PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered a vu+ duo with 2TB HDD fitted, need some advice plz

tmontana
16th February, 2012, 05:09 PM
Hey Guys,

I just ordered a VU+ duo with a 2TB HDD fitted and have been reading the forum the last few days and have some questions.

1) Do I have to update the bootloader or kernel before i put my image on it (I want to use vix 2.3)? If so how to I do this? (the box comes preloaded with blackhole image)

2) I downloaded SGTflipfolps latest picons and bouquets, how do I install these on the box?

3) I see there are 2 ways to get full 7 day EPG, rytec and crossEPG.....which is the better of the 2?

4) Where can i find the Vix 2.3 image? i checked the download section but all the download links are megaupload links, and megaupload is no more so cant use them links.

5) Besides the image, the picons and bouquets are there any other files i need to upload to the box to get the most out of it?

6) Is cccam or mgcamd already installed in the vix image?

I have some experiences flashing dreamboxes but am totally new to VU so sorry for all the questions :)

Any replies much appreciated

Thanks guys

alan

jmjc0112
16th February, 2012, 05:56 PM
1) yes by usb
2) use dreamboxedit
3) personal preference
4) do a google search for wos home to the vix team lots of info there.
5)Tspanel for cccams/plugins ect
6)No but once tspanel is installed you can get them from there.

lincsat
16th February, 2012, 06:02 PM
If the box has the latest Blackhole image then it will have the bootloader update already.

Why not give Blackhole a try before you load Vix, you may prefer it :)

I believe you can load the SgtFlipflop direct from the TSPanel.

I prefer CrossEPG using data from the OpenTV stream, I find the descriptions are more complete than with Rytec.

dell_xps
16th February, 2012, 06:10 PM
Have you bought a genuine box ? who from ?

tmontana
16th February, 2012, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.... Keep em coming :)

I bought my box from satboxes.com, a very reliable Irish supplier, it's an original box

Is there a way that I can check the kernel/boot loader version?

Hope this box is easy enough to setup

digicon
16th February, 2012, 08:52 PM
If the box has Blackhole setup up already the n easier way to tell if its running the latest Kernel is by the image if its Blackhole 1.7.0 or later its running 3.1.1 so no need for the upgrade.

Also most of the items you require can be downloaded direct from the Blackhole servers , Channel Lists, Picons etc...

The only thing that is missing is the softcams like every other image these days, easily obtainable anyway.

billyboy2011
16th February, 2012, 09:19 PM
reliable irish provider......mmmmmmmmm

tmontana
16th February, 2012, 09:34 PM
Yes mate, reliable Irish provider, have bought at least 20 boxes off him in the past, great prices, next day delivery and very helpful on the phone

cactikid
16th February, 2012, 10:38 PM
there is also a dublin supplier for originals vu.

tmontana
17th February, 2012, 08:18 AM
The box I ordered is original