PDA

View Full Version : VU+ UNO / DUO CLONE QUESTIONS & ANSWERS ONLY.

dell_xps
19th February, 2012, 11:42 PM
Only for Vu+ Uno / Duo clones & Solo's, all original receivers please use other threads.

den169
22nd February, 2012, 02:50 PM
What about solo's.

digicon
22nd February, 2012, 03:57 PM
What about solo's.

I cant see why not seeing as the Uno Clone has yet to surface and an Ultimo clone is in the works also.

dell_xps
22nd February, 2012, 09:51 PM
Updated guys !

den169
1st March, 2012, 07:13 PM
Backed up the vu+ solo VIX 2.3 with VUCC then rearranged my local channels on SGT flipflops epg with dreamboxedit, All ok but now when i try to use VUCC or dreamboxedit they just don't respond they can't seem to connect to the box now no big deal till the next time i want to update all the channels as everything is working as it should at the moment.Also tried an older pc with windows xp on still the same anyone got any ideas how to sort this last time it did this i finished up reinstalling vix 2.3 and everything else this is a clone.
Cheers

dell_xps
1st March, 2012, 08:01 PM
Does the clone not show up in your network m8 ?
Original shows up I can transfer files etc etc, and if I use the web browser I can stream TV etc

mdt
1st March, 2012, 08:42 PM
ive just took delivery today of a solo clone and im looking to use a usb/wi-fi stick to connect to my network... can anyone recommend a reliable cheap one? i have a spare set of homeplugs but i was looking to give wi-fi a go if possible. regards mdt

dell_xps
1st March, 2012, 08:49 PM
Vonnets wifi bridge works m8, ?20 on Ebay, probably best to use a power supply with it though.

den169
1st March, 2012, 08:55 PM
Does the clone not show up in your network m8 ?
Original shows up I can transfer files etc etc, and if I use the web browser I can stream TV etc

It did till i tried to change some channels in dreamboxedit a second time now it doesn't can't get it through a web page iether.Must be something in the box.

dell_xps
1st March, 2012, 08:58 PM
Has it changed ip address m8, go into network settings and check what ip address it's using, also check it's using port 0080 for yer web tv :-)

mdt
1st March, 2012, 08:59 PM
Vonnets wifi bridge works m8, ?20 on Ebay, probably best to use a power supply with it though.

i have 2 of those but i thought they were for use with a dm. so if i use a vonets wi-fi bridge and power it with a dm800/dm500 psu then it should be ok? regards mdt

den169
1st March, 2012, 09:05 PM
Has it changed ip address m8, go into network settings and check what ip address it's using, also check it's using port 0080 for yer web tv :-)
Thats the problem Dell thanks for that.I am a newbie at this.

dell_xps
1st March, 2012, 09:07 PM
I used it on my Duo for a few days MDT, but prefer the home plugs TBH, as long as it's get power from another source should be ok ?, I wouldn't just plug it into a usb socket m8, better to have an external supply going to it.

dell_xps
1st March, 2012, 09:08 PM
Thats the problem Dell thanks for that.I am a newbie at this.

I'm still a newbie to m8, you can only learn something if someone informs you how it works etc, simples :-)

mickmc68
9th March, 2012, 04:52 PM
Hi all is there any other way to flash the kernal on a duo clone without using the 232 board and null lead ? as ive used various leads , comps running xp and win7 and i still cant get the file to flash

Mick

digicon
9th March, 2012, 05:03 PM
Hi all is there any other way to flash the kernal on a duo clone without using the 232 board and null lead ? as ive used various leads , comps running xp and win7 and i still cant get the file to flash

Mick

Sorry to say this mate 'NO' it has to be done via the null lead and the IC chip

mickmc68
9th March, 2012, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the reply m8 , do u know how i would find out wat is at fault eg the 232 board ect ?
or could u recommend an easy to work with image to use

Mick

digicon
9th March, 2012, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the reply m8 , do u know how i would find out wat is at fault eg the 232 board ect ?
or could u recommend an easy to work with image to use

Mick

Hi Mick,

If you cant flash the latest loader which is basically the new linux kernel 3.1.1 the you can still use any image prior to Dec 2011, all the loader does is lets you use the latest images and also revert back to the old ones.

Regards

dell_xps
9th March, 2012, 06:13 PM
PM Digicon if he doesnt reply, he has a clone and knows how it works m8.

EDIT, MUST OF REPLIED JUST AS I WAS WRITING THIS :-)

mickmc68
9th March, 2012, 07:09 PM
Thanks im just trying to BlackHole 1,6,6 image now

Mick

mdt
9th March, 2012, 07:39 PM
cant you get onto the supplier to send you a new IC board?? regards mdt

mickmc68
9th March, 2012, 07:42 PM
Hi m8 i was offered the loan of 1 to see if thats the prob , im just waiting on it comming

Mick

cactikid
9th March, 2012, 08:09 PM
you mentioned a null modem cable ?? is it when people get kryptview cable boxes they may get a serial cable which is wired straight and therefore cannot flash boxes,null modem cable has a crossover wire for flashing.

mickmc68
9th March, 2012, 08:22 PM
hi m8 ive used the lead and 1c board that came with box and also a few null modem leads ive hanging abt from KVs ect still no joy

Mick

andy211081
20th April, 2012, 05:41 PM
i have 2 original VU Duo boxes but im bored and wanted to mess about so bought a clone to mess about with. was ?172 so will see what its like...no doubt i will **** it up on first attempt lol

Rodbouy
20th April, 2012, 07:11 PM
I ordered my mate one from Tina,.

After have used a original duo, the clone is by first impressions a good alternative.

Flashed no problem with bh 1.6.6 as i feel its the best ver of the bh series.

The fan is slighty more noisy than the original but not a deal breaker.

Remote just the same.

Overall for ?175 you can't go wrong, well you can but you get what I mean.

digicon
20th April, 2012, 07:17 PM
If the Fan is noisy then there is something wrong with it, Mine is whisper quiet it may require reseating

I ordered my mate one from Tina,.

After have used a original duo, the clone is by first impressions a good alternative.

Flashed no problem with bh 1.6.6 as i feel its the best ver of the bh series.

The fan is slighty more noisy than the original but not a deal breaker.

Remote just the same.

Overall for ?175 you can't go wrong, well you can but you get what I mean.

Rodbouy
20th April, 2012, 11:45 PM
You might be right, I will check it out before I give him it.

battlestar42
25th April, 2012, 07:49 PM
ive just got a vu+solo clone but im having problems at the moment as im having to turn it off at socket all the time when im flicking through channels it will go to so many channels then it will fail on some like sky sports or movies untill i turn the box off at the wall then it will be ok for a bit its doing my nut in where i bought the box from they sent me some files for installing the new software which is how to update the security ic for duo and solo but from wat ive read on the instructions i think theres a file missing as it wont update

battlestar42
25th April, 2012, 08:08 PM
now on that i cant find the file aesencode.bin this is the files i got from them

andy211081
30th April, 2012, 08:13 AM
My clone came on friday and am gonna set it up today..can i take the images from my original duos and put onto the clone?

the clone has a sticker on it v2.0 on the back..does this mean i can just flash any new image like the original? or do i have to got through some other security stuff?

