PDA

View Full Version : Adobe flash player on ipad2

partyzone
19th February, 2012, 01:00 PM
Some sites I visit on iPad won't play certain images and asks for flash player but adobe says they don't do version for iPad, is their a way round this?
Thx

dell_xps
19th February, 2012, 06:40 PM
There is a browser you get from the app store m8, dont have my ipad to hand just now, google it, free download.

Shady
19th February, 2012, 06:41 PM
sell it, buy an android, cheaper, faster, AND has flash...

PowerWrangler
19th February, 2012, 09:06 PM
I read a few months ago Adobe is coming out with an iPad/iPhone-friendly version of their flash programming tools. But this means websites will have to create their Flash files in this new program.

griff
19th February, 2012, 10:38 PM
Think it's call Skyfire and u can see flash. Like they say there's a app for that ha

garry1312
20th February, 2012, 05:01 PM
Used Skyfire on android and have to say theres better browsers out there.

I'm with shady sell it and get a Android tablet.

dell_xps
20th February, 2012, 05:33 PM
Ipad rocks, just out of interest do either of you own an Ipad Shademeister & Gary ?

Shady
20th February, 2012, 05:37 PM
do i own an overpriced tablet? no mate, have used one tho, much rather spend my money on a larger choice of tablets, with better spec, for less money ;)

garry1312
21st February, 2012, 04:18 PM
With Shady once again why on earth would I want a IPad when I can have a android which is much more open source, apps that IPad could not even touch such as free music downloads, torrents etc and also a tablet that has a much higher spec than the IPad and lets face it the Ipad is overpriced there is no doubt about that.

Owned a IPhone and now I am android its much more superior. Also I dropped my overpriced Iphone in the toilet dived right in after it (lol) was in there for like a second it was properly ~~~~ed. About a fortnight ago I just got out the bath was at the sink shaving my Samsung Galaxy S2 fell off the window landed in the bath with a load thud slid under the water from one end of the bath to the other, this was in the water longer than the IPhone, guess what it survived it and still works perfectly. Apple products are overpriced and do not meet the spec requirements of modern day technology.

Also I think if you want something thats simple then go for a apple product but if you really like something a bit more technical and a learning curve then you simply wont get that from Apple.

alom5
22nd February, 2012, 02:13 PM
one of the rare occasions i will have to disagree with you garry. i have been on android for a while now with my galaxy and on windows before that with my experia. (never been a fan of apple cos of the closed enviroment)

but i bought the mrs an ipad 2 for her birthday and i have to say it is a great device. The best thing was jailbreaking it with one click....just like rooting an android device.

everything is FREEEE ( you know i like that lol)

it can also connect up to my laptop and use the icloud for storing/transferring/accessing docs......i'll be getting the new one (when it comes out ) for work.

i agree the android tablets have far superior specs at present as there are so many manufacturers, but it just aint the same

if you want a tablet = has to be ipad

i also got a slingbox now and works great on the ipad......can't be arsed to pay ?20 to get it on android :) :devil:

bjellys
24th February, 2012, 11:18 AM
Another vote for Ipad2.
I have an Samsung Galaxys2 / kindle fire/ superpad111 ( all android )based I also have an I pad and the Ipad2 is just the best .You can now jailbreak the I pad if you want I haven't bothered as the app prices are ok for the I pad ( first apps I have purchased for years )

cwashpt
24th February, 2012, 10:12 PM
With everyone fussing over their own "standard" for video on the web, HTML5 still seems like the better alternative. But have at Flash with your Android Tablet.....that's why they make them ;-)

konatist
1st March, 2012, 04:36 PM
Im with apple think this article says it all

http://thingsappleisworthmorethan.tumblr.com/

garry1312
1st March, 2012, 05:04 PM
Sorry guys you are just not going to win me round to a apple product.

Im with apple think this article says it all

Things Apple is Worth More Than (http://thingsappleisworthmorethan.tumblr.com/)

This article only says what I already know many people think they are a sheep do what other sheep does.

Another reason I dont want a Apple product I can get something with a better spec, better possibilities and it does not look like everyone elses tablet/ mobile phone.

I am not completely anti Apple I love my Ipod classic (not a fan of the Ipod touch) I think it is well built had it for 7 years or so now, it has survived been left out in the rain over night, loads of falls, i love the wheel, overall excellent build quality.

I also owned a Iphone.... never again the build quality in my opinion is very poor and I just see the IPad as a oversized Iphone.

The reason I am a android fan is because I believe the OS is better (it is for me anyway I can get more out of it than a Apple OS), I can get a better spec of device with android, I can get more than one design (Apples design for Iphone and IPad are crap lets face it its a extremely boring looking design) and more than one manufacture. I can get apps that would not be allowed on the Iphone/ Ipad on a android device such as free music download apps, torrent apps and the list goes on (basically apps for gaining stuff free :) lol) I dont even need to jail break the device to be able to do this and that or get this and that.

I dont really think when it comes to the IPhone and IPad that we are going to see many more spectacular things from them lets face it all the IPhones have been practically the same in design and OS same with the Pads but I am constantly seen changes with android.

Android is going places in my opinion Apple are just offering the same thing over and over again in another shell with another overpriced price tag on it.

Sorry I cant be won round on this one lol but each to there own.

v2kdj
12th June, 2012, 09:56 AM
JB + Puffin web browser = Flash on idevices .....simples!!!!:hello:

derm58
12th June, 2012, 11:55 AM
JB + Puffin web browser = Flash on idevices .....simples!!!!:hello:

Hi,
I'm new to whole ipad / Apple thing so could you please elaborate on your comments above. It couldn't be as simple as that ?

johnboy1974
13th June, 2012, 11:51 AM
Hi,
I'm new to whole ipad / Apple thing so could you please elaborate on your comments above. It couldn't be as simple as that ?

jb= jailbreak this is what you need to do, search through the threads to find out how to do this. Once device is jailbroken search through Cydia(which will be installed after jb) for puffin web browser. You tube offers good jb tutorials for iPad.

bigbaw
9th September, 2012, 09:50 AM
iswifter lets you watch flash streaming on ipad 2 but cost me ?2.99 worth it for the football streaming

johnboy1974
10th September, 2012, 07:44 AM
iswifter lets you watch flash streaming on ipad 2 but cost me ?2.99 worth it for the football streaming

Mate I've downloaded the app how do you get the footy streams?.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD