PDA

View Full Version : ford focus 2005 milage

frikki
15th February, 2012, 03:39 PM
good day friends. could some kind member please correct the milage to 105 000km please. read the eeprom on board with x prog m. have two reads. one selected eeprom and the other one selected flash. dont know which one is correct. original milage are around 200 011km. many thanks in advance members.

bkenigma
15th February, 2012, 03:47 PM
good day friends. could some kind member please correct the milage to 105 000km please. read the eeprom on board with x prog m. have two reads. one selected eeprom and the other one selected flash. dont know which one is correct. original milage are around 200 011km. many thanks in advance members.

What chip did you read, also is this Cmax or not. Please be more decriptive, it is 24c16, or MC9S12H256?

BKENIGMA

Here you go, 9s12

blackpirate
15th February, 2012, 03:55 PM
What chip did you read, also is this Cmax or not. Please be more decriptive, it is 24c16, or MC9S12H256?

BKENIGMA
its MC9S12H256

and are 212850

kevfield
15th February, 2012, 04:00 PM
your file eeprom

pinkfloyd5eg
15th February, 2012, 04:09 PM
YES, the first file for MC9S12H256 is correct and showing 212850 km on NYO4.

frikki
15th February, 2012, 05:31 PM

BKENIGMA

Here you go, 9s12

file is 9s12 dear friend. many thanks for speedy response. appreciate alot. will try your file. thanks.

frikki
15th February, 2012, 06:20 PM
i have tried loading the dump using eeprom, but hen i read it again it shows nothing except fffff all the way. i then tried loading the file as flash on x prog m. no luck , now i can even read or write at all. the following fault appears. bootloader initialising error. can't access BDM. chek BDM connections. all the connections seems fine. did i just ~~~c up the cluster or what. pleas assist. many thanks.

billykillkelly
15th February, 2012, 06:47 PM
x-prog fu(ks up 9s12 s use the upa((

frikki
15th February, 2012, 06:55 PM
x-prog fu(ks up 9s12 s use the upa((

what the ~~~c do i do now dear friend. is there any solution o this. many thanks.

diga1
15th February, 2012, 08:20 PM
next time use taho universal and 912 dongle and it will be ok

frikki
15th February, 2012, 08:26 PM
next time use taho universal and 912 dongle and it will be ok

is the 912 repairible dear friend. thanks.

digimile
15th February, 2012, 10:37 PM
hi
not repairable try another dash and put flash data which u read first and try writting using upa usb progammer or u can try luck on this mcu using upa programmer.
thankx

frikki
17th February, 2012, 02:13 PM
your file eeprom

friend my original flash read shows 2kb in size. your file you sent shows 4 kb in size. will that make a difference if try loading your modified dump. many thanks. keep well.

Zmann
17th February, 2012, 02:49 PM
Hi Frikki, just find you thread and read it now. eeprom dump from kevfield looks good to me. Don't be confused, if you read MCU Flash will get 2,048 kb not 2 kb. reading MCU eeprom will return 4 kb as the same size as of your 2nd dump and from kevfield.

Your km is in eeprom section but your problem now might be that you destroyed the Flash data in MCU already if you have back up it needs to write back, or make a comparision first.

guillermoc
17th February, 2012, 06:38 PM
Hello, you have the cable connection Gold-box for Ford Ranger South America do not serve me the images that bring the software, thank you very much.

frikki
17th February, 2012, 06:50 PM
anyone have idea why if i load the original file back, it loads but takes quite some time. when it gets to the point where the device says verify. its printing verify error. select all on x prog m. it verifies device, but still taking along time. after all this when reading flash again, all showing ffffffffffff. any idea why it does that members. many thanks in advance. keep well.

frikki
17th February, 2012, 06:51 PM
Hello, you have the cable connection Gold-box for Ford Ranger South America do not serve me the images that bring the software, thank you very much.

dont have it dear friend.

milesbetteroff
18th February, 2012, 01:14 AM
Hi mate erase flash in micro before trying to write it back as it can be protected this is the only sure way to write flash with success hope you saved it correct or it won't work when you write EPROM dose it read back ok ? Or is it all f,s as well? Let me know and I will send you a flash for dash if you need it cheers

frikki
18th February, 2012, 11:44 AM
Hi mate erase flash in micro before trying to write it back as it can be protected this is the only sure way to write flash with success hope you saved it correct or it won't work when you write EPROM dose it read back ok ? Or is it all f,s as well? Let me know and I will send you a flash for dash if you need it cheers

hi dear friend. x prog m does not give me the obtion under flash secured to erase this specific chip. i have managed to get hold of another dash. but this one is around 2007. it uses a mc9s12h128vpv. mask 1K78X. is it possible to write the info from the othe dash that i have saved to this dash. the original dash uses mc9s12h256. the centre display is also alittle bigger. pleas can some member give advice. keep well all.

milesbetteroff
18th February, 2012, 02:35 PM
Sorry mate that will not work complete different micro you need get the same dash then you can just write EPROM info into micro from original cheers

Zmann
18th February, 2012, 02:48 PM
Are you sure that the another dash found is with mc9s12h128vpv mask 1K78X which has the same maskset as yours, 9S12H256-1K78X. There might be some thing wrong reading with that dash whether at 9S12H128 or at 1K78X. The number '256' or '128' indicate the Flash size in the device, 256 Kbytes or 128 Kbytes respectively. If the reading 9S12H128 is correct so forget its dump, different Flash size!

Of quite several emailings seem you don't (try to) know where your problem is. The problem was started when you erased or put all FF in the Flash. When the data in address $0FBF0F becomes FF the MCU is totally locked!, see pic.