RuberDuck
30th April, 2012, 09:00 AM
v2 boxes should already be patched for use with any of the current images available.

andy211081
30th April, 2012, 09:02 AM
oh right thanks, so i can just download an image and flash that way...

let the comparison begin!!!!

benny/9
30th April, 2012, 11:41 AM
i could'nt find any difference between
my original duo and a clone duo, i had both
flashed with the blackhole 1.7.2 and apart from
the sticker on the clone they were the same in
quality ,speed of chn changing, crystal clear hd chns etc:
i have now sold the clone on, but even the clone
made a genuine dreambox look second rate.

andy211081
30th April, 2012, 03:06 PM
I have vix images on my original boxes but now i have the blackhole on the clone...i dont really like the way the image looks but will have a play around...the remote is of poor quality on the clone and the front is a lot cheaper...but for what it does i think its well worth the ?172

dell_xps
30th April, 2012, 05:18 PM
Andy any chance you can post a pic of the inside of the clone, and maybe a few shots of the outside, really like to see how they look compared to an original, oh and a pic of the remote if you have time ?, ta :-)

andy211081
1st May, 2012, 08:42 AM
hi dell

i will try and do this today..i have put the box at my dads for him to try for a few days so will go later and take the pics buddy

the goat
1st May, 2012, 09:18 AM
andy, where did you get your vu duo from,
keep think about getting one, i must bite the bullit soon

andy211081
1st May, 2012, 12:30 PM
i bought from David Sun at Yoaxin in China..i have always bought my boxes from them without any major issues..but i did buy 2 original vu boxes a few months back from WOS.

upto now i havent found much of a difference other than the poor build quality of the remote. as i have stated above, the box is at my dads and he is using it to try it out..so will feed back soon.

andy211081
7th May, 2012, 05:58 PM
sorry i havent sorted the photos of the inside of the duo but its been working flawlessly and my dad wont let me into his house to take it out haha

so after a week it has had no issues, i changed the image and its mirrors my original boxes now, as i have said already the build quality isnt fantastic but who cares if it does the same as the original.

dell_xps
8th May, 2012, 10:41 AM
No probs m8 :-)

candyman
9th May, 2012, 03:49 PM
Anyone, got a clone, to move a motorised dish? been pulling my hair out for two days.Tried three different images two vix and a bh no joy.Have had dish working with my spider 9000hd and dream 500s but this is doing my head in

digicon
9th May, 2012, 05:08 PM
Anyone, got a clone, to move a motorised dish? been pulling my hair out for two days.Tried three different images two vix and a bh no joy.Have had dish working with my spider 9000hd and dream 500s but this is doing my head in

My Clone Duo is operating mine fine, If your Spider an Dream are working it ok then sounds like maybe a power issue with the Clone

irishguy79
16th May, 2012, 07:01 PM
Hi guys were would be the best place to get the duo clone at a reasonable price and of good build quality?

the man
18th May, 2012, 02:52 PM
x2 ???????

strangler
18th May, 2012, 07:30 PM
WITH THE REGARDS TO NO BEING ABLE TO FLASH WITH THE RS 232 BOARD IT NEDS TO BE DONE THROUGH A SERIAL PORT AND NOT A USB CONVERTER HOPE THIS HELPS AS IT HELPED ME

wingunners
20th June, 2012, 10:27 AM
a lot of people seem to be having problems with PSU and more importantly tuning failed when channel surfing. Something about it locking up and clone protection drivers, red lights on startup, reboot cycles..

contemptx
25th June, 2012, 09:29 PM
@irishguy, I bought mine from satstore.tv

joetwizzy
4th August, 2012, 01:30 PM
If I get a clone can I use a patched VIX image or must I use blackhole?

Also what kernal version should it have? Can this not be updated? (I think I'm getting a V1)

Joe

Rodbouy
4th August, 2012, 01:54 PM
If I get a clone can I use a patched VIX image or must I use blackhole?

Also what kernal version should it have? Can this not be updated? (I think I'm getting a V1)

Joe

I dont think you can use the latest ViX or BH on the clone yet.

You should get a v2.0 but if you dont then just flash it when you get it.

Then double check others have used the image you pick on a clone before flashing.

digicon
4th August, 2012, 02:20 PM
Just want to reiterate what has been said over and over again the Images are not patched its the drivers and kernel which are patched for the images to work.

Current images that are not clone compatible are Blackhole 1.7.6 (Due to new Driver Implementation) and the same with Vix 2.4 any revision over .155 will not work on a clone

cactikid
4th August, 2012, 02:44 PM
and is it worth looking inside of duo for water damage [ clone ]

joetwizzy
4th August, 2012, 03:30 PM
and is it worth looking inside of duo for water damage [ clone ]

I can either buy a V2 from maxsat for around 180 or for the same price get a used v1 off somebody who assured me there is no water damage (as he has changed the fan for a quieter one).

EDIT: Thanks digicon, must have serial to update.

And I assume the ones from maxsat will need flashing or will they have the image installed? I suppose I can get hold of a PC if I need it:

Is it worth upgrading the kernal/image much? Is it that much different it's worth it? My blade upgrades where a bit pointless.

digicon
4th August, 2012, 04:01 PM
I can either buy a V2 from maxsat for around 180 or for the same price get a used v1 off somebody who assured me there is no water damage (as he has changed the fan for a quieter one).

EDIT: Thanks digicon, must have serial to update.

And I assume the ones from maxsat will need flashing or will they have the image installed? I suppose I can get hold of a PC if I need it:

Is it worth upgrading the kernal/image much? Is it that much different it's worth it? My blade upgrades where a bit pointless.

I would assume that if its bought from a shop or even direct then the one you get will be a V2.0 so will have already been flashed with the latest Kernel 3.1.1 but you still cannot use BH 1.7.6 or Vix 2.4.155 and above as these images have the latest anti-clone drivers which are waiting to be patched.

Where ever you buy from make sure you ask if they supply the Null modem lead and IC security update chip if not then your stuck if you want to upgrade.

Just curious the price at maxsat is ?199.99 have you not considered buying from a German retailer, you can pick an original one up for around ?240 delivered for ?40 more than a clone its just not worth it.

cactikid
4th August, 2012, 04:06 PM
and a warranty also is handy.

digicon
4th August, 2012, 04:19 PM
Just to give you some idea found this one here.

http://www.satshop.tv/VU-Duo-Twin

At the current exchange rate on the Euro works out at just over ?236 posted, ?36 more than a clone. at this price point the clone's are just not worth it.

joetwizzy
4th August, 2012, 04:20 PM
I would assume that if its bought from a shop or even direct then the one you get will be a V2.0 so will have already been flashed with the latest Kernel 3.1.1 but you still cannot use BH 1.7.6 or Vix 2.4.155 and above as these images have the latest anti-clone drivers which are waiting to be patched.

