PDA

View Full Version : Stream to android tablet from DM800HDSE

new2dk
17th February, 2012, 01:58 PM
Hi, I've just got my new DM800HDSE working thanks to you guys on the forum already!!

Now am trying to see if I can set up streaming to my android device.

My current setup is I'm running my box with the image supplied by alom5 (working a treat btw!) and have installed Dreamdroid and vPlayer on my android 2.3.4 tablet. Dreamdroid is configured and working fine, ie can change channels, virtual remote etc, only thing cant do is stream. So I downloaded vPlayer and looks as though vPlayer receives the stream file (appears in its strems list) but when i click it it says cant open file. I've fiddled around with buffer settings on vPlayer but thats about it!.

Has anyone any tips for getting stream to android working using these apps or recommend any other apps for virtual reomote/streaming that I could follow a setup on?

Cheers...

Shady
17th February, 2012, 02:00 PM
try androiddreamer and bsplayer
because dreamdroid isnt a dm streamer, its a virtual remote control

Rodbouy
17th February, 2012, 02:01 PM
Try downloading daroon player.

I used that for my desire HTC Desire S and works fine.

In settings only fill out the remote IP no need for the IP in the streaming IP box, leave that blank.

Also open up port 80 on the router for that box IP, remember and activate HTTP authentication then add user pass to the dreamdroid settings.

Simba92
17th February, 2012, 04:33 PM
DreamDroid Works fine streaming.

Try Daroon Player as mentioned above. :)

new2dk
17th February, 2012, 05:27 PM
DreamDroid Works fine streaming.

Try Daroon Player as mentioned above. :)

I thought the feature List of Dreamdroid said it could stream and recommended vPlayer, which is why I went down that route initially.

Ive downloaded BSPlayer OK, but for some reason cant download daroon player or androiddreamer - dont know if its because my android is a tablet (Scroll excel) not a android phone (no SIM).

Anyway I just tried dreamdroid again and select to play stream using bsplayer instead. I sort of works, in that it sometimes starts to play the stream albeit VERY juddery pic and intermittent sound and then it closes and goes back to dreamdroid. wonder is there any settings I need to configure like socket timouts or buffers etc that might help?

new2dk
17th February, 2012, 07:20 PM
Try putting a custom rom on your tablet and get the proper market so you can download bsplayer or daroon.

Other option is to look for .apk file of these player and to try it upload then to tablet that way.

JoK

Managed to get Daroon installed - so Ive now tried VPlayer, BSPlayer and Daroon. All work intermittently - worst is vPlayer in that it usually drops straight away, both the other two are simialr in that it will play for anywhere from 5 - 30 secs before dropping, sometimes very juddery other times fine. Is there settings on Dreambox I should be looking at as theres not much config options on the players or Dreamdroid. Frustrating as once by chance it did play a strem perfect (Daroon) and I cancelled it after a couple minutes play to see if I done anything difference, which I hadn't, and when tried to stream again it was same old problem.

Shady
17th February, 2012, 07:59 PM
yeah i was wrong.. was thinking of controloid lol.. but the fact remains that androiddreamer is the best for streaming

Shady
17th February, 2012, 07:59 PM
also try accessing from webbrowser to stream

Simba92
17th February, 2012, 08:10 PM
are you trying to stream HD ?? Because i dont think you can stream HD.
And Is your wifi connection to your tablet a solid connection ?, as ill get stuttering and stopping on my phone if my signal is poor...thats all i can think of :|

alom5
17th February, 2012, 11:34 PM
i can tell you that the streaming option won't work on this image mate...as enigma version is < 1.6.5...that's what it says on the dreamdroid.

if you wan't to stream....just enter the box ip in your browser...when you get the dreambox webcontrol page come up....just click on stream.....as long as you got vlc (what i use) it will stream no probs.