PDA

View Full Version : Torrents and Games... confusing to the newcomer.

wade93
15th February, 2012, 04:21 AM
my apologies if i am making this post in the wrong place. im in need of help and i figure i could contact the most knoledgeable people on the topic here.

I downloaded the torrents for games from various torrent sites. after downloading the games, i noticed that a few games have multiple so-called 'zip files', but when i try to open or extract them (winzip and 7zip!) there is always an error message. now i have no clue what to do with the ones that have zip files let alone how to run the games.:banghead:

there are a few more games which are in iso, iso archive, and mdf format. i tried mounting the iso's using daemon tools but even that didnt work...

i did go back to the comments section (on the torrent site) for each game, but there werent any instructions as to how to install/ play them. :egg:

id greatly appreciate any help on the topic, and i think others would benefit from that knowledge aswell as it isnt a particularly easy thing to understand... especially to someone thats new to to torrents:D

Cod3waX
15th February, 2012, 08:39 AM
ok for iso images u need this tool MagicDisc Virtual DVD / CD-ROM Download - Softpedia (http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/MagicDisc-Virtual-DVD-CD-ROM-Download-21457.html) choose the correct download to ur operting system

this program will act like u have burned the iso to a disc but u havent what u do is after u have installed this program right click the tray icon (disc n hand) and select virtual cd/dvd rom from the top select the drive and then click mount

in most download there will be instrustions on haow to install and crack patch

normally u see the installer in the first folder .exe and then there will be another folder zip or rar with the same .exe this is he crack/patch

after u install the game u must go to the game dirsectory and copy this patch/crack over the top of the installed .exe

example u just installed lemmings

the install directory should be c:\program files then the folder of the company who make the game and then u will see the install and thats what u copy the patch/crack over

in most cases after installing a game u crack / patch before u run it

wade93
15th February, 2012, 08:42 AM
thanks. i really appreciate the input man. ill give that a shot now.

dosent daemon tools do the same thing as that program ?

Haamida
15th February, 2012, 10:24 AM
thanks. i really appreciate the input man. ill give that a shot now.

dosent daemon tools do the same thing as that program ?

Let us know how you get on

Cod3waX
15th February, 2012, 11:47 AM
daemon tools will do the same as magic disc just i prefer magic disc and it has a couple extra iso format types that it can handle better

Chimaera
17th February, 2012, 05:27 PM
crackers all tend to recommend daemon tools

you will need probably winrar to unpack the archives