Where ever you buy from make sure you ask if they supply the Null modem lead and IC security update chip if not then your stuck if you want to upgrade.

Just curious the price at maxsat is ?199.99 have you not considered buying from a German retailer, you can pick an original one up for around ?240 delivered for ?40 more than a clone its just not worth it.

Sorry www.mixeshop.com (http://www.mixeshop.com) If you pay in dollars its 175 delivered. Amazon Germany is 255 delivered. I know it's not too much more for an original but I'm trying to do it on the cheap, misses isn't happy as it is. I'll maybe get a duo2 original in the future.

The used advert states -

HDMI CABLE
Remote
All required leads
RS232 Cable and Plug, Manual
Blackhole image
Made in CHINA

I have noticed that people have had less problems
with the V1 then the V2 which is swaying me towards the used one.

The used one comes with BlackHole 1.7.5 Multiple Universes image. Is this good enough?

cactikid
4th August, 2012, 04:24 PM
and if the box goes tits up=wife gets a divorce lol

joetwizzy
4th August, 2012, 04:25 PM

At the current exchange rate on the Euro works out at just over ?236 posted, ?36 more than a clone. at this price point the clone's are just not worth it.

322,28 EUR Delivered :(

digicon
4th August, 2012, 05:03 PM
322,28 EUR Delivered :(

289.00 for Duo and 13.90 for Zone 1 DHL delivery in euros round it up 304 euro i was slightly out it comes to ?240, I order a lot of Satellite stuff from germany and have never paid more than 15 euro for DHL delivery

Rodbouy
4th August, 2012, 05:07 PM

I been getting the Duo clone for ?175

Its just ure luck, you can get an original and it breaks. My 1st dealings with duos was 3 originals @ ?300 a pop and one was a dud, luckily it was a local supplier and he took it back and swapped it.

But buy any clone or original outside the uk and it can cost you to return.

From what I hear the Manufacture aint the best to get in contact with so its down to the supplier you get the box from.

The 1st clone I have bought from China was the ver 2.0 and this has been since Feb and since then got around 10 in total.

All still working fine, No water damager, no rust. Only issues was 1 box needed the display adjusted, easily fixed and other was not taking some images but got one and been fine since.

digicon
4th August, 2012, 05:47 PM
I been getting the Duo clone for ?175

Its just ure luck, you can get an original and it breaks. My 1st dealings with duos was 3 originals @ ?300 a pop and one was a dud, luckily it was a local supplier and he took it back and swapped it.

But buy any clone or original outside the uk and it can cost you to return.

From what I hear the Manufacture aint the best to get in contact with so its down to the supplier you get the box from.

The 1st clone I have bought from China was the ver 2.0 and this has been since Feb and since then got around 10 in total.

All still working fine, No water damager, no rust. Only issues was 1 box needed the display adjusted, easily fixed and other was not taking some images but got one and been fine since.

Costs a lot more to send it back to China than what it does to Germany.

RuberDuck
4th August, 2012, 05:53 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6ww4n4oT01qzr0m0o1_400.jpg

the above pic says it all.

joetwizzy
4th August, 2012, 06:17 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6ww4n4oT01qzr0m0o1_400.jpg

the above pic says it all.
The bike is actually Asian
???????????? (http://www.gammaxbicycle.com/) :D

If I buy a clone will it come with an image per installed ?
If I buy an original will it come per installed?

digicon
4th August, 2012, 06:27 PM
The bike is actually Asian
???????????? (http://www.gammaxbicycle.com/) :D

If I buy a clone will it come with an image per installed ?
If I buy an original will it come per installed?

I would imagine if you decided to go with a Duo from an official retailer over here like WOS, Sat-Shop, Goldwafers etc then they will install any image you like to the box.

The Clones direct from china have Blackhole installed now by default i believe.

Rodbouy
4th August, 2012, 07:37 PM
Costs a lot more to send it back to China than what it does to Germany.

It's does but to start your saving 51. So your 51 up till something goes wrong. So even.say its cost 51 then 20 to return to Germany. That's you still 20 up.

Still cheaper.

joetwizzy
5th August, 2012, 09:29 AM
I can get a 2 yr old vuo duo for 200. Worth it? 50/60 quid less than a new one.

Data7
5th August, 2012, 09:52 AM
On one of the other forums they say a update will be released at the end of August. so you will be able to put any image you like on it.:bounce:

Rodbouy
5th August, 2012, 09:55 AM

Personally no not for that price.

RuberDuck
5th August, 2012, 10:07 AM

For a 2 year old machine i would expect a little more that ?50 to ?60 less even though at the time it was bought it would have cost almost ?400 to buy new. offer him a maximum of ?170 and ask what motherboard revision it has as the original V1 boards could not come out of deepstandby to make pre-set scheduled recordings.

On one of the other forums they say a update will be released at the end of August. so you will be able to put any image you like on it.:bounce:

Thats correct, although Vu already have a new set of Beta drivers whether or not the patch would work on those is unknown.

dell_xps
5th August, 2012, 11:21 AM
My 2 pence worth, reading every other day, "my box has just got a red led at start up" etc etc, I wouldn't touch a clone if it cost ?100, these boxes imho are utter $hite, and I've never owned one ( just originals ), but the amount of posts on here would put me right off, if you don't have enough for an original Vu, save your pennies until you can afford one, as you'll just be buying an inferior box. Can't shout it loud enough peeps, buy original !! (And yes I'm a Vu fan boy and an Apple fan boy :-) )
Let the hate begin :-)

RuberDuck
5th August, 2012, 11:25 AM
My 2 pence worth, reading every other day, "my box has just got a red led at start up" etc etc, I wouldn't touch a clone if it cost ?100, these boxes imho are utter $hite, and I've never owned one ( just originals ), but the amount of posts on here would put me right off, if you don't have enough for an original Vu, save your pennies until you can afford one, as you'll just be buying an inferior box. Can't shout it loud enough peeps, buy original !! (And yes I'm a Vu fan boy and an Apple fan boy :-) )
Let the hate begin :-)

To be honest mate i gave up giving a flying fig a long long time ago, as it seems every time i put my point of view across i get slated as a clone hater. as far as i'm concerned now people can go ahead and buy as many clones as they like and when they do break they can cry on the forum as much as they like because i just dont care. I have far more important things to get on with than helping people who bought crap in order to save a few quid.

dell_xps
5th August, 2012, 11:32 AM
It's like anything counterfeit m8, it's just sub standard $hite, like fake clothing, you can tell it a mile off, I understand some people really can't afford the real deal, if thats the case better to do without, spend your money on something else worth while.

Rodbouy
5th August, 2012, 11:36 AM
What does it matter if people buy clones, its a forum about hacking.

We help ppl with what ever problems they have when they have them and if we can.

We just say ah well tough thats what you get.

