PDA

View Full Version : vu+ duo clone

sproson
16th February, 2012, 06:47 PM
hello dk

i was just thinking getting a vu+duo clone but how do i flash the box i dont know how to flash which images best for use how can i install cccams

can anybody help me with plz

sorry i am new to all this box as i have a dm500 clone

thanks for help

joetwizzy
16th February, 2012, 07:19 PM
Just buy one then read the guides, soon as you have one the guides make a lot more sense. Trust me, its relatively simple.

sproson
16th February, 2012, 07:24 PM
Just buy one then read the guides, soon as you have one the guides make a lot more sense. Trust me, its relatively simple.

are the guides on this site mate as i could not find them

joetwizzy
16th February, 2012, 07:28 PM

Plenty of chat and guides on the vu duo part of the forums

VU+ Duo Chat (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f193/)

joetwizzy
16th February, 2012, 07:33 PM

Plenty of chat and guides on the vu duo part of the forums

VU+ Duo Chat (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f193/)

flyingpig
16th February, 2012, 08:42 PM
As said earlier and I cannot stress how different it is when you have the guide in front of you with the receiver... Throw in the help of the people on this site, a touch of common sense, a bit of trial and error then you are home and dry!!

digicon
16th February, 2012, 08:47 PM
hello dk

i was just thinking getting a vu+duo clone but how do i flash the box i dont know how to flash which images best for use how can i install cccams

can anybody help me with plz

sorry i am new to all this box as i have a dm500 clone

thanks for help

When you get your Duo it will be running stock firmware, you have a choice if you want to use any image from before Dec 2011 the all you need to do is flash the Duo CFE 3.0 file so you can use those images easily done via USB.

if you want to run the latest images the i started a thread with the all the files required HERE (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f193/vu-duo-clone-3-1-1-kernel-update-255713/) this will need doing with the supplied Null modem lead and IC board that comes in the box takes all of 30secs, Just make sure you have a PC/laptop with com port.

if you get stuck your in the right place

cactikid
16th February, 2012, 10:51 PM
and always state if box is an original or clone as it will make life easier.

josman2003
23rd February, 2012, 10:50 PM
Hi all just need some advice, i have a new vu+ duo clone and i can't get it to start. I follow all instructions and just get a red led on the front. Tried seeing if i can do anything with flashing via usb and still nothing. My laptop unfortunately does not have the correct connections so i haven't tried the serial port. Is there anything else that i can try to get this moving.

Thanks

dell_xps
23rd February, 2012, 11:38 PM
What version of Vix firmware are you trying to install ?
Also do you have a hard drive connected to it ?, if so disconnect and then power it up see how that goes.

digicon
24th February, 2012, 02:01 AM
I assume all clones are loaded with the stock VU firmware mine was, so the first thing you do as soon as you unboxed it should have been plug it in and turn it on to make sure it boots with stock image.

If thats fine then grab one of the pre dec 2011 images from the website thats printed on the sticker on the top left hand side of the box, download unzip straight to USB, Switch off duo on rear insert USB with new image files and turn duo on from rear. The loading of the image is automatic.

If that still fails then get hold of the duo_cfe_3_0_usb file and flash this first, same way as an image then flash your image.