PDA

View Full Version : crossepg problem dm800

yogzy
14th February, 2012, 02:49 PM
hi guys me again:hmmmm2:

i used to use cross epg and download manually everyday a 7day guide from opentv 28.2 which worked great. ( pressed yellow to download )

i have reflashed the image and installed a harddrive to the dm800 and would like the epg to automatically download for me a 7day epg when in standby.

when i go to the crossepg setup options i have " harddisk/harddrive" " toshiba gs.....( my harddrive model number ) " " flash ( not recommended ) " to choose from

do i select the option " harddrive " or " toshiba gs... " as i am confused why i have both options?

also it mentions that it downloads once every hour. does this happen on the hour or at random intervals?
cause when i downloaded it manually i couldnt watch a program at the same time.

hope u can answer my questions as im strugging :hmmmm2:

lincsat
14th February, 2012, 03:10 PM
The app sees the HDD itself and the mounted folder, I use the one labelled Harddrive. There is no need to download every hour, just set that for once a day and do it overnight.

Nav2010
14th February, 2012, 06:42 PM
wer did u download crossepg from? i dnt have it on my plugins section (openpli 1.0 ssl76)

smirnoff_rules
14th February, 2012, 06:43 PM
have u got tspanel ? in there add tunisiasat addons then plugins epg and add from there

Nav2010
14th February, 2012, 06:57 PM
have u got tspanel ? in there add tunisiasat addons then plugins epg and add from there

no mate jus got the inc panel, can i install this as an addon manually?

smirnoff_rules
14th February, 2012, 07:01 PM
can u see these http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f212/enigma2-tspanel-plugin-everything-you-need-your-image-205464/

Nav2010
14th February, 2012, 07:06 PM
can u see these http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f212/enigma2-tspanel-plugin-everything-you-need-your-image-205464/

thanks am going to try and install it, what is telnet??

weedman
14th February, 2012, 07:13 PM
I just answered this here:.. http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f205/how-do-you-get-epg-dm800-253065/#post1452559
But for the sakes of SEO....

You want crossEPG & OpenTV. forgot this rytec boll*cks. (I had issues with this, others swear by it, try em both for yourself)

What is OpenTV?
OpenTV allows you to receive the EPG guide from your satellite, (Its the exact same data Sky use for their EPG, so you can be sure its 100% up to date, all the time). This is better, because it is always updated by sky (who better to provide the data?). And also you will never have any problems, I have been using this since I got my box, and it's never failed on me, and never will...! (Because then it will probably fail for all the sky customers as well!!).

How To install TSPanel & CrossEPG with OpenTV.
1. Install TSPanel on your image (I have attached it for your convenience, You will need to update to the latest version after installation, Remember to unzip it!).
- Copy the *.ipk to your /tmp folder, and install using the menus on your box.

2. Restart your GUI, go to menu > TSPanel. Press `yellow` button to update to the latest version. (Restart your box).

3. Go to TSPanel > Addons > TunisaSat Dreambox Addons
- Navigate to `Plugins-EPG`
- Install Crossepg_0.6.2+git.......
- Reboot your box.

4. Go to `Menu` > CrossEPG.
- Configure the first menu (Hard drive, etc..., I forget exactly what else, figure it out, Set the `reboot after download` to `YES` [or whatever it says]).

5. After configuration, you will see a list of `providers`. Select OpenTV providers,
- Select Sky UK OpenTV (Astra on 28.2), hit `enable` (Green button), then `Download` (Yellow button).
- This will download the latest OpenTV data to your box hdd, or USB. (Depending on setup).

6. After a GUI reboot (GUI ONLY, a full reboot, requires you to download the EPG again). Your EPG should be up and running.