Manage to recover the Flash memory first, the eeprom part is smaller matter. My two simple questions may help you step further, if hearing no answer sorry, be afraid that having no more idea.

1. Are you now able to manage read/write the MCU readily? (you're 100% sure that it's not locked by $0FBF0F, read/write can be done in unsecured mode)

2. Do you still have a good Flash dump? was that one uploaded on the first post?

P.s. now your newly upgraded Xprog-m v5.0 will give you no more 104 chances of correct read/write so use it for this job wisely, if verifying process gets sick so no way to know the correctness, Flash file is so big, impossible to do multiple readings back for checksum compare! good luck

frikki
18th February, 2012, 04:28 PM
Are you sure that the another dash found is with mc9s12h128vpv mask 1K78X which has the same maskset as yours, 9S12H256-1K78X. There might be some thing wrong reading with that dash whether at 9S12H128 or at 1K78X. The number '256' or '128' indicate the Flash size in the device, 256 Kbytes or 128 Kbytes respectively. If the reading 9S12H128 is correct so forget its dump, different Flash size!

Of quite several emailings seem you don't (try to) know where your problem is. The problem was started when you erased or put all FF in the Flash. When the data in address $0FBF0F becomes FF the MCU is totally locked!, see pic.

Manage to recover the Flash memory first, the eeprom part is smaller matter. My two simple questions may help you step further, if hearing no answer sorry, be afraid that having no more idea.

1. Are you now able to manage read/write the MCU readily? (you're 100% sure that it's not locked by $0FBF0F, read/write can be done in unsecured mode)

2. Do you still have a good Flash dump? was that one uploaded on the first post?

P.s. now your newly upgraded Xprog-m v5.0 will give you no more 104 chances of correct read/write so use it for this job wisely, if verifying process gets sick so no way to know the correctness, Flash file is so big, impossible to do multiple readings back for checksum compare! good luck

i have managed to read the dump yesterday after litterely trying for almost 30 or more hours. evntually i could read the flash and reload the original one. but at adress 0f8000 to 0cbff0 it shows a whole lot of 00 00 00 00 00 00. i have tried then to reload the modified dump using another selection without the secured adapter. once again its ~~~ced. im trying to read again after one another to restore the original file but keep failing. i will keep trying. i have not yet read the second cluster. dont realy know theexact diagram. looks the same when reading the first one. the masks are exactly the same. i need to restore first the original dump before i can tell you if eeprom locked at given adress charl. many thanks. http://1.1.1.3/bmi/www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/hmmmm2.gif

frikki
18th February, 2012, 04:45 PM
i can not read write the first dash with 256 memory. the second dash i have not yet attempt to read. (not sure about the x prog m connections, if you could pleas confirm if the connection are the sam as 256 memory, i will appreciate.) i do still have the very first dumps that i have read in the beginning. one was eeprom and the other onewere flash. hope that answers your questions charl. many thanks.

Zmann
18th February, 2012, 04:45 PM
Don't know why it was reading very slowly as you said. Check the laid-down quartz for freq. if some thing about 2Mhz it can be slow reading but should not be at that slow.

Try with what ever way reading the current Flash dump and look at $0FBF0F

Zmann
18th February, 2012, 05:05 PM
'i can not read write the first dash with 256 memory'? Im not quite sure what you mean, please be more specific in term of Xprog menu description so I can follow what you have done. I thought that you've passed step of the correct connections, unsecured/secured. how come?

unsecured (normal)= connect the same as you successed at your first reading.

secured = unsecured connections plus the signal wire of the twisted wire to pin44, gnd wire to pin38. follow one of the three cases in my email.

frikki
18th February, 2012, 05:38 PM
'i can not read write the first dash with 256 memory'? Im not quite sure what you mean, please be more specific in term of Xprog menu description so I can follow what you have done. I thought that you've passed step of the correct connections, unsecured/secured. how come?

unsecured (normal)= connect the same as you successed at your first reading.

secured = unsecured connections plus the signal wire of the twisted wire to pin44, gnd wire to pin38. follow one of the three cases in my email.

what i mean is that the connections are still the same. but the first dash is not allowing me to read the flash. maybe its locked again. trying to read it, wth no luck. DO I USE THE SAME CONNECTIONS TO READ THE SECOND DASH WITH 128 MEMORY. thanks charl. hope you understand.

PremierD
18th February, 2012, 05:45 PM
Why the ~~~~ are you trying to read the Flash ? its all in the eeprom area .

frikki
18th February, 2012, 05:49 PM
Why the ~~~~ are you trying to read the Flash ? its all in the eeprom area .

im talking about reading the mc9s12h256.

PremierD
18th February, 2012, 05:51 PM
Yes mate .. you are .. now its a peice of cake to read .. four pads .. read eeprom .. edit.. programme eeprom ..

frikki
18th February, 2012, 05:58 PM
Yes mate .. you are .. now its a peice of cake to read .. four pads .. read eeprom .. edit.. programme eeprom ..

master i wish it was. i did not use the secured adapter when i tried writing the file that were modified. resulting in locking the eeprom. showing a whole lot of ~~~~en ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff. yesterday after almost 30 hours of trying to read this basterd, i could rewrite the original file back. it only wrote some of the data back. so obviously me trying to write again and again, it locked up again. but im still trying to read again. :hmmmm2:http://1.1.1.1/bmi/www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif

PremierD
18th February, 2012, 06:01 PM
Question .. Does the Car start with the dash removed ?

frikki
18th February, 2012, 06:24 PM
Question .. Does the Car start with the dash removed ?

no my master. the immo data is located in the dash. vehicle not even crancking.