PDA

View Full Version : Peugeot 206 - Miles to Kilometres

pirilla
17th February, 2012, 06:08 PM
Hello,

A friend of mine bought P206 in UK and brought to Spain. We reconfigure Multifunction LCD with PP2000 to display metric units (km and litres) and language to display messages in Spanish, but dash is still displaying and counting miles.
?Is is possible to change it?

I know that other dashes (i.e. Renault Scenic) can be configured modifying eeprom dump.

Thank you in advance.

tinerfe30
18th February, 2012, 01:15 AM
Hello
The Citroen c2 and c3, you can change the mileage or km using the button in the dash. Is possible that in this car you can make the same.
Good luck.

pirilla
18th February, 2012, 10:49 AM
Thank you mate, I didn't know that. It is very interesting.
?How can it be made??Holding a time and release or simply pushing?

I forgot to say it is Jaeger dash, and it is 206 multiplexed (mileage is in dash + bsi)

18th February, 2012, 09:14 PM
Thank you mate, I didn't know that. It is very interesting.
?How can it be made??Holding a time and release or simply pushing?

I forgot to say it is Jaeger dash, and it is 206 multiplexed (mileage is in dash + bsi)
You won't be able to do it by pressing any buttons, that option is on newer peugeot's. You will need to edit dump

pirilla
18th February, 2012, 10:15 PM
Editing only dash's dump or dash+bsi?

pirilla
12th March, 2012, 09:28 AM
Hello again,

I have change dash's dump with an Spanish one, and it is still counting miles. So I think BSI must be changed to calculate km instead of miles.
Does anyone know if this is possible to do?

Thanks in advance.

nckryder
14th March, 2012, 01:11 PM
What year is the car ?

pirilla
14th March, 2012, 03:32 PM
Peugeot 206 GTI180 (or "RC" in Spain) year 2004

nckryder
19th March, 2012, 10:56 AM
On this model it is on the Hc05 micro you can try programming the eprom data from a KMH same model car which should work

pirilla
19th March, 2012, 11:12 AM
In this dash, mileage is stored in 95020 EPROM.
Do you mean there is a HC05 where other configuration data is stored?

nckryder
19th March, 2012, 11:34 AM
In this dash, mileage is stored in 95020 EPROM.
Do you mean there is a HC05 where other configuration data is stored?

Try the attached file which is all I have for this model.

Have you also tried to change the Units in the onboard settings menu?

pirilla
19th March, 2012, 11:41 AM
I have tried changing dash's dump from another Spanish car yet (same model, 206RC), but dash is still counting miles.
In this model, to change mileage is needed to change dash+bsi, this is why I supose I need to change something in bsi to have success.

nckryder
19th March, 2012, 11:46 AM
It is not stored in the BCU it is the dash only. You only need to program the BCU as well if changing the KM's. Try to disconnect the battery before refitting the dash as the default in this car is Km's

pirilla
19th March, 2012, 11:52 AM
Try the attached file which is all I have for this model.

Have you also tried to change the Units in the onboard settings menu?

I forgot to say that I have changed units in the onboard settings, multifunction display shows km and litres, instead of miles and gallons (as in original configuration).

If information about counting miles or km is in dash, I don't understand why it is still counting miles after changing 95020 dump for spanish dump....

pirilla
22nd March, 2012, 08:06 AM
I was taking a look at the files (uk original and spanish I wrote) and I realized that although they have mileage in same positions, structure of dumps is totally different, so I supose I need a file with same structure but in KM.

Here is original dump from cluster:

Download P206RC.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way (http://www.sendspace.com/file/j9gh45)

Does anyone have same structure dump with KM for this car???

Thank you in advance.

khalilo814
22nd March, 2012, 11:46 AM
I was taking a look at the files (uk original and spanish I wrote) and I realized that although they have mileage in same positions, structure of dumps is totally different, so I supose I need a file with same structure but in KM.

Here is original dump from cluster:

Download P206RC.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way (http://www.sendspace.com/file/j9gh45)

Does anyone have same structure dump with KM for this car???

Thank you in advance.

hi freind if you want here is file for DASH with KM and Virgin BSI file , programme the dash with dash dump and bsi with virgin telecode it again and it okey

here you are file uploaded here :

http://www.2shared.com/file/kSAhTjiB/booth_file.html

pirilla
22nd March, 2012, 11:51 AM
Thank you mate, but attachment is not working in DK this morning.
Maybe you can upload files to a server or send it to me by mailm (I can give you by PM).

pirilla
24th March, 2012, 04:38 PM
hi freind if you want here is file for DASH with KM and Virgin BSI file , programme the dash with dash dump and bsi with virgin telecode it again and it okey

here you are file uploaded here :

http://www.2shared.com/file/kSAhTjiB/booth_file.html

Thank you, BSI virgin file worked perfect. But I have still a problem with dash: with your dump it shows KM (as I want), but clocks don't work and it goes crazy. With PP2000 I could see that your file is from diesel 206, so I think this is the problem.

Peugeot 206 RC (or GTI180) has a special dash, is different from 206 2.0 16V or 1.6 16V, so I think I need exactly a file from a 206 RC (GTI180) with KM.

Does anyone have this dump???