PDA

View Full Version : VU+ UNO / DUO CLONE FIRMWARE ONLY.

dell_xps
19th February, 2012, 11:45 PM
ONLY PUT CLONE FIRMWARE IN HERE FOR THE VU+ UNO / DUO, THANK YOU.

good place to start is this thread, all credit to Digicon !!
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f193/vu-duo-clone-3-1-1-kernel-update-255713/

RuberDuck
19th February, 2012, 11:58 PM
Technically there is no such thing as clone firmware for any Vu receiver, its all original. The only differences being the kernel version and drivers. Its not like a DMM where the bootloader and drivers are specifically patched.

once you load the latest security IC patch to the box you just load a the image of your choice.

satsmo
20th February, 2012, 12:11 AM
I know and I am only following what the voters have said, by creating stickies from dell's latest posts :)

But that's what I have been trying to say all along.

RuberDuck
20th February, 2012, 12:13 AM
I know mate, it just gives users a false sense of security to see images labeled as clone images when in actuality they are not. especially now that Ferrari have released their new patch for the cloned boxes.

dell_xps
20th February, 2012, 12:48 AM
Some people will buy a clone thinking it's a genuine receiver, without doing much reading they'll dive in and install the latest image on there cloned box, making it an expensive brick.
Yes I know some people are aware there buying a clone, so really this is for people who have just started out, we all started knowing nothing !!
RD I know you are against clones, but as above, some people will think they are buying the genuine box.

zee24
20th February, 2012, 01:49 AM
Once a box is bricked is there anyway way to resurect it?

dell_xps
20th February, 2012, 02:07 AM
Not 100% sure m8, don't think there is a jtag or that out at the moment, but I could be well wrong.

RuberDuck
22nd February, 2012, 03:10 AM
Some people will buy a clone thinking it's a genuine receiver, without doing much reading they'll dive in and install the latest image on there cloned box, making it an expensive brick.
Yes I know some people are aware there buying a clone, so really this is for people who have just started out, we all started knowing nothing !!
RD I know you are against clones, but as above, some people will think they are buying the genuine box.

There are a few inconsistencies with that statement.

1. if you load a kernel 3.1.1 image to a cloned receiver it simply will not boot until you reload with a earlier version image or you flash the box with the IC security update and load the image again. It will not brick the box.

2. and i have said this many many times. I am not against clones providing those people know what there getting them selves into. and frankly i'm getting fed up to the point of actively staying away from the forum / helping in posts because of people making these assumptions about me all the time. Those who have read my posts know my stance.

my point here was to clear up for newer less knowledgeable members that may see a image labeled as a clone image. as i said there are no clone images as the images them selves are not patched or touched in any way, all the patching goes on in the receiver it self. i am just making people aware of this after all why make a cloned box section if not to educate people about clones and how they work ?.

RuberDuck
22nd February, 2012, 03:13 AM
Once a box is bricked is there anyway way to resurect it?

That depends on how you define bricked.

if you flash a 3.1.1 kernel image to a unpatched clone receiver the worst that will happen is the box wont be able to boot with this kernel until you reload a earlier version image.

The only way to properly brick a clone or original Vu for that matter is to botch the bootloader update or as some people on the Ferrari forum have by loading the bootloader for the wrong box to their receiver. This always ends in a receiver that at present can not be repaired clone or original.

dell_xps
22nd February, 2012, 09:55 PM
Did someone not brick there Duo a while back by installing the Uno / Solo firmware on it ?, might be totally wrong.

RuberDuck
22nd February, 2012, 10:26 PM
obviously loading the firmware for the wrong box is not a good idea same as it would be for a dreambox.

freck
25th February, 2012, 07:56 PM

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f193/vu-duo-clone-3-1-1-kernel-update-255713/

Dont think that the VU+Uno is cloned Dell???
VU Solo you mean yeah?
Freck

dell_xps
25th February, 2012, 08:30 PM
Yup, mod will have to change header m8 :-)

digicon
28th February, 2012, 09:39 PM
Please find below for download, I am assuming this is a fix if you brick your box. Bin files enclosed for both Duo & Solo so please read the enclosed Flashing instructions before attempting this procedure.

Thanks again to Ferraricard on Ferrari Forums

meshja
4th May, 2012, 04:00 AM
Tell, please, from what system to update firmware clone Vu+duo, Windows 7 or XP better?

Dub12Dave
4th May, 2012, 12:15 PM
Is there any way to tell a vu+duo clone from an original? If I get a vu+ thinking it is original and it turns out to be a clone is there firmware for this. When I plug in a vu+ is there a way to check the software to see if it is original, Thanks.

benny/9
4th May, 2012, 12:52 PM
Is there any way to tell a vu+duo clone from an original? If I get a vu+ thinking it is original and it turns out to be a clone is there firmware for this. When I plug in a vu+ is there a way to check the software to see if it is original, Thanks.
if you buy a clone and it has a the v2 sticker on it
or you have updated it with the rs232 board and null
modem cable. clone boxes can then use any genuine image
also clones have a sticker with a website to get images they
have tested, original boxes dont have the rs232 board or null cable
with them, just be careful if you buy from the bay it could have had
the sticker the rs232 and null modem cable removed and it could be
a clone. and most important if you want a genuine box,only buy
from recognised vu dealers.

