PDA

View Full Version : Help with MPPS Full Read

columbo25
16th February, 2012, 11:03 PM
Hi at all,

i have a problem with my new MPPS Clone V12 . I bought me this tool because i want to read the full file of Opel EDC16C39 but it doesn?t work ! The file size is always 2MB but actually the last 256 bytes are the right data the rest always FF

What?s wrong with this tool ? I can set the option to read full file in k-line but it?s always reading in can-bus partitial.

Does this tool read really some ecu?s in full file size or is it only written shit in the description ?

Has someone ever had success with reading full-file with this tool, so please tell me for wich car this option work !

Thanks for your help

columbo25

P.S. Exist a tool to read the full file without opening the ecu for using bdm ?

mislav88
16th February, 2012, 11:16 PM
no full read on EDC16 with MPPS, use Kess or Magpro2, or just BDM it

carmansk
16th February, 2012, 11:31 PM
Hi at all,

i have a problem with my new MPPS Clone V12 . I bought me this tool because i want to read the full file of Opel EDC16C39 but it doesn?t work ! The file size is always 2MB but actually the last 256 bytes are the right data the rest always FF

What?s wrong with this tool ? I can set the option to read full file in k-line but it?s always reading in can-bus partitial.

Does this tool read really some ecu?s in full file size or is it only written shit in the description ?

Has someone ever had success with reading full-file with this tool, so please tell me for wich car this option work !

Thanks for your help

columbo25

best solution is to use BDM

luisblas
18th February, 2012, 07:17 AM
hello excuse my English friend, I have read-captiva-o-antara-cruze-retention test without problems should be over 12vdc, ask any questions

gennius
18th February, 2012, 09:35 AM
Hello luisblas you have read Opel Antara?Engine type?Do you get full read file from Antara?Can you tell me do you have read Opel EDC 16 C9.
Best Regards

J_amb_o
18th February, 2012, 03:22 PM
MPPS doesn't full read at all. It doesn't need to. Just reads map data. Edit, flash back, no problem. Obviously for backup, BDM.

rsibiza
19th February, 2012, 12:14 PM
Hi at all,

Thanks for your help

columbo25

In upper corner from MPPS is wronte full flash only on K-Line..so there isnt wrote any shit.

Best regards.

columbo25
21st February, 2012, 11:17 PM
Thanks @ all for your answers about my question !

@rsibiza
yes i know in the upper corner there is a switch where i can set the option to make a full read in k-line, but no ecu?s i tried to read were full read.

The last ecu i tried was a saab z19dtr with switched to make a full read, but i didn?t get a full read.

So i think it is not possible to read Opel complete with MPPS.

But also, thanks for your advice!

regards
columbo25

(http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/90974-rsibiza/)

donesko
22nd February, 2012, 08:22 PM
so when I write can I write full 2mb file from bdm with mpps, I guess it will just skip first 1mb and write "data area" only?

ross79ta
22nd February, 2012, 08:58 PM
if you write a bdm readed file with mpps, it writes only data area.

columbo25
25th February, 2012, 08:53 PM
So i was just thinking a lot about this topic and a came to the point, what helps if mpps could read the full file , because mpps can not write a full file !!

So thanks to all , and this thread is closed

columbo25

ross79ta
26th February, 2012, 02:42 AM
mpps doesn't read full file. It reads a (for example) 2mb file, but the start zone and the end zone are not readed. In-fact. if you look the file in 2d, you can see a line at maximum value in that zones.