Are originals free from faults? No nothing is.

RuberDuck
5th August, 2012, 11:38 AM
It's like anything counterfeit m8, it's just sub standard $hite, like fake clothing, you can tell it a mile off, I understand some people really can't afford the real deal, if thats the case better to do without, spend your money on something else worth while.

you know the funny thing that just cracks me up ?.

a few days ago ferrari posted on their forum to be aware that they will not offer any form of support for substandard copies of their machines as apparently a new factory is selling clones of their clones.

I mean thats just bloody hilarious and you can bet your house now that any fault reported to ferrari about their boxs will just be brushed off as the user buying a clone from a different factory regardless if it's true or not.

digicon
5th August, 2012, 12:09 PM
Just on a side note when did the title of this thread change from this:

VU+ UNO / DUO CLONE QUESTIONS & ANSWERS ONLY.

to this:

VU+ UNO / DUO CLONE BASHING THREAD

Lets try and stay on topic

dell_xps
5th August, 2012, 12:18 PM
Originals are not free from faults, my power supply went after 6 months, guess I was unlucky, but lets face it, how many "i have an original Vu and it's ****ed do you see ?"
Mines was fixed after a few weeks free of charge. It's not a slagging match m8, more trying to put people off and save them a lot of stress :-)

RuberDuck
5th August, 2012, 01:02 PM
Originals are not free from faults, my power supply went after 6 months, guess I was unlucky, but lets face it, how many "i have an original Vu and it's ****ed do you see ?"
Mines was fixed after a few weeks free of charge. It's not a slagging match m8, more trying to put people off and save them a lot of stress :-)

I would not bother mate, far too many traders here thinking more of lining their pockets than genuine satellite users.

digicon
5th August, 2012, 01:09 PM
I would not bother mate, far too many traders here thinking more of lining their pockets than genuine satellite users.

There are traders on every forum even the ones you would least expect

RuberDuck
5th August, 2012, 01:13 PM
There are traders on every forum even the ones you would least expect

It was not a comment directed towards the forum more towards the ulterior motives of certain members, and yes i am well aware that traders operate on all forums.

digicon
5th August, 2012, 01:26 PM
All i can say is i had Zero problems with my version 1 clone Duo and it worked as it should, My previous point of maybe looking at the european market for an original is due now only to price difference.

My clone originally cost me ?180 delivered at the time the Duo was retailing from UK suppliers at ?329 so quite a big saving but with the recent announcements of the new models prices have dropped and we get a far better Euro conversion rate at the moment which means maybe clones are not as much of a bargain as what they previously where.

No One will ever stop clones they are here to stay the Dreambox models are testament to that fact, but as of late there do seem to be a fair few problems but these posts are generally from people who have bricked them from Flashing the wrong Kernel or the PSU problems.

Also take into consideration that many people post the exact same problem on various forums which gives the impression to people on the outside that there is more people having problems than what there actually is, The numbers seem to relay that there are Hundreds of problems when in reality its probably in the minority.

joetwizzy
5th August, 2012, 01:58 PM
?255 is the cheapest I can find the original (amazon .de)
?258 from satshop.de

Both prices are delivered.
Any others?

Thanks!

cactikid
5th August, 2012, 02:00 PM
pounds or euro prices?

joetwizzy
5th August, 2012, 02:09 PM
pounds or euro prices?

Sorry that's in pounds sterling

digicon
5th August, 2012, 02:35 PM
The one that linked for you comes out at ?240 delivered so thats your benchmark to find cheaper, A clone delivered direct from china will set you back approx ?167 at todays rates

dell_xps
5th August, 2012, 02:39 PM
Be better sticking ?167 down a drain imho :-)

digicon
5th August, 2012, 02:41 PM
Be better sticking ?167 down a drain imho :-)

Thats an incredibly constructive answer why didn't i think of that

joetwizzy
5th August, 2012, 02:47 PM
The one that linked for you comes out at ?240 delivered so thats your benchmark to find cheaper, A clone delivered direct from china will set you back approx ?167 at todays rates

Thanks but I've been unable to get it for 240. It's coming out at 258 delivered.

Thank you tho

dell_xps
5th August, 2012, 02:56 PM
Thats an incredibly constructive answer why didn't i think of that

Digicon lets not start another war of words thread, I dont like clones,I just see honest (cough cough) hard working guys like myself be ripped off with these boxes that are just utter tat, and I know you are in favour of clones, that's up to you, but I will do my best to try and get people to avoid these counterfeit badly made boxes.
You have a nice day now :-)

Rodbouy
5th August, 2012, 02:58 PM

If that's ref to me then your wide of the mark. I buy most of the boxes for mates and family direct from Tina but in single. They pay via PayPal but gets sent to me to sort for them.

Anyway I have never understood this trader nonsense. It's one of the worst statements ever.

dell_xps
5th August, 2012, 03:00 PM
Rod I know your not a trader m8, being from the City Of :-)

Rodbouy
5th August, 2012, 03:00 PM
Digicon lets not start another war of words thread, I dont like clones,I just see honest (cough cough) hard working guys like myself be ripped off with these boxes that are just utter tat, and I know you are in favour of clones, that's up to you, but I will do my best to try and get people to avoid these counterfeit badly made boxes.

Dell from what I gather you have never owned a duo clone but have owned an original that blew up. No offence but you can really give a balanced view.

Lol the city of .......... ?

dell_xps
5th August, 2012, 03:06 PM
Discovery, and yes as I've stated time and time again m8, I've never owned a counterfeit Vu box, I however own a Duo and an Ultimo, have set up a few Solo's and Uno's, so I think I like to know what I'm talking about :-)

digicon
5th August, 2012, 03:14 PM

Nothing to do with me favouring clones at all, I have owned clones Dreambox and Vu but I also own Originals Vu again and Technomate and others I like to keep an open mind when it comes to these receivers and have an unbiased opinion.

But when someone comes onto a thread which is specifically here to help them I will, What gets me is certain members come on and then start slating clones when as a matter of fact there opinion does not count seeing as they have never owned one

satsmo
5th August, 2012, 03:16 PM
I stuck this thread originally to serve a purpose for Q&A on VU clones, not for a tit for tat on morals relating to genuine and clone boxes.