Dub12Dave
4th May, 2012, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the reply benny/9 I am buying this from a guy I kinda know and he insists it's original as it has Blackhole 1.7.3 on it as well as a 1tb hard drive, so if it does have this image on it will it be original? he also said he will open it up and we can both check the insides to have a look at boards etc.

potrobber
5th May, 2012, 11:42 AM
clones run black hole 1.7.3 so why would saying it has 1.7.3 on mean its genuine

not that it is not a real duo but be careful there was pics on here somwhere dell xps put on of real duo check them

mdt
5th May, 2012, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the reply benny/9 I am buying this from a guy I kinda know and he insists it's original as it has Blackhole 1.7.3 on it as well as a 1tb hard drive, so if it does have this image on it will it be original? he also said he will open it up and we can both check the insides to have a look at boards etc.

im not sure if this is true with the duo but the solo clone remote doesnt say vu+ on it were the original does... maybe @RD can confirm it for you?, regards mdt

benny/9
5th May, 2012, 01:02 PM
just be careful between the genuine and clone
the clone vu duo remote does have vu+ on it
but some buttons are in different positions than
the original remote. and i have seen posts saying
he clone works better with a genuine remote but
the one i had worked first class, as for the images
clones once updated use genuine images so dont take
it for granted that the latest image gaurantee's it's a
original box

DOUGALMCD
5th May, 2012, 01:09 PM
Hi you could use return the love plugin on blackhole 1.7.3 to check box is original when he brings it and connects it. I wouldn't try it if it is clone but let him do it. The clone remotes are also a bit clicky compared to real one.

Dub12Dave
5th May, 2012, 04:34 PM
Thanks for all the help guys I now have the box set up and running, as I said earlier I got it from somebody I kinda know and he came last night and opened it up and showed me the insides etc, I have googled for images of original vu+duo and I am happy that it is original. I have been reading about vix images does anyone know if this image is better than the Blackhole images or what image have you got on yours, thanks again for the input.:party :

bloto23
7th May, 2012, 10:49 AM
vix is nice, but i prefer black hole 1.7.3 or 1.7.2 and I running it on made in chaina duo.

Just be carefull with fan option if u set it to stanby run for let say 5s then go off for 1m, it will not work at all.
Just leave the fan option as it is.

If u want to install HDD inside, dont waste your time with 3.5inch as u may reach temp of 60Cels... go with 2.5 inch and temp in my case never go above 30C ;)
I fitted it using bracket for ssd HDD

SG8
8th May, 2012, 03:50 PM
Thanks for all the help guys I now have the box set up and running, as I said earlier I got it from somebody I kinda know and he came last night and opened it up and showed me the insides etc, I have googled for images of original vu+duo and I am happy that it is original. I have been reading about vix images does anyone know if this image is better than the Blackhole images or what image have you got on yours, thanks again for the input.:party :

Did you sell your Openbox yet ???!!

Dub12Dave
9th May, 2012, 08:12 AM
Yeah sold it to some idiot last night LOL :goodpost:

SG8
9th May, 2012, 02:29 PM
Yeah sold it to some idiot last night LOL :goodpost:

Strange that, I bought one off some idiot last night!! Wonder if it was the same idiot you sold it to ???!!

:withstupid:

potrobber
9th May, 2012, 05:50 PM
im not sure if this is true with the duo but the solo clone remote doesnt say vu+ on it were the original does... maybe @RD can confirm it for you?, regards mdt

hi mdt
i just checked the solos i got and controllers are same as genuine all say vu+ on them

as do the duo,s i have but im starting to think these clones are being built in a few different places as i have seen a few posts now with some saying the controllers are not as good as genuine ones

all the controllers i have look no different than any pics i have seen of genuine ones

Dub12Dave
10th May, 2012, 09:00 AM
On a clone box where does it say that it is made? Korea or China. Mine says made in Korea.

benny/9
10th May, 2012, 10:15 AM
the remote on the clone i had there was VU+ at the bottom
but some of the buttons were in different places than
my original vu duo but speaking with other owners of
genuine vu boxes not all the remotes are the same mine
has a white button [tv] at the top left and a black button
[stb] top right other users have a data button top left
and both receivers came from the same dealer, this makes me think
vu buy in remotes from different suppliers. also on the clone front
panel at the bottom right it says DVB-S HD TWIN PVR. on the original
it has DOLBY DIGITAL DVB-S HD PVR and it does'nt say where it was
made anywhere on the box. and the genuine remote is more sensitive than the clone
and i dont have to press as hard on the buttons, when i sold my clone box
i did say to the buyer, i would get a genuine remote but other than this the
clone is as good as the orginal for picture etc:

Dub12Dave
10th May, 2012, 01:59 PM
Thanks again benny/9 luckily mine has the Dolby Digital logo, also the remote control is very good and mine has the TV button bottom left, but I did see somewhere on the box possibly the back of it made in Korea, I will check later and edit this post, Thanks again benny.

cheecemaker
22nd September, 2012, 01:39 PM
Please find below for download, I am assuming this is a fix if you brick your box. Bin files enclosed for both Duo & Solo so please read the enclosed Flashing instructions before attempting this procedure.

Thanks again to Ferraricard on Ferrari Forumsred light in my solo!!!what i have to do???someone please!!

djhot
5th December, 2012, 07:41 PM
thanksss!!!

very interesting for me!!!!

ashley1
6th January, 2013, 10:49 PM
Hi guys want to buy vu+solo a receiver and was wondering is it worth to give money for clone or collect more money and buy an original
I have some knowledge but certainly am not an expert
thank you

murphy1
17th March, 2013, 09:48 PM

Hi,
Any idea on how to do this update?

Thanks

jojo77
10th October, 2014, 08:44 PM
hi does anyone have the apollo / firmware for vu+ duo v3
i thought this was a genuine one when i bought it turns out its not

sexysam
15th October, 2014, 07:38 PM
VU+ and X Website --- Home (http://www.vu-hd.com/en/index.htm)

toysoft
27th December, 2017, 06:54 PM
VU+ Solo Ferrari Clones, now can use ORIGINAL images

Check here for more infos,

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/634392-VU-Boxes-Announcement-the-VU-J-Chip-by-Japhar-!

TS