PDA

View Full Version : Upload and download CDF files

victor_ray
13th January, 2009, 11:37 PM
Just a quick question, when you upload a cdf file to save it and then download it to say a new eurovox, do all the channels automitically appear or does it just save the transponders and you then do a manual scan?

any help would be greatly appreciated. My question is related to a Eurovox EX5000 PVR

Thanks.

HiTeck
13th January, 2009, 11:59 PM
Once download back to your box all your channels appear as if you had already power scanned them in, so no manual scan needed, all the channels will work as soon as you plug it back up to the TV. (providing it's the correct CDF)

victor_ray
14th January, 2009, 12:09 AM
Thanks HiTeck

One again you have answered my question within 5 minutes, thank you.

I am copying the CDf file from my box downstairs to another box for my bedroom. Can I just confirm that I use the normal flashing software and press the upload button and the cdf file will be copied to the destination that I choose.

I then plug in the new box, connect it up, turn it on and find the file using the same flashing software and press the small download file.

Thanks once again.

HiTeck
14th January, 2009, 12:18 AM
That is correct victor_ray.

Just to mention the box upstairs has to be a eurovox for the CDF to work, you cant use other receiver CDFs such as starview etc.

victor_ray
14th January, 2009, 12:22 AM
Thanks

Will let you know if I have any problems.

BTW good result on Sunday, it's going to be great watcing the demise of Chelski