Please keep the thread on topic, further posts outside of the thread title will be deleted.

aklik
7th August, 2012, 11:09 AM
Hi guys, can you recommend a seller for duo clone? are so many over the internet but hard to trust them, so I would like to guide myself on your experience. If is not allowed to post links or something, please send me on my PM. Thanks!

cactikid
7th August, 2012, 11:43 AM
with a question like that can be taken both ways,do you want a clone of the duo? or the clone of the clone? here now lies the fun ahead.

aklik
8th August, 2012, 12:32 PM
:)) well, in the beginning I was thinking at a clone for vu+ duo without knowing that exist a clone for that duo's clone!! :) in the end I would say that I would like to buy which one is running better (except the duo original..) thx!

joetwizzy
10th August, 2012, 08:19 PM
:)) well, in the beginning I was thinking at a clone for vu+ duo without knowing that exist a clone for that duo's clone!! :) in the end I would say that I would like to buy which one is running better (except the duo original..) thx!

errrr. Not 100% sure what you mean. There are max+ duo which are ?200 and are from Ireland. The vu+ duo ferrari are from the ferrari team (china) and then there are regular vu+ duos from various places in china. I opted for the original in the end.

julian2308
30th October, 2012, 10:05 AM
I am a new user just 2 week ...today the sound is working on all channels but no picture on any HELP

DOUGALMCD
30th October, 2012, 12:48 PM
Check your scart or hdmi connection first.

john107
19th November, 2012, 10:16 PM
Hope I've posted this right..here goes. I have a vu+du with a fixed sly dish and it works.I also have a new motorised dish that I'm trying to set up without success. I'm using the vix teams v3 image build 204 and I love it.But I can't get any signal trying to tune it in on the motor.If I put the sly dish on tuner A it works.! only thing is it doesn't allow me to move the dish if recording on the fixed dish.I have the motor set as advanced and the fixed as single-simple. Can someone please give me the correct dish settings I need .?
I'm losing the few strands of hair I still have.....

digicon
20th November, 2012, 01:17 AM
If your motorised dish is setup correctly and have had it working via another receiver either by Diseqc 1.2 or USALS then all you will have to do is choose the correct method for your duo.

If you have USALS already setup on your dish the choose simple-positioner and enter your latitude and longitude details in the relevant section and away you go.

If you only have Diseqc 1.2 then the advanced option you have chosen at the moment is correct just tune each satellite in manually and store with a preset number of your choice.

ams3521
21st November, 2012, 03:14 PM
I had a similar problem using a genuine VU+ duo after flashing with VIX, turned out to be the actual motor itself although it was fine before and still worked on an openbox.

In the end after spending days trying to solve the problem and scouring the net to no avail I just changed the motor for a Technomate TM-2600 (my original one was a Fortec Star) and problem was solved.

Thinking back though I could still move the dish manually on the Duo using 'sat finder' but when trying to move to a different satellite by pressing a normal channel on the remote, nothing would happen, the dish icon would flash but the dish wouldn't move.

digicon
21st November, 2012, 04:07 PM
I had a similar problem using a genuine VU+ duo after flashing with VIX, turned out to be the actual motor itself although it was fine before and still worked on an openbox.

In the end after spending days trying to solve the problem and scouring the net to no avail I just changed the motor for a Technomate TM-2600 (my original one was a Fortec Star) and problem was solved.

Thinking back though I could still move the dish manually on the Duo using 'sat finder' but when trying to move to a different satellite by pressing a normal channel on the remote, nothing would happen, the dish icon would flash but the dish wouldn't move.

Funnily enough i have come across this a few times now when an Original Duo is used in combination with a Dark Motor or similar brand it will not function correctly unless used via the satfinder option, So even the Original Duo's have problems

paulcox22
26th November, 2012, 08:54 PM
Hello, noob here, this is probably a question of personal choice but im about to buy my first sat receiver, im torn between the amiko alien 2 and the vu+ duo, im pretty sure the latter is the best of the 2 but wen im looking at options i noticed theres a choice of firmwares, official vu+, vix team, black hole, vti and open pli, could anyone tell me which, if any, is best and the differences? thanks in advance.

digicon
26th November, 2012, 09:01 PM
Welcome to DK dont forget to post an intoduction

paulcox22
26th November, 2012, 09:15 PM
thanks, i will but at the min im still trying to find out how to post a thread :) lol

digicon
26th November, 2012, 09:33 PM
thanks, i will but at the min im still trying to find out how to post a thread :) lol

Mate you should know any forum you join you always read the rules first then post an introduction thread, and then get asking away.

Anyway which receiver you looking at a Clone or an original

paulcox22
26th November, 2012, 10:46 PM
i dont join usually join forums. im looking at the original

umgeni
11th December, 2012, 11:53 PM
Hi All,

I originally put this in the other vu duo forum and didnt realise this is for clones, hope someone can help!

I've not posted much on this forum but have been doing a lot of reading (and have looked at other threads similar to this one!)

I've just received my Vu duo V3 clone from china (I'm in the UK) I did a lot of reading while waiting for it to turn up so thought I was ready.

First thing I did was flash it via usb on the front port with version 3.0.204 of vix (thought it was the latest obe but since found out there are more current versions).

After a few tries it loaded and flashed as it should, but then wouldn't boot, it continually froze on 'Starting'.

Now, one thing to mention is that I didn't try starting it with the shipped image, so don't know if it worked properly from the start. I had a HDD installed, so took it out, tried booting again and got the same result.

After a bit more reading I flashed with a different image and usb stick (kingston 2GB), the image was vix 2.3.153 which was recommended in another forum.

This eventually flashed (for some reason wouldnt pick up front usb but worked with rear slot) and started up ok.

I started setting up the box, got to the scanning part, started scanning and after a few minutes rebooted on its own, and froze once again in starting.

I've tried reflashing many times now, sometimes it picks up the front port, sometimes not.

I'm wondering if its overheating as the rear fan isn't on (doesn't seem to be too warm) also the heatsink on the cpu is pretty flimsy.

I'm thinking its a DOA box, but wondered if I've done anything to it, like flashing with the newer vix image?

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

morashid679
6th January, 2013, 04:49 AM
Hi Guys,

Help with a V1 Clone Duo.

"stuck on starting" "s o s"

1. Did bootloader update.
2. Changed power supply.
3. Flashed early image. (Vix 2.3, BH 1.6.2)
4. Tried to flash nfi image but no ip on box fail.
5. Pulled all my hair out.

Did all above with no result.

I had a int hdd but couldn't get it to work.
Flashed with early images, changed power supply still nothing.
When I flash with USB it goes through the flashing process then on reboot "s o s"
I did the bootloader update before sticking the hdd in the box. I just can't get it passed "s o s".

Please help.
Thanks

digicon
14th January, 2013, 02:56 AM
Final release of Ferrari' VU+ OEM security chip update V3.2
Suitable for all Ferrari' "V3" boxes - vu solo & vu uno & vu duo OEM all "V3" boxes can update this software,
Latest ViX and OpenPli images working fine. Many bugs fixed, this time. This update is worth to update any V3 chip if you have it. Solves problem of "desic" too, searching channels issue etc...

As for VU+ UNO Ferrari' OEM box there are V3 security chip inside only, there are no V2 VU UNO Ferrari' OEM box version on the market.

We work hard for you.

Enjoy, Ferrari team.

DMBoot
19th January, 2013, 01:02 PM
Still no word on the V2 chip upgrade, but it seems to be moving the the right direction .....

digicon
19th January, 2013, 01:06 PM
Still no word on the V2 chip upgrade, but it seems to be moving the the right direction .....

