PDA

View Full Version : Golf 4 GTI std and mod map for all

ghostridersa
12th February, 2012, 12:44 PM
Good day DK members

I attach hereto for anyone who needs it the standard and mod map for Golf 4 1.8T.Any golf 4 from 1999 to 2003. The ori map is for a golf 4 1.8T 110kw and the mod map for golf 4 1.8t 110kw up to 145kw. I have tested the mod map and it is perfect and pushes boost up to 1.2bar and gives a very smooth drive with no bad side effects. excellent map.

Alpinesport
12th February, 2012, 01:13 PM
hi what about injection at full throttle so it will fit the boost pressure

ghostridersa
12th February, 2012, 01:22 PM
The map adjusts timing, fuel and boost and it is a perfect map. Flashed 5 cars with it so far and all the customers are smiling.

spychu14
12th February, 2012, 01:22 PM
How to compare two projects in winols ??
I want to compare some ori and modded files.

Thanks

wiseman
12th February, 2012, 09:50 PM
Those two files are completely different software versions, thats not a mod of the orig software

ghostridersa
12th February, 2012, 10:24 PM
Those two files are completely different software versions, thats not a mod of the orig software

You completely correct, ( so you actually read the post correctly, or didnt you?),( show me anywhere in my first post where I said its the ori map modified), one file is the standard/ ori software which came off the ecu and the mod is the software which went onto the ecu. I did not say it was the same software which had been modified. Did I say that? No I did not!!! I said it was a good/perfect mod map for Golf 4 GTI 1999 to 2003. Maybe you did not read my post correctly.

frikki
12th February, 2012, 10:34 PM
hi dear friend. will i be able to flash it using mpps. and if im correct you said from 110kw to 145kw, just by a software change. many thanks. keep well.

ghostridersa
12th February, 2012, 11:17 PM
hi dear friend. will i be able to flash it using mpps. and if im correct you said from 110kw to 145kw, just by a software change. many thanks. keep well.

Hi Frikki

We used the mod map on 3 different golf 4 GTI so far and all are boosting between 1 bar and 1.2 bar and between 131kw and 145kw on the dyno.

We havent tried with mpps as each time we pulled the ecu and de-solered the chip and flashed it and re-soldered it. Frikki the mod map is great for our SA climat and was done by one of best tuners down here. You might know him but I wont mention names here. Try the map and let me know how big your smile was.

wiseman
13th February, 2012, 03:34 AM
First of all.... dont talk to me like im a fcukin clown.....

Second.... its a little pointless to post an orig if it isnt related to the Mod isnt it?? you did say.... "I attach here to for anyone who needs it the standard and mod map for Golf 4 1.8T "..., People would automatically assume that this is a Mod of the Orig since you posted them together, and maybe look and check the changes to see what has been done. to do this would require the same soft version.... I thought I would do this to make it clear for anyone that didnt realise this when trying to compaire both files, not to undermine or patronise you.
Hands up who thought the exact same as me when they saw both files there?

Usually this wouldnt Work in most modern ecu`s flashing a random software version in it but because its an Old Motronic Ecu it will accept the file and run
and well done for wasting time removing the Flash chip when MPPS is the only tool in the world that will do this OBD anyway,

Its Good of you and I Appreciate that you sharing files and info on your work, but respect and manners cost nothing.

wiseman
13th February, 2012, 03:39 AM

MPPS will work :)

frikki
13th February, 2012, 09:39 AM
Hi Frikki

We used the mod map on 3 different golf 4 GTI so far and all are boosting between 1 bar and 1.2 bar and between 131kw and 145kw on the dyno.

We havent tried with mpps as each time we pulled the ecu and de-solered the chip and flashed it and re-soldered it. Frikki the mod map is great for our SA climat and was done by one of best tuners down here. You might know him but I wont mention names here. Try the map and let me know how big your smile was.

do you mind if i ask which programmer you use to program the flash when removing the eeprom. i do have mpps. so i will give it a shot with the obd tool friend. thanks.

filecloud
13th February, 2012, 11:12 AM
Hello
Attached the original file for the tuned one.
greetings,
filecloud

ghostridersa
14th February, 2012, 06:55 AM
First of all.... dont talk to me like im a fcukin clown.....

Second.... its a little pointless to post an orig if it isnt related to the Mod isnt it?? you did say.... "I attach here to for anyone who needs it the standard and mod map for Golf 4 1.8T "..., People would automatically assume that this is a Mod of the Orig since you posted them together, and maybe look and check the changes to see what has been done. to do this would require the same soft version.... I thought I would do this to make it clear for anyone that didnt realise this when trying to compaire both files, not to undermine or patronise you.
Hands up who thought the exact same as me when they saw both files there?

