PDA

View Full Version : BMW 525 TDS E39 (1999) Immo trouble

Stophe20050
20th February, 2012, 03:22 PM
Hello,

This is my first post on this forum and i first present my apologizes for my bad English (because i'm french). When trying to find a solution before posting, i saw there were a lot of experts here.

Here is the point (i'll try to be short):
We have an E39 BMW 535 TDS-A (auto gearbox) from 1999 i bought 1 year ago in Paris.
The cars seemed in good condition and the price was correct regarding the mileage, about 220000 km (sorry for metric usage).
We had very early a lot of mechanical troubles (timing chain, cylinder head gasket, automatic gearbox, fuel pump, oil pressure and so on..)
when we finished the mechanical repairs, i decided to check the car with carsoft then we realized the instrument cluster (IKE) has been modified, the EWS3 indicates 384000 km. we not so surprised then regarding the repairs we had.
We decided to buy PA soft to realign the odometers to the right mileage (ews we think).
Pa soft is great in term of features and interface but we thought there were an error with ews connection it was checked "as ews 2" then we checked ews3.
This is our first error because it is not reversible and now the DDE is not more recognizable. since i'm not able to update ews (locked) we lost keys (motor cranks but does not start anymore).
and i have a lot of recurrent errors either with carsoft or pa soft.

Note i have:
- Pa soft interface with sotfware
- carsoft interface with software
- TSS/Progman/ediabas/inpa with compatible interfaces
- an xprogm-e
- and some others interfaces as kwp/vag kkl/elm and even an uniscan.
- i downloaded ews editor with tnf (as read here)

what seems to miss me now are knowledge.
Can someone guide me in to go out this situation.
let me know if files needed

many thanks
regards

Stophe20050
4th April, 2012, 01:52 PM
hi,
it seems nobody is interested in my post.
In Fact it seems i need to virginize the DDE, i still dont know how (which interface) and i have not the required files.

Ecu is Bosch 0281001373 (7 785 207) ews3 is 61.35-8 387 449 (hw03 sw 06)
thanks in advance

Br

Stophe20050
4th April, 2012, 01:54 PM
could a moderator tell me if my thread should be moved to ECU section?

bram380
16th April, 2012, 07:40 AM
Can you read flash dde & mcu ews3 ?
If key not recognized by ews, you need reset roling code ews or make new key.
If cars can cranks but wont start, you need synch dde to ews.

Stophe20050
22nd April, 2012, 03:07 PM
hello, thanks for answer.
here is my ews dump (xprog)
ecu isn=0427
- algorythm is wrong, all tools see it as ews3 instead of "as ews2"
- all tools see DME instead DDE2.2

how can i dump DDE?

Min2xx
1st May, 2012, 10:39 AM
hello, thanks for answer.
here is my ews dump (xprog)
ecu isn=0427
- algorythm is wrong, all tools see it as ews3 instead of "as ews2"
- all tools see DME instead DDE2.2

how can i dump DDE?

It's EWS3, write this dump, make sychr with INPA, OPS or any BMW tool, and car will start! No need enter ISN!
Regards,

Stophe20050
3rd May, 2012, 09:48 AM
Dear All,

my problem is solved since last sunday, car is starting back. :)

The problem was "the coding data" bytes that were lost when algorithm "ews3" was checked (instead "as ews2") with PA soft in ews coding/reprograming section.

I found it back in a ews_hwxx_sw_xx.bup file automacally stored by pasoft the day of error.
i found the adress (and others not managed by ews editor) by comparing (with excel) the differences between all binaries i have backuped among my research. (ask if you want rough XLS)

I restored it with my excel sheet, i renewed the 3 keys (virgin) FFFFF..FF with EWS editor (check new), then sent to EWS via XPROG-M and the car now start with each keys.

Notes:
once in the car,
The new key (virgin value) detection time is about 4-5 seconds before ews relay click. (good sign :))
Do not unplug the key after ignition off (let ews update the key with km etc.. 10 secs i suppose)
unplug the key and wait 30secs before inserting the next key you want to pair up.

if ews relay does not click, don't waste you starter and battery, it will not boot. in my E39, ews is behind the left glove box (2 screws), listen carefully.

strictely follow this procedure because i noticed the ews/dde (it is a diesel) authorization is valid within this laps and any key (even if not paired) can start the car.

special thanks to Min2xx and Bram380 for their contribution, i'm sorry for answer delays but i'm not notified by mail when you post. (should check my account i suppose)

Dear Min2xx, i'll check anyway your work file in order to confirm mine..

Feel free to benefit this experience i can share, (sure it is only valid for 525tds e39 with ews3.2, but who knows...)
Regards

Stophe20050
3rd May, 2012, 10:05 AM
Hi back min2xx,
i checked your file..
valid for key renewal but algorithm not fixed (see attached)
regards

bram380
3rd May, 2012, 12:10 PM
Old dump at post #5 and #6 have error rolling code on key-02 & key-03.

Here dump with rolling code reset:
8387.449_ews3 hw08_Kostal (https://www.rapidshare.com/files/1497187104/ews22412_new_key_virg_8387.449_hw03_sw08_kostal.ra r)

Stophe20050
3rd May, 2012, 01:40 PM
Thanks Bram380, i'll test your files this evening and i'll keep you informed.
BR