PDA

View Full Version : Try some Staff Training B&Q

Evastar
20th February, 2012, 03:52 PM
i have been looking at heaters recently, couldnt decide between a gas or electric one, anyway decided to get an electric one with a flame effect.

so i looked at a few different ones in a few shops as you do, and went to B&Q this morning.

i wanted to see what the flame effect looked like, as sometimes they look really fake and cheap and i didn't want that.

anyway found the fire display models, none of which were plugged in, and asked a female member of staff could she plug one in for me so i could see what the flame effect looked like.

she said she would get the guy who's department it was, and came back a few minutes later, to inform me that they aren't allowed to plug in the display fires, but if i wanted to buy it and take it home and plug it in, i could bring it back if i didn't like it?!!!!!

so i spoke to the woman at customer services, who informed me that it was a safety issue because sometimes there's no fuses in the plugs? to which i replied all electrical items have to come supplied with fused plugs as standard these days, and she said sometimes the staff remove them to put in other things if a fuse goes? wtf? surely B&Q sell fuses? why on earth would they go and remove a fuse from a display item instead of just taking one off a shelf. she also said that there was a display fire plugged in already and i could look at that one. it was a totally different make and model and was a wall hanging fire, nothing like what i was looking for at all!

anyway after listening to bs from three members of staff, at this stage i finally got someone who was prepared to plug in the fire for half a minute so i could see what it looked like.

it was quite nice, but after all that rigmarole i went back to the previous shop and bought one there. they had half a dozen different models, some already plugged in, and were quite happy to plug another one in so i could compare them.

so come on B&Q, you're supposed to be knowledgeable and helpful? :hmmmm:

Miklo
20th February, 2012, 04:41 PM
Did you mind your b&q's Eva? ;)

gizmo.1484
20th February, 2012, 05:05 PM
B&Q staff most are a waste of time they teach them nothing. I remember one time i was looking for runners for a sliding wardrobe door. I knew they sold the ones i wanted but could not find them. As you get used to where things are they move everything around. So i call one of the staff to help me he says this is not my department i will find the right staff for you. 10mins later he returns with this women, i ask her where they have put these runners. She looks at me and says i don't know where they are, i looked at this the guy with a pissed face and said some help you have been and walked off. I felt like punching him in the face.
I had some other items to pay for, so when i was checking out i thought i would ask him. One phone call i had them in my hands.

tshirtman
20th February, 2012, 06:39 PM
B&Q staff get a profit share bonus twice a year, so it's themselves who loose out, bunch of numpty's.

Evastar
20th February, 2012, 07:03 PM
Well I had a few things to get as well, but didn't buy any of them in b&q. Also will be very hesitant to go back next time I need anything.

cactikid
20th February, 2012, 08:37 PM
ikea may have something,google online first before walking around the store its huge lol

Evastar
20th February, 2012, 08:41 PM
I got one in woodies cacti :)

cactikid
20th February, 2012, 08:54 PM
be surprised at what you can buy in there

patkins
20th February, 2012, 11:49 PM
I was looking for a valve for the fuel supply on our heating system burner and at the local hardware shop the guy took one out of a new similar system as none in stock.
Hope he remembered to replace it.

PS. Isn't B&Q the place where things fall off top shelves and injure people?