Oh No!.. I rebooted my box by accident!
Don't Panic or start crying, do this....!!
- Go to `Menu` > `Plugins` > `CrossEPG Downloader`.
- Wait a minute (DM 800 SE) or two (DM 800 HD), and... tada!l!.. :D

.. Now... Finally.. Go wrap me a joint... :D

smirnoff_rules
14th February, 2012, 07:13 PM
wot image u using ? cant u download extra plugins

Nav2010
14th February, 2012, 07:16 PM
thanks for the reply guys, iv ftp the ipk to my tmp folder but am usein openpli and cant figure out how to install it any ideas??

smirnoff_rules
14th February, 2012, 07:18 PM
dont use that but there must be a menu to download plugins ,, , press green button ,, and dont start any more threads m8 ,, its makes things hard

weedman
14th February, 2012, 07:20 PM
Found this on another forum, so i'll post it here:
(I dont use OpenPLI yet, so can't guarantee this will work with your version)

1. Main menu > Plugins
2. Green button to download plugins
3. Extensions
4. Find and install "Filebrowser"
After installation filebrowser will appear in your main menu.

Nav2010
14th February, 2012, 08:06 PM
edit - iv updated my box to dreamelite ssl84 got tspanel now, epg sorted

IAmATeaf
14th February, 2012, 10:43 PM
You want crossEPG & OpenTV. forgot this rytec boll*cks.

Why do say that? I have used OpenPLi images for ages and use the builtin xmltv rytec and have never had any problems.

lombard
14th February, 2012, 10:56 PM
Why do say that? I have used OpenPLi images for ages and use the builtin xmltv rytec and have never had any problems.

hi is that built in epg on openpli ? or using xmltv on cross epg ? so needing hdd or usb connected

weedman
14th February, 2012, 11:53 PM

I had rytec working, but It just wouldnt work each and every time, there was always some problem every other day or once a week. Sometimes it just wouldn't load, I dont know if it was my image (I tried a few), or the servers, I ended up reflashing my box tons of times thinking it would `solve` the issues, but it didnt.

But since I've been using OpenTV, everything works 100% of the time. No issues ever, it just works,

It came to a point where I wasn't sure if it was the box, the image, the server or my configuration.

I hear so much about this OpenPLI, I really need to get this flashed on my box (had so many problems with this!, tuner errors, and picture just not showing, crashing my box & even bricked my box [reflashed via recovery... phheww!]), but lately, I've been having some issues with NewNigma2, So maybe If I can get OpenPLI working on my clone, I could give it a better test.

But for me.. across Dreamelite, NewNigma2, Nemisis & Blackhole, OpenTV worked first time every time, Rytec was temperable with each image, Worked most the time, but the times when I actually needed it, it just wouldnt load.

Plus I've set up OpenTV on around 5 boxes, and they work flawlessly every single time, Never had to touch any settings or anything at all, it just works, But just found rytec was not as reliable 100% off the time.

I think I'm going to try and reflash OpenPLI on my SE tomorrow. Fingers crossed it works. Hopefully, It can show me what rytec xmltv really can do.

Question though:
Who is Rytec XMLTV maintained by?
If a channel changes it programme line up, how long until Rytec is updated?

piptaps
15th February, 2012, 08:11 PM
How to overcome crossepg issue of downloading EPG for half the channels?

I have never managed to download full epg for all channels

weedman
15th February, 2012, 09:07 PM
How to overcome crossepg issue of downloading EPG for half the channels?

I have never managed to download full epg for all channels

What provider are you using? OpenTV? Rytec?
I've never had downloaded just `half`an EPG, Sounds like a settings/software issue.

IAmATeaf
16th February, 2012, 03:45 PM
Question though:
Who is Rytec XMLTV maintained by?
If a channel changes it programme line up, how long until Rytec is updated?

Rytec has his own site and has a presence on the OpenPLi forums. What I normally do when frequencies change is to post in the OpenPLi forums and at worst a few days later the update trickles through.

j1mgg
16th February, 2012, 04:14 PM
Why do people still use rytec and not the one that comes through the dish?

