account to make sure my Lan/router settings never change.

Second Question

Once I have set up dynds to make sure my ip is always the same eithier on my ADSL or Router , I then take it I have to set up another dydns account / host , to hide the ip address of my server.

Third Question

Once I have done the two stages above, I need to obviously set up port-forwading, do I port forwad the server to the Lan/Router address or do I port forwad it to the ADSL/Gateway address.

Please dont link me to portward.com lol its to confusing I know how to set up the router its just a headache working out what needs what, As the external/asdl/ ip address and gateway or obviously different to the internal/router ip etc.

please give a little advice if you can please.

Thanks SMD :eating:

SATMANSIMON
11th February, 2012, 01:58 PM
Just to add I havent made my two laptops and server/Desktop with static ip addresses ? Im still using dchp But I have reserved there ip addresses through there mac ids in my router settings so the will never chnage I hope this is ok.

SATMANSIMON
11th February, 2012, 03:18 PM
No advice on this then people's oh christ, Im back to work now so will check tomorrow... !!!!

I get the feeling this is going to take me ages to sort out nooooooooooooo.

Rodbouy
11th February, 2012, 03:56 PM
Any advice please, I need to set a server up to my sisters house 2 doors down the street so cables are a no no.

Thing is I my 2 settings on my router status, the ADSL ip gateway etc etc

And my Lan / router ip gateway setttings. Now what setting,s do I need to apply with dydns.

First question ?

Do I need to make an account with no-ip dyns and make sure the ADSL ip never changes as I can assume It sometimes might.

Or Do I set up the account to make sure my Lan/router settings never change.

There is many sites you can use, I use dyndns.com but they do not offer the free account anymore.

No ip will do just fine.

Second Question

Once I have set up dynds to make sure my ip is always the same eithier on my ADSL or Router , I then take it I have to set up another dydns account / host , to hide the ip address of my server.

Once you create the no ip and link it to the current IP of the network (real ip) thats it done, If your Real IP changes you need modify it unless i think you have a paid account for AU dns.

Third Question

Once I have done the two stages above, I need to obviously set up port-forwading, do I port forwad the server to the Lan/Router address or do I port forwad it to the ADSL/Gateway address.

Please dont link me to portward.com lol its to confusing I know how to set up the router its just a headache working out what needs what, As the external/asdl/ ip address and gateway or obviously different to the internal/router ip etc.

You will have to open the port on the router and assign the the internal box ip of the device you want to use.

Ie DM800 lan IP is 192.168.1.100 then go to the section in the routers webif to open the port say 80 for the above IP.

When doing so set a static IP for that device to avoid it being changed later.

Curious123
11th February, 2012, 04:36 PM
The free no-ip dns account will needs to be renewed every month oterwise it will be deleted. To make sure your ISP ip address is always synchronised with your dns account you can download a client from no-ip which you can start every time you start your pc and this will automaically make sure your ip address is always kept synchronised with the no-ip dns account.