PDA

View Full Version : ipad2 read .AVI movies?

almeida
13th February, 2012, 11:49 PM
hello
it?s possibel to see movies .avi at ipad2?
or i need to vonvert to mp4?
thanks

smirnoff_rules
13th February, 2012, 11:53 PM
no sure but l can stream anything to mine from a home pc to ipad with airvideo . install on ipad and pc setup shared folder on pc and its auto converts any file to play on ipad and u and use the converter in the program too

griff
14th February, 2012, 09:11 PM
u can but u need to download a app. i use avplayerHD and it will play about anything

johnboy1974
14th February, 2012, 09:38 PM
Theres a few good apps that can do this and they work very well too. If you are jailbroken then get vlc player in cydia.

partyzone
19th February, 2012, 12:52 PM
Hi
I had same problem it's because the iPad reads mp4 so had to convert the files, didn't know about app's will give them ago.
Does the film have to be downloaded to the iPad first or as I do download to iMac the move over with iTunes ( unless someone knows easier way )

Bethshaya
14th March, 2012, 10:47 AM
avi is a container format, it's able to contain different audio and video codec, so, some avis may be supported, while some may be played with issues, it's difficult for us to figure out, you may give it a try, if not supported, just convert it

HappyMoose
20th March, 2012, 05:44 PM
To play those and MKV's I use the VLC media player app, I don't have a jail broken iPad, but I caught the App before it was pulled from the store. you can try downloading the .ipa file, and drag/dropping it into Itunes. I also have another app called Anyplayer HD, but I haven't tried it out yet.

johnboy1974
21st March, 2012, 10:09 PM
Hi
I had same problem it's because the iPad reads mp4 so had to convert the files, didn't know about app's will give them ago.
Does the film have to be downloaded to the iPad first or as I do download to iMac the move over with iTunes ( unless someone knows easier way )

you download your avi movie to your desktop and then drag into the app itself on itunes. All the apps have full instructions on how to do this.

buffoloo
10th April, 2012, 03:07 PM
How to play wmv?

TheBull
20th May, 2012, 04:15 PM
How to play wmv?

I use AVPlayerHD