GunnerE4
16th February, 2012, 08:34 PM
Could someone help me in resolving this error message
"crossEPG error: cannot opencrossepg database" and "Crossepg error:error opening EPGDB"

It comes up after I tried to download the crossepg

weedman
16th February, 2012, 08:44 PM
"crossEPG error: cannot opencrossepg database" and "Crossepg error:error opening EPGDB"

Hmmm.. Never seen that before, You said your getting this when downloading CrossEPG from TSPanel right?

So it never successfully downloaded and installed?

Sometimes this happens with TSPanel, maybe a problem with the server, Try again in a hour or so and let us know how you get on.

I have had similar errors through TSPanel, but they usually resolve themselves in due course.

weedman
16th February, 2012, 09:06 PM
Why do people still use rytec and not the one that comes through the dish?

I *think* that Rytec also provides data for other satellites on other bearings other then our Sky ones (28.2E, 13E & 19) I think.

So in other countries, this would be a valuable source (and maybe even here for foreigners who have Sky UK & also another countries channels [France, Germany etc], through a motorized dish or something).

Personally, I only watch Sky UK & Everything I watch works fine with OpenTV (through the dish), Its fast, easy and simple to setup, so perfect for my needs.

GunnerE4
16th February, 2012, 11:16 PM
Weed man, this is not from tspanel. This problem occurs from the crossepg downloader.

lincsat
16th February, 2012, 11:44 PM

Delete the contents of the CrossEPG folder on the HDD or USB and download again

GunnerE4
19th February, 2012, 02:46 PM
Delete the contents of the CrossEPG folder on the HDD or USB and download again

Lincast

Thanks, tried your suggestion and it did work.

Ta

Boxfresh
19th December, 2012, 11:55 PM
I just answered this here:.. http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f205/how-do-you-get-epg-dm800-253065/#post1452559
But for the sakes of SEO....

You want crossEPG & OpenTV. forgot this rytec boll*cks. (I had issues with this, others swear by it, try em both for yourself)

What is OpenTV?
OpenTV allows you to receive the EPG guide from your satellite, (Its the exact same data Sky use for their EPG, so you can be sure its 100% up to date, all the time). This is better, because it is always updated by sky (who better to provide the data?). And also you will never have any problems, I have been using this since I got my box, and it's never failed on me, and never will...! (Because then it will probably fail for all the sky customers as well!!).

How To install TSPanel & CrossEPG with OpenTV.
1. Install TSPanel on your image (I have attached it for your convenience, You will need to update to the latest version after installation, Remember to unzip it!).
- Copy the *.ipk to your /tmp folder, and install using the menus on your box.

2. Restart your GUI, go to menu > TSPanel. Press `yellow` button to update to the latest version. (Restart your box).

3. Go to TSPanel > Addons > TunisaSat Dreambox Addons
- Navigate to `Plugins-EPG`
- Install Crossepg_0.6.2+git.......
- Reboot your box.

4. Go to `Menu` > CrossEPG.
- Configure the first menu (Hard drive, etc..., I forget exactly what else, figure it out, Set the `reboot after download` to `YES` [or whatever it says]).

5. After configuration, you will see a list of `providers`. Select OpenTV providers,
- Select Sky UK OpenTV (Astra on 28.2), hit `enable` (Green button), then `Download` (Yellow button).
- This will download the latest OpenTV data to your box hdd, or USB. (Depending on setup).

6. After a GUI reboot (GUI ONLY, a full reboot, requires you to download the EPG again). Your EPG should be up and running.

Oh No!.. I rebooted my box by accident!
Don't Panic or start crying, do this....!!
- Go to `Menu` > `Plugins` > `CrossEPG Downloader`.
- Wait a minute (DM 800 SE) or two (DM 800 HD), and... tada!l!.. :D

.. Now... Finally.. Go wrap me a joint... :D

Had so much trouble with EPG's over the past few months. This is just what I needed. Thank you weedman! :proud:

ppua
25th December, 2012, 12:47 PM
Works great thanks to the poster

Johnneysul
1st March, 2013, 06:46 PM
Fantastic. I knew CrossEpg should be available somewhere in the menus. Simple and spot on