PDA

View Full Version : Amount of movement on motor

Fergin
4th May, 2008, 03:42 PM
Hi

I am just about to buy a motorised system and have a question about the amount of arc / movement the motor has. If I have a 1m dish fixed to a south wall normally how much movement will there be on the motor? What stops the dish edge hitting the wall? How long does the bracket normally have to be?

Sorry for so many questions but I could not find much info regarding this

Thanks

Fergin

thommo
4th May, 2008, 03:47 PM
all dependant on where the dish is located, mine wont go past 42 east one side (IT WILL BUT WONT HIT A SAT) as the house edge gets in the way. (i tell a lie it not 42 east its further but i cant remember off the top of my head as i dont watch anything that far east lol)

again length of bracket depends on where it going, mine needed big long ones as otherwise it would have caught the wall at 28 east lol and would have been too close to the eves of the house.

as for it hitting the wall mine never has and there is an option in my reciever to tell it where it has to stop, so if i did enter this into mine it would be from 42 east to what ever west.

Fergin
4th May, 2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks

Wall faces directly south, so was planning on mounting directly to that, package I was looking at had a 15" wall bracket included, just a bit worried that dish edges may catch wall

Cheers

Fergin

krazylegz
4th May, 2008, 04:04 PM
if your house faces directly south then you'll be ok m8 as the dish doesnt move around left and right, it sort of tilts on a angle up and down, its hard to explain but i know what i mean lol

thommo
4th May, 2008, 04:06 PM
you should be ok, dish doesnt actually move left to right it more rotates/arcs on the motor.

and as said you can set limits to its movement on receivers so it doesnt hit the wall if indeed it could.

edit:

damn krazy i didnt see you post and ive typed the same thing lol.

Fergin
4th May, 2008, 04:11 PM
Thanks for replies

Fergin

thommo
4th May, 2008, 04:14 PM
no probs, you'll find you'll only watch stuff from between 28 east to 30 west anyway and i could count on the fingers on my hand ive been anywhere near 30 west with mine.

28e 19e 13e 1w are the ones i use the most.

krazylegz
5th May, 2008, 12:53 PM
the only sats i use too are 28e,19e,16e,13e,5e(hustler tv;)), and 1w only use other satellites for feeds etc