Usually this wouldnt Work in most modern ecu`s flashing a random software version in it but because it an Old Motronic Ecu it will accept the file and run
and well done for wasting time removing the Flash chip when MPPS is the only tool in the world that will do this OBD anyway,

Its Good of you and I Appreciate that you sharing files and info on your work, but respect and manners cost nothing.

@ Wiseman, I am not even going to go down the path with you and become a keyboard cowboy. You have been on this great forum longer than me so Before I shut my mouth and say no more I will mention that any tuner worth his weight in salt would have firstly looked at the maps before loading them to a vehicle. Two dumps loaded by myself were for, 1) In the event someone needs a standard dump and 2) in the event someone needs a mod dump.

No one said you a clown and I did not mean to make you sound like a clown, I was merely trying to contribute to this great forum as I feel I need to give back some info to the guys here who have been such a great source of info. long story short, subject closed.

ghostridersa
14th February, 2012, 07:02 AM
do you mind if i ask which programmer you use to program the flash when removing the eeprom. i do have mpps. so i will give it a shot with the obd tool friend. thanks.

Hi Frikki ou maat,

I use a BK UP40 MKII made right here in South Africa. The programmer is made by a guy in Pretoria to cover all the cars we get over here and includes all the adaptors.

zubabg
15th February, 2012, 03:48 PM
thanks this is awesome!

pvl
15th February, 2012, 06:59 PM
@ all threadreaders and OP :

This tune comes off a ebay-disc. I'm very sorry to spoil the party. But it is true. I just made some checks, and it's 100% no custom South African Tuner tuned file.

I'm not saying anything about the quality, hereby. Don't misunderstand me, please.

I think other forum-members can have a look to the tuned file, and give us their opinion about the quality of this file (filecloud ? ;) )

That would be very nice.

Cheers,

PvL

filecloud
15th February, 2012, 07:59 PM
If you do not say anything about the quality about the file why should i do so? :-)
Anyone that wants to learn about the file should try the file on his own car and do some logging with vagcom and LM1 and then post the results here for all.

ghostridersa
16th February, 2012, 12:45 AM
@ all threadreaders and OP :

This tune comes off a ebay-disc. I'm very sorry to spoil the party. But it is true. I just made some checks, and it's 100% no custom South African Tuner tuned file.

I'm not saying anything about the quality, hereby. Don't misunderstand me, please.

I think other forum-members can have a look to the tuned file, and give us their opinion about the quality of this file (filecloud ? ;) )

That would be very nice.

Cheers,

PvL
@ PVL

Regards your post let me set you straight with a few things.
1). The file is not off ebay, I wouldnt buy anything off ebay as you won't get anything good off ebay.
2). If the file is now on ebay then that would be because maybe someone downloaded it from the south african tuner and it ends up on ebay. Those kinds of things happen all the time.
3). No body wants you to use the file if you don't want to so what exactly are you trying to get at? It does'nt make sense you trying to rip things apart for what? Use the file or don't its up to you and I have nothing to prove to you.
4). So tell me if you tune a file and share it here and someone downloads it and puts it on ebay then the people are going to say you didnt tune the file because its a ebay file???

I am here to share and not to argue with people so why are people picking at me? It just does not make sense to share if people want to argue about what is getting shared.

pvl
16th February, 2012, 05:21 AM
Hi Ghostridersa,

Setting me straight :) LOL

"the south african tuner" -> check-out my nice dvd-screenshot i made for you, and all threadreaders, that file, is 100% the same as your posted modfile.....

This dvd was posted here (weblinks) @ DK, if i recall. A typiccal mix of the 'known' files. One interesting thing tho: Checkout the filedate on this specific file !
Thats quite on-par with the first releases of this car, with the D03-software-revision of the ecu !

No need to get mad, but do you get my message ? As this wasn't clear the first instance... You may begin to have doubts about the original source of this file. I get the feeling this really originates out of Germany or rather Italy ! Like the way they corrected the checksum, so it stays the same as the original file....
The folder-structure of the disc tells alot... Hope you didn't pay an arm and a leg for this tune... As your tuner-man didn't invest alot of programming on this one ;)

@filecloud : i need to learn ALOT about this ecu and the way to modify it. Thanks for the reply. Was hopeing for a bit more, but we can't have it all ! Testing and logging indeed will tell more. Tho this ecu hasn't proper logging-capabilities that the newer ecu's have, sadly...

Cheers,

PvL

ghostridersa
16th February, 2012, 06:49 AM
Hi Ghostridersa,

Setting me straight :) LOL

"the south african tuner" -> check-out my nice dvd-screenshot i made for you, and all threadreaders, that file, is 100% the same as your posted modfile.....