Thee isn't one mate you have to buy a V3 chip for the V2 Solo/Duo to use the latest images, But as long as your happy using the old images i cant see a problem

DMBoot
19th January, 2013, 03:26 PM
Thee isn't one mate you have to buy a V3 chip for the V2 Solo/Duo to use the latest images, But as long as your happy using the old images i cant see a problem

Yeah, that's what I mean.

Any word of this hardware upgrade being available?

It's free, but you have to pay the postage.

redondo5
20th January, 2013, 09:00 PM
Final release of Ferrari' VU+ OEM security chip update V3.2
Suitable for all Ferrari' "V3" boxes - vu solo & vu uno & vu duo OEM all "V3" boxes can update this software,
Latest ViX and OpenPli images working fine. Many bugs fixed, this time. This update is worth to update any V3 chip if you have it. Solves problem of "desic" too, searching channels issue etc...

As for VU+ UNO Ferrari' OEM box there are V3 security chip inside only, there are no V2 VU UNO Ferrari' OEM box version on the market.

We work hard for you.

Enjoy, Ferrari team.

does this mean any UNO clone on the market has V3. I remeber something on ferrari forum few months back stating there were some manufactures making clones without their security chip and they wouldnt be able to support those receivers.

i really want to try a clone Uno with the twin tuner modules see if it works. i suppose with the new images the new drivers should be in place to cater for those modules.

chatty
23rd January, 2013, 08:52 PM
Hi. just got a vu duo clone v3 which is stuck on starting.
I see that you can fix with security ic update with the use
of null modem cable 232 board but i dont have 232 board
as it is not a ferrari clone. How can i fix.
Thanks.

my name is gone
24th January, 2013, 02:32 AM
Try flashing it with a image from before june 2012 like blackhole 1.72 failing that you need to contact the box supplier as god knows what you have got if its not ferrari

is it maybe a cloned clone you have? trying to fix this with ferrari firmware might do it more damage than good

chatty
24th January, 2013, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the reply tried lots of images for this box but nothing seems to work guess its bricked. hopefully there will be a fix for these boxes.

dmmacvicar
29th January, 2013, 01:58 PM
does this mean any UNO clone on the market has V3. I remeber something on ferrari forum few months back stating there were some manufactures making clones without their security chip and they wouldnt be able to support those receivers.

i really want to try a clone Uno with the twin tuner modules see if it works. i suppose with the new images the new drivers should be in place to cater for those modules.
Uno Clones works with Twin tuner. Seemingly the security chip is in the tuner module so no need for bin updates if you install a genuine single or dual tuner module. Currently running BH 1.7.9 on a Dual Tuner and no problems so far.

NICETOBNICE
23rd February, 2013, 08:30 PM
Hi guys i have just got my clone through but i'm having problems and need some help

on occasion the motorised dish gets lost and stops working its brand new and would like to set it up with diseqc 1.2 and not usuals

to see if the problem resolves it self the motor is a lsat Dark Superior DiSEqC All Metal Geared Motor

digicon
23rd February, 2013, 08:47 PM
Hi guys i have just got my clone through but i'm having problems and need some help

on occasion the motorised dish gets lost and stops working its brand new and would like to set it up with diseqc 1.2 and not usuals

to see if the problem resolves it self the motor is a lsat Dark Superior DiSEqC All Metal Geared Motor

Which clone do you have buddy a Duo or Solo

NICETOBNICE
23rd February, 2013, 09:05 PM
Which clone do you have buddy a Duo or Solo

Sorry i didnt mention i have a duo with blackhole1 .7.5

digicon
23rd February, 2013, 09:16 PM
Sorry i didnt mention i have a duo with blackhole1 .7.5

Have you got any internal hard drive installed or maybe external, to rule out the motor i would try the receiver bare so to speak no HD's or USB sticks attached so that all the PSU is powering is the box itself Motor and LNB.

You may not want to entirely up to your self maybe try BH 1.7.2 as the later images 1.7.3 onwards are full of bloatware crap like 'Universes'. 1.7.2 was probably BH last best untuoched image for the Duo Clone

Regards

NICETOBNICE
23rd February, 2013, 09:22 PM
Have you got any internal hard drive installed or maybe external, to rule out the motor i would try the receiver bare so to speak no HD's or USB sticks attached so that all the PSU is powering is the box itself Motor and LNB.

You may not want to entirely up to your self maybe try BH 1.7.2 as the later images 1.7.3 onwards are full of bloatware crap like 'Universes'. 1.7.2 was probably BH last best untuoched image for the Duo Clone

Regards

thanks for that i may try 1.7.2 but not sure how to flash these boxs give me a dreambox anyday lol

i do have a cross over cable and nul modem though?

digicon
23rd February, 2013, 09:28 PM
thanks for that i may try 1.7.2 but not sure how to flash these boxs give me a dreambox anyday lol

i do have a cross over cable and nul modem though?

Easier than that mate just download the image extract so you just have the folder which says 'vuplus' put it on a USB stick in the front power off and then on again and away you go.

Images your looking for are labeled 'bm750'

NICETOBNICE
23rd February, 2013, 09:48 PM
Easier than that mate just download the image extract so you just have the folder which says 'vuplus' put it on a USB stick in the front power off and then on again and away you go.

Images your looking for are labeled 'bm750'

hi mate what you mean images labeled bm750 ?

digicon
24th February, 2013, 12:24 AM
hi mate what you mean images labeled bm750 ?

Thats the code for the Duo 'bm750' just in case you go looking for one off board and its not labelled as Vu Duo

Signalorangers2k
8th March, 2013, 10:42 PM
Just bought a VU+ solo and a duo based on a recommendation. I hope these are good! :D

stevo88
16th May, 2013, 09:15 PM
how do i setup a extrenal hdd on a vu solo clone on openvix 3.0.562, can find hard disk options anywhere in menu?

RuberDuck
17th May, 2013, 07:48 AM
Menu> Setup> System> Hard disc

mmyoung
1st July, 2013, 10:29 AM
hi, thinking of getting duo, how do you know if you've got a clone or not???

digicon
1st July, 2013, 11:49 AM
hi, thinking of getting duo, how do you know if you've got a clone or not???

If you buy one from a reputable dealer then you wont get a clone

mmyoung
1st July, 2013, 12:03 PM
If you buy one from a reputable dealer then you wont get a clone

whos a reputable dealer??? can you say?

mart2011
8th July, 2013, 08:23 PM
Whats the best firmware to put on a vu duo clone box. At the minute its runnin vix firmware but everytime it goes into standby it keeps freezing and needs full reboot. Any help much appreciated

digicon
9th July, 2013, 12:49 AM
Whats the best firmware to put on a vu duo clone box. At the minute its runnin vix firmware but everytime it goes into standby it keeps freezing and needs full reboot. Any help much appreciated

Try Blackhole 1.7.2 always ran OK for me and never had any problems

Mee?kat
19th July, 2013, 10:08 PM
I remember using bh 1.7.2 image on my duo and there was a problem with my recordings freezing and i dont think i was alone with that problem..this wont be a problem with the solo of course and as digicon says it is a stable image otherwise..

