PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Duo Clone Running Warm

claritas
19th February, 2012, 01:21 AM
I have had my VU+ Duo clone running for a few days now but when reaching in over the top, it appears to be a little warm at the back left. The fan is running but I am afraid it may be a little too warm.

Anyone have any input?

mtv1
19th February, 2012, 01:26 AM
its the tuner mate seldom causes problems if its excessive heat add a cheap usb fan but by and large not a problem ;) and welcome to DK :)

digicon
19th February, 2012, 02:56 AM
The back left from the front of the box is the power supply which has the fan located directly behind it, if you fan is running depending on image i know that even in standby the fan should still run and keep the PSU cool.

if your really worried then why not overnight when its not in use put it into deep standby. That will keep it cold but it just take a little longer to boot at startup.

cactikid
19th February, 2012, 01:01 PM
i think we can all say sat boxes are warm,curious if there is somewhere that you can see the temp,think at one time i could see it on the dm.?

freck
19th February, 2012, 01:06 PM
You can see the temp on Dream Elite BH for the DM800...same features in the VU+ image id say.Access it tru one of the coloured button......cant think exactly of the top o me head.
Freck

cactikid
19th February, 2012, 01:14 PM
so it may be image dependent?

dell_xps
19th February, 2012, 01:36 PM
Set my box to go into deep stanby at 2am now.

cactikid
19th February, 2012, 01:57 PM
good sedatives dell,lol

claritas
20th February, 2012, 10:34 AM
Thanks guys, thought it was probably norm but just wanted to check. I can check the temp in BH blue, yellow buttons and its just OK at 47C. I have changed the fan standby settings so that it runs for a while when put into standby.

genuine1
22nd February, 2012, 06:31 PM
The back left from the front of the box is the power supply which has the fan located directly behind it, if you fan is running depending on image i know that even in standby the fan should still run and keep the PSU cool.

if your really worried then why not overnight when its not in use put it into deep standby. That will keep it cold but it just take a little longer to boot at startup.

i turn mine off every night along with tv and dvd.
is it better to put into deep standby then or does it not matter?

digicon
22nd February, 2012, 07:14 PM
i turn mine off every night along with tv and dvd.
is it better to put into deep standby then or does it not matter?

Deep standby is almost the same as switching it off from the back or unplugging it, Only difference is it will boot from the remote instead of having to switch on again from the plug.

genuine1
25th February, 2012, 12:38 AM
thanks will do that from now on then.

cactikid
25th February, 2012, 04:14 PM
but does it not take longer to start up from powering off,it may be worth doing a stop watch test to see the time taken for all.