This dvd was posted here (weblinks) @ DK, if i recall. A typiccal mix of the 'known' files. One interesting thing tho: Checkout the filedate on this specific file !
Thats quite on-par with the first releases of this car, with the D03-software-revision of the ecu !

No need to get mad, but do you get my message ? As this wasn't clear the first instance... You may begin to have doubts about the original source of this file. I get the feeling this really originates out of Germany or rather Italy ! Like the way they corrected the checksum, so it stays the same as the original file....
The folder-structure of the disc tells alot... Hope you didn't pay an arm and a leg for this tune... As your tuner-man didn't invest alot of programming on this one ;)

@filecloud : i need to learn ALOT about this ecu and the way to modify it. Thanks for the reply. Was hopeing for a bit more, but we can't have it all ! Testing and logging indeed will tell more. Tho this ecu hasn't proper logging-capabilities that the newer ecu's have, sadly...

Cheers,

PvL

@PVL, you still just don't get it, do you, I really don't care where the mod file came from as long as it works.

As I stated and to my knowledge the mod file comes from a tuner from south africa.That is what I was told. And NO the file did'nt cost me anything at all as it was shared with me and many others and so I in turn shared it with members of DK, thinking I am doing some good, but what do I get for sharing??? I get you popping up trying to rip into the mod map and rip it apart. And for what? To make you feel good.

As I have said before, I really don't care where the map comes from, neither do I care to find out. All I am concerned about is if it works. And yes it works perfectly with south african climat and I have used it on 3 vehicles so far and it has made me good money. So at the end of the day if you want to believe it comes from germany, italy or from the queen of england then so be it, whatever floats your boat. :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

ghostridersa
16th February, 2012, 06:22 PM
MPPS will work :)

Wiseman can you tell me how could Frikki possibly use MPPS to flash the map via obd? The map is for a M3.8.3 ecu and nowhere on the MPPS list of supported ecu's is the M3.8.3 listed. The 1.8 T GTI came out in south africa from 1999 to 2002 with a M3.8.3 ecu and from end of 2002 it came out with a ME 7.5. So Frikki the answer is no you cant use a MPPS to flash a M3.8.3.

That is as far as my research goes but, Wiseman, I am under correction here but if there is a way to flash a M3.8.3 via obd with MPPS then please tell me how as I remove the chip each time to flash.

I have included the MPPS list of supported ecu's for you take a look at.

Stanton
16th February, 2012, 06:57 PM
Define the file "works"??

The engine runs? Or it runs and makes good power safely?

If the latter, please post dyno logs inc AFR, boost, knock and EGT to prove.
If you cant do this, then please dont claim file to be "good", and please others before uploading to your own car, think with caution.

z786
16th February, 2012, 07:03 PM
stop having a go at the guy
hes tried to contribute in his own way
NO ONE has a gun to your head to use it
if u cant be nice just stay out of the thread

fcuks sake

ghostridersa
16th February, 2012, 07:13 PM
Define the file "works"??

The engine runs? Or it runs and makes good power safely?

If the latter, please post dyno logs inc AFR, boost, knock and EGT to prove.
If you cant do this, then please dont claim file to be "good", and please others before uploading to your own car, think with caution.

I am not going to define anything to anyone any further, no logs etc etc etc. If you want the map use it if dont want it ignore it. Never when posting a mod file thinking I might be doing some good did I ever think that people would look at every angle to rip it apart. Why I can not understand. Note to myself, "don't share again you will just be given a headache".

Stanton
16th February, 2012, 08:33 PM
Its not about people ripping YOU apart, its not a personal issue.... but "tuning" as an industry is riddled with nonsense; people who tune files without any data feedback etc, so to me at least, its bloody frustrating when I see files posted with bold claims with zero supporting evidence.

Again, its nothing personal....but unfortunately this thread is typical of this.

wiseman
16th February, 2012, 11:47 PM
Wiseman can you tell me how could Frikki possibly use MPPS to flash the map via obd? The map is for a M3.8.3 ecu and nowhere on the MPPS list of supported ecu's is the M3.8.3 listed. The 1.8 T GTI came out in south africa from 1999 to 2002 with a M3.8.3 ecu and from end of 2002 it came out with a ME 7.5. So Frikki the answer is no you cant use a MPPS to flash a M3.8.3.

That is as far as my research goes but, Wiseman, I am under correction here but if there is a way to flash a M3.8.3 via obd with MPPS then please tell me how as I remove the chip each time to flash.

I have included the MPPS list of supported ecu's for you take a look at.

Thanks for the list but i think i know what Ecu`s it supports..

Look at the list... do you see any other ecu`s that are listed for 1.8t? a little Clue.. ME 5.92 is closely related to ME3.83

.....M3.82 is not programable tho

jose manuel
7th April, 2016, 02:59 AM
son dos mapas uno modifica y el original el cual uno puede moficar...???