2 of my mates have v2 ferrari clone duos which they purchased last year and i recently installed clone safe v2 ferrari oe 2.0.2 images on them and they run very well indeed.

I have 2.0.4 on my original and its probably the best bh image to date i reckon and it will be available for v2 duo ferrari clones soon..in fact the image is already available for the solo v2 ferrari clone.

MK

Rodbouy
20th July, 2013, 05:04 PM
I like 1.7.0. Really stable and nice.

mrblue
13th August, 2013, 06:44 PM
My vu duo v3 clone has been suffering from a memory leak, I've tried all possible remedies, the seller has accepted me to return motherboard to have memory chipset replaced. He has offered to help with shipping back to China.

Im wondering where the chipset is and how easily replaceable it is as I am not too bad at soldering myself but I know some jobs require an expert with expensive equipment.

Anybody know what it's going to cost with a return to China and if I could get any bother in regards to it getting lost or anything like that

mrblue
13th August, 2013, 06:44 PM
My vu duo v3 clone has been suffering from a memory leak, I've tried all possible remedies, the seller has accepted me to return motherboard to have memory chipset replaced. He has offered to help with shipping back to China.

Im wondering where the chipset is and how easily replaceable it is as I am not too bad at soldering myself but I know some jobs require an expert with expensive equipment.

Anybody know what it's going to cost with a return to China and if I could get any bother in regards to it getting lost or anything like that

digicon
14th August, 2013, 12:58 AM
The Memory leak also affects the Original Duo too so it appears when cloned they clone the problems as well, I would check first how they want you to send it back as a courier will be cheaper but due to laws there they always ask to ship back using standard post like RM which will be very costly.

As for it getting lost well thats the chance you take

tagteam3283
29th August, 2013, 09:21 PM
hi guys, i have just bought a duo clone from ebay [ it wasn't advertised as a clone] but stuck with it now.

it says v3.2 on a sticker the back.

how do i confirm the security update before attempting to flash a VIX image. It came pre-installed with bh 1.7.6.

If I installed the VIX v3 image, can i use the authentic image or do i need to use a "clone friendly" version.

jimbofz
31st August, 2013, 04:12 PM
sorry my earlier post uv+ups and downs was posted b4 i realised there was a specific section for clones
anyways my clone is stuck on bootloader with vix logo rotating
ive ftp with filezilla and im wondering if its possible to correct any corrupt files that are preventing completion of boot sequence ?
its my own fault all was working fine until i tried to update cha bouquet via usb ,i used the rear usb skt not the front one.yes i know one born every minute!
im new to vu+ boxes but im fine with openboxes and tmate so this is a step up,ive tried vucc with telnet protocol/putty,built into the gui, and connected via rs232 lead box connects and accepts reboot command but fault still remains is there any other fix for this problem?

paintanddent
10th October, 2013, 09:24 PM
not booting up after mgcam disable
heyho---first post and i have a problem. have a duo clone running vuDuo 3.0.205 cloneuk I got from this site some time(1yr) ago. All has been ok until my mgcam expired and as I have a cccam available I decided to use that. did the CCcam.cfg and put in etc..... I know it all works ok when running.
Problem is that if I have to reboot box it will not boot up--just stalls on gui screen..... have tried disabling lots of things but have got down to this------if I stop mgcam running(has to be stopped to use cccam) and try to reboot box, it just stalls..even before I have done anything with cccam (then have to reflash image). have tried lots of other images but most of them will not even boot-up the box.
I appreciate this is a clone box (I didn't know it at the time and didn't use it a lot as had spiderbox on motorised system and just used the vu for astra 28deg).
Any help appreciated and its taken a lot of work to narrow down the parameters of fault---so whats in the mgcam that assists the boot-up

kungfua7
8th November, 2013, 05:21 AM
i am using vu+ duo clone , when i upgrade firmware black hole 2.05 , my vu+ duo run ok , but i upgrade firmware back hole 2.06 or black hole 2.07 , my vu+ duo not boot , starting....... and red light

digicon
8th November, 2013, 10:03 AM
i am using vu+ duo clone , when i upgrade firmware black hole 2.05 , my vu+ duo run ok , but i upgrade firmware back hole 2.06 or black hole 2.07 , my vu+ duo not boot , starting....... and red light

if you want to run 2.0.6 or 2.0.7 then you will have to get one of the patched images with older drivers as the official blackhole images contain newer drivers that are not clone friendly

lee11168
28th November, 2013, 10:04 AM
been offered vu solo clone for ?100 are these any good are would I be better spending a bit more

digicon
28th November, 2013, 10:13 AM
been offered vu solo clone for ?100 are these any good are would I be better spending a bit more

Spend around another ?30 and get an Original Enigm2 receiver such as the XP1000 or the Octagon SF8 HD both of which run newer and faster processors than the Solo

mrblue
24th December, 2013, 12:46 AM
Im still stuck with this duo that has a memory leak, its 3.2 clone, I was hoping to give it to a friend to use just as a single tuner, no recording box, but it still freezes, also freezes in standby....

Has any workaround being done regarding this fault....vu+ are bound to be working on a solution as this is a fault from original box...

RuberDuck
24th December, 2013, 06:17 PM
vu+ are bound to be working on a solution as this is a fault from original box...

Vu have known about the memory leak for over 18 months and washed their hands of it as they are unable to find the cause, so dont count on a magical fix any time soon if ever.

mrblue
25th December, 2013, 12:00 AM
Is it the memory chipset that needs replacing maybe....must try some different images, maybe blackhole or openpli could be more sustainable with the problem...

RuberDuck
25th December, 2013, 04:28 AM
It happens with all images with the 3.1.1 linux kernel, although not all Duo's are affected, my two are not and never have been.

mrblue
27th December, 2013, 07:10 PM
The place i got it from in China offered me to send it back for repair....I asked for a new motherboard but they said no way as its too expensive but would take it back for repair and help me with shipping costs...

I suppose this would be ok if all went to plan but do they know what the cause of the problem is, how would they go about repairing the motherboard if vu+ don't even know themselves whats causing it...and why only some boxes are affected...

szigma
19th February, 2014, 10:00 PM
hi guys, i have just bought a mini vu duo. The box worked perfectly 1 week. Then 1 put deep standby mode, and box not starting.
The red led light, if put the remote light the yellow led, but not picture the tv.
Tried this lot of image (Blackhole v2, v3 and vix) but the putty always the same message:

CPU 0 Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address c080be50, epc == c080be50, ra == 80076394
Oops[#1]:
Code: (Bad address in epc)

---[ end trace 69cee6d7f7d2b865 ]---
Kernel panic - not syncing: Fatal exception in interrupt
Rebooting in 180 seconds..
What's the problem?
How can I fix it?

