PDA

View Full Version : Tom Tom Ver 6 on N95

gre
13th January, 2009, 09:02 PM
Hi all,

Just loaded the TT Ver 6 on to my N95. got to No:5 on install doc, running TT and I then get Expired Certificate appear. The TT ver 6 was from the web site today.
Any ideas please.

dell_xps
14th January, 2009, 01:10 PM
Hi all,

Just loaded the TT Ver 6 on to my N95. got to No:5 on install doc, running TT and I then get Expired Certificate appear. The TT ver 6 was from the web site today.
Any ideas please.

What version of firmware is on your phone m8?
Look in device manager, under tools in your N95.

gre
14th January, 2009, 06:29 PM
dell_xps.

The Version of Firmware is V11.0.026.
I hope this helps.

Cheers

dowlinr
14th January, 2009, 06:58 PM
set your phones date back a year and try installing again. Another thing to check is that the Online certificate check is set to off in Apps-->App Manager-->settings

Edit:
The phone is hacked isn't it??

gre
14th January, 2009, 08:26 PM
Have tried changing the date still the same. Certificate is off.

The phone is hacked isn't it?? Don't understand. Do I need to hack the phone? I haven't seen any mention of this. Are then any details of what I need to do.

Cheers

dowlinr
14th January, 2009, 08:31 PM
hack the phone and forget about all certificate worries :D

gre
14th January, 2009, 10:27 PM
Thank all for the help so far.

What do I need to do to Hack the phone. Never done this before.
Are there any doc's on this or can some one tell me have the details.

Cheers.

dowlinr
14th January, 2009, 10:33 PM
Download this file:
Hacks.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/?rcydlz03z1i)

1)Install Y browser and HelloCarbide from your Hacks(9.x) folder.
2)Open Y browser and KEEP IT OPEN BY PRESSING THE MENU BUTTON.
3)Open HelloCarbide and go to Options>Menu1>Yes
4)Open Y browser again by pressing the menu button and selecting it from the open tasks list and navigate to your Hacks(9.x) folder, copy installserver.exe to C:\SYS\BIN.
5)Restart your phone.

dell_xps
14th January, 2009, 10:35 PM
Are you trying to run the hacked version of TomTom m8 ?
If so it will only run with firmware version 20/21. whatever I'm sure, do not update to the very latest firmware like I did as it doesnt work anymore !!
Anyway if it's a legit copy, update phone via Nokia PC suite, this will let you update your phone to the latest firmware.
Install Nemesis service suite, connect phone up via usb, look on google for euro codes, if you have the plum version type this into the product code and select write, you wont see anything, this will now enable you to update to the very latest firmware.
If you dont do the above you only get the latest firmware 02/Virgin etc have released for the N95, whereas the steps above keep you bang up to date with the Nokia firmware, hope that makes sense to you m8.

Edit, plum code
0536062 EURO1 - Plum

dowlinr
14th January, 2009, 10:43 PM
Are you trying to run the hacked version of TomTom m8 ?
If so it will only run with firmware version 20/21. whatever I'm sure, do not update to the very latest firmware like I did as it doesnt work anymore !!
Anyway if it's a legit copy, update phone via Nokia PC suite, this will let you update your phone to the latest firmware.
Install Nemesis service suite, connect phone up via usb, look on google for euro codes, if you have the plum version type this into the product code and select write, you wont see anything, this will now enable you to update to the very latest firmware.
If you dont do the above you only get the latest firmware 02/Virgin etc have released for the N95, whereas the steps above keep you bang up to date with the Nokia firmware, hope that makes sense to you m8.

Edit, plum code
0536062 EURO1 - Plum

Afaik the hacks won't work on the latest ver30 firmware so maybe updating and sticking to the operators firmware isn't such a bad thing. I wasn't aware that tomtom didn't work on ver 11.

dell_xps
14th January, 2009, 10:48 PM
Edit, it's either 12, 20/21, google it m8, cant remember off hand.

Check this out m8,

http://thenokiablog.com/2007/05/12/how-to-update-firmware-debranding-andor-change-language-pack-on-the-nokia-n95/

gre
14th January, 2009, 11:52 PM
Thanks for all your help.
I am running the latest version on the down load. If this is the hack ver then that is what I am running.
I will try the Hack and updates etc that have been posted and see if that solve my problem

Again thanks.

dell_xps
15th January, 2009, 12:08 AM
Thanks for all your help.
I am running the latest version on the down load. If this is the hack ver then that is what I am running.
I will try the Hack and updates etc that have been posted and see if that solve my problem

Again thanks.

Dont update to 31.0.017 m8, as you will def not be able to run any unsigned apps etc, ie tomtom etc