PDA

View Full Version : Vu duo signal improvement

pspmixer
19th February, 2012, 12:15 AM
My vu+ duo is connect to a sky dish which is located at the front of the house with box in room next to it (cable not very long) the box is currently only getting 63% signal is there any way I can improve the signal

Shady
19th February, 2012, 12:17 AM
could try an inline sloping amp

pspmixer
19th February, 2012, 12:55 AM
could try an inline sloping amp

Can you link me one please as I don't which one to get there are do many with different dbs

digicon
21st February, 2012, 11:19 AM
63% on which Transponder or channel, Inline amps where only ever used for some of the poor quality Dreambox clones which had an inadequate power supply.

The power supply on the Clone Vu+ Duo does not suffer these problems and all you will do by adding an inline amp is exaggerating any problems that may already be there in the signal.

D1GG3R
21st February, 2012, 11:25 AM
I was told by a sat installer that the cable should be a minimum length... Im in the same situation, dish on the outside wall of my room. Ive got about 10m of cable in a coil behind my TV that the installer left... Not sure how true this is?

could you signal be too strong??

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

digicon
21st February, 2012, 11:35 AM
I was told by a sat installer that the cable should be a minimum length... Im in the same situation, dish on the outside wall of my room. Ive got about 10m of cable in a coil behind my TV that the installer left... Not sure how true this is?

could you signal be too strong??

It is advisable to try and keep any install to a maximum of around 30m on an install dependant on cable type, if your system has the cheap RG6 cable then any long runs will suffer if its a CAI,RDI approved type like WF100 or TX100 etc.. then over 30m will still be fine due to the grade of copper used, RG6 is mainly aluminium copper coated which is ok for under 30m or aerial installs.

personally i use either WF100 or TX100 on all installs it does not matter what the cable lengh is.

Short runs are better and no you cant have too much signal strengh.

D1GG3R
21st February, 2012, 11:37 AM
Well that clears that up..
Cheers digi ;)

cactikid
21st February, 2012, 11:07 PM
silly question but is dish off slightly?

RuberDuck
21st February, 2012, 11:58 PM
as already pointed out ideally you want to keep cable runs under 30 meters but it's not always the case.

for example on my house i have 3 dishes.

dish 1. fixed on 28.2 east
zone 2 sky dish with a quad lnd. two feeds running to the living room with cable runs around 20 meters.
another 2 feeds running to my room with cable runs easily 50 meters in length.

dish 2.
80 cm motorized dish with a inverto black ultra twin lnb. only one feed used but thats about 45 meters in length again to my room.

dish 3. fixed on 28.2 east
another zone 2 sky dish this time with a octo lnb.
6 feeds going to my room with cable runs 40 meters in length.
1 feed to a back bedroom with a cable run under 10 meters and the last feed going to a downstairs room with a run over 60 meters.

all of these dishes have fantastic signal strengths and i get no jitters or break up at all unless i have hurricane ball bag over my house.

if any thing i would agree with cactikid and speculate that your dish may be miss aligned very slightly.