PDA

View Full Version : HELP! car won't Start, Can I DIY with utel ds708 scanner ?

daviscandy
14th February, 2012, 02:34 AM
The car will crank but not turn over. Ran a Vag-com and it is unable to connect to ecu. Check the wiring and it look all good to ecu. We are checking relays right now but any one else experience a similar problem to guide to where to check. If I want to DIY, the utel ds708 scanner can be suitable or not ?
The car die while in second gear. No shudder or anything just die. I am running the APR software the connect to the ECU is for sure not working because I can't change fuel program or anything.
Any thought please let me know. Thanks!

richy_rich
14th February, 2012, 09:35 AM
What car is it? Actually, put together a few more details (make, model, what you done did etc.) then try asking in the Garage section (general help and automobile discussions)..

daviscandy
15th February, 2012, 02:45 AM
What car is it? Actually, put together a few more details (make, model, what you done did etc.) then try asking in the Garage section (general help and automobile discussions)..

My car is AUDI A4 2002, I am not professional for testing car~~~

daviscandy
15th February, 2012, 02:50 AM
There's a garage section as well? Who knew? :D :D :D

>_<!!!, so sorry~

richy_rich
15th February, 2012, 03:39 PM
:) That wasn't directed at you btw but another poster in same thread.

So, if VAG-COM can't communicate with your ECU and assuming it works on other cars (not a duff cable) then I doubt the Autel will be able to connect either. Worth a try, if you have one, I suppose?

"I am running the APR software the connect to the ECU is for sure not working because I can't change fuel program or anything."

I'm not familiair with this software, but were you changing the fuel maps etc. immediately before this happened?

Also, what happens now? It cranks (turns over) but won't start?

Might want to try putting your original ECU software back if you have modified it, if the ECU is dead dead dead try a local tuner who will probably have the tools to restore it. Or.. start searching this forum fast for more answers :)

Hopefully others may have some ideas for you too!

oldford
15th February, 2012, 06:12 PM
What engine do you have? Petrol or diesel?

Liteace
15th February, 2012, 07:34 PM
Lets have a little more history, was the car running before, did it come in as a non runnner, did it just not start one day, have you tried another key just incase its a immo \ transponder problem

kimulatou
16th February, 2012, 04:36 AM
Yeah,I think,it can.Utel ds708 use innovative dual-processor technology for quicker diagnostics and boot-up.

m3vuv
16th February, 2012, 06:01 AM
is it the cambelt?

eddie8
17th February, 2012, 02:20 AM
Check all your fuses if you cant communicate with a scan tool. If fuses are ALL good then hook up a dlc breakout box and pull a wire schematic of the communication (network lines) and check the lines going in and out of the pcm.

have fun.........