PDA

View Full Version : help re flashing f/ware

eattheliving
12th February, 2012, 12:57 PM
Hi all, just need a bit of help please. I flashed my solo with the vix latest image,everything went ok. but on a few occasions the box just freezes and locks up and i cannot do anything either with RC or on the buttons on the front of the box. If i pull the power and let it re boot then it comes back fine. no error logs are created by this failure.

question: how do i re flash my box with the same image pls?

i have tried the usb method but it just boots up as normal then a message pops up saying no readable material on the usb.

help please :hmmmm2:

den169
12th February, 2012, 04:28 PM
Same way you did first time extract the image to a fat32 usb stick there should be a folder called vuplus and inside that folder another one called solo,Switch the box off at mains put the usb stick in then switch back on it should install itself over the old image.OOPS forgot put usb stick in front usb slot.

eattheliving
12th February, 2012, 04:50 PM
Same way you did first time extract the image to a fat32 usb stick there should be a folder called vuplus and inside that folder another one called solo,Switch the box off at mains put the usb stick in then switch back on it should install itself over the old image.OOPS forgot put usb stick in front usb slot.

thanks matey. tried that it doesn't want to read anything from mem stick. would i have to update the kernel berfehand again?

den169
12th February, 2012, 05:09 PM
You sure the usb stick is ok,Are you extracting the files into the usb stick and not dragging them from your pc into it.

eattheliving
12th February, 2012, 05:57 PM
You sure the usb stick is ok,Are you extracting the files into the usb stick and not dragging them from your pc into it.

just got another usb. did exactly the same and bingo re flashed no problem. just doing all the channel lists etc and hopefully won't get any issues with the box freezing up. if i do i might try another image....blackhole or something else