Thanks.

mrblue
13th March, 2014, 10:45 AM
Still got this memory leak, box is pretty much worthless the way it is...Now I presume a new motherboard will sort this. I would even buy an original board so that original images like the new zeus image can be installed. Am I right thinking a new original motherboard will fix my problem and also make the box effectively genuine...

Where can I source a genuine motherboard, duo is well down in price now so couldnt be that dear for new board....

digicon
13th March, 2014, 12:10 PM
Question is can you source an original Motherboard i know the PSU's have been available for quite some time, You may have to bite the bullet and buy New

RuberDuck
13th March, 2014, 06:39 PM
The only place i know where you can buy a new genuine Vu+ Duo motherbaord is a Vu+ retailer in Australia.

mrblue
1st April, 2014, 07:24 AM
New motherboard arriving today. Is the board easily replaceable?

mrblue
1st April, 2014, 08:24 PM
Was dead easy, let's hope it runs smoother now...

redderv
4th October, 2014, 08:56 PM
Hi

Has anyone ever seen this? I have a v3.2 duo which flashes fine via usb and picked up a v3.0 today for another room. When putting the usb in and powering on the box it does not read the USB and boots to blackhole.

4GB flash FAT32

Used every port

Tried to use a another 8GB drive same thing

cactikid
4th October, 2014, 09:35 PM
yes dodgy usb sticks,try another make and good quality:pepsi:

readyrangers
19th October, 2014, 09:39 PM
Hi all. Can somebody help me with a mini vu+ duo? It is stuck on red light, it was running blackhole image. I want to flash it with a vix image to see if I can get it running again, can anybody tell me what vix image is safe to use?
Thank you

cactikid
20th October, 2014, 01:12 AM
now ponders the question was the blackhole image a patched or original as box could have 1 or 2 problems?
do you get starting on the front display if it has one then it could be an internal cap or regulator like on the duo?
original image that was updated with newer drivers might have wiped your internal chip info.
unsure if these boxes suffer from power supply issues also?

readyrangers
20th October, 2014, 07:40 AM
Hi cactikid. I am still waiting on the person I got it from getting back to me, he never gave me any info about the image just that it was blackhole. They only have a light on the front, no display. Nobody touched the box, it just went to red light.

DOUGALMCD
20th October, 2014, 11:02 AM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f205/new-mini-vu-duo-twin-tuner-dreambox-hybrid-390817/

readyrangers
20th October, 2014, 12:03 PM
Thank you for that dougalmcd. That seems to answer my question, I will read up later when I get more time.

any-mgzt
25th October, 2014, 10:15 AM
I have Clone with V3 sticker bought off Fleabay, looking inside it looks to have had the red light fix done with new regulator etc fitted. I assume that I can install newer images on this box?

Am I right?

DOUGALMCD
25th October, 2014, 12:36 PM
Wrong don't go flashing until your sure of what you have.
What box have you got a duo?
What image are you on?
Is it ferrari version?
Has it been updated?
If it's working do you really have to change it?
First thing to do is a full image back up before you start messing with it. hth

any-mgzt
26th October, 2014, 12:20 PM
It's a Duo yes Ferrari yes, not sure if its been updated, currently on Blackhole 2.0.9. Just wondered if the newer images would be OK to flash. I have read on here that if it's got the V3 sticker that it would be OK

digicon
26th October, 2014, 12:58 PM
If your going to flash with a later Blackhole image then by all means do but make 100% sure that the image has had the drivers patched or you will undoubtedly brick your box

any-mgzt
8th November, 2014, 03:19 PM
FLASHED BLACKHOLE 2.0.9 OK but cannot get Coolmans EPG to work at all downloaded from server and went through set-up but not working?? noob here by the way

colinh1213
3rd December, 2014, 08:53 AM
my box keeps going into sleep mode , can i change this , been through all settings to no avail , thanks in advance

DOUGALMCD
3rd December, 2014, 10:18 AM
Hi it would help if you gave more info ie what box and if genuine or clone and how old and what image you are using it may help others help you. hth

colinh1213
3rd December, 2014, 11:21 AM
Hi it would help if you gave more info ie what box and if genuine or clone and how old and what image you are using it may help others help you. hth
ibox 4 ( clone vu+ duo) running openpli

DOUGALMCD
4th December, 2014, 11:29 AM
Have you tried different a firmware on it to see if it still does it other than that it maybe hardware problem.

degsie
28th May, 2016, 07:49 AM
Guys I've just converted my cloned uno into a twin tuner, what image do I now flash uno or duo and must it be a cloned image
thank you in advance

happy_highlander
28th May, 2016, 08:52 AM
When you say converted, i assume you mean installed an original twin tuner to replace the clone single tuner. If that is what you mean then your box will now run original UNO images as the the security chip was on the tuner. I know OpenAtv images work perfectly but there were a some whispers a couple of years back that not all original images were compatible due to the image targeting the clone fpga (or something like that, it's been a while) chip on the board. I have OpenAtv 5.3 running on mine and regularly swap between twin sat and cable (both original tuners) depending on which one of my children need to borrow the receiver, you do not need to install a new image when you swap between tuners either just reconfigure the tuner settings to suit what you have installed

degsie
28th May, 2016, 12:12 PM
hello hh I used to be on another forum with u "kings" now defunct, yes mate that is what I meant, installed a twin tuner
was just wondering about what image to flash as I have a very old cloned bh 2.0.5 image from back in the day lol still works away

happy_highlander
28th May, 2016, 03:05 PM
I use the newest OpenAtv 5.3 nightly on mine. Original image for uno no patching required you can do all your online updates the coloured buttons are the same as blackhole but the rest of the buttons have the same functionality as vix, by that i mean channel buttons change the channel yay and no additional epg is required. I don't have a backup I can give you as my son has knicked the box lol but I probably have a backup of 5.1 if you need it. Setting it up is fairly simple. I'm here if you get stuck

degsie
31st May, 2016, 06:00 PM
sorry for the late reply hh I was away for a couple of days.ive never used openatv before,so maybe ur 5.1 backup would be a good starting point to get used to it if u don't mind putting it up

happy_highlander
31st May, 2016, 07:31 PM
I've had a look and the latest backup I have for the uno is from 10 months ago on openatv 5.0 it will still work perfectly but online updates won't work so autobuoquets might be a bit outdated. PM Sent.

degsie
2nd June, 2016, 07:38 AM
Good morning hh I have put openatv backup on and followed the instructions that came with it,line put in etc, but when I try to load bouquets or epg I get the following error message " timeout for tuner lock" both have been configured,any ideas mate.
the set looks great though, will give 5.3 a try later

degsie
2nd June, 2016, 05:46 PM
its ok mate ive sussed it out its because ive not got a cable running to tuner be yet

toysoft
27th December, 2017, 06:52 PM
For VU+ Solo/Duo Ferrari clones, you can upgrade now the board to load original images on your Ferrari Clone box,

Check here for more infos,

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/634392-VU-Boxes-Announcement-the-VU-J-Chip-by-Japhar-!

TS