d2mike
20th February, 2012, 06:46 PM
Hi DK members,

I need your help :-)

Following environment:
* Audi A4 8E B6
* Already installed and adapted Audi A4 RB4 instrument cluster
* New "used" Audi A4 key with working transponder

The problem is, that I'm not able to learn the used key to the my immo system. VCDS always writes that the key coding is wrong.

Is it because the transponder is locked? I always thought that a tranpsonder only has its transponder id and nothing else?! Do I have to buy another new transponder or is there an alternative workaround?

Thank you so much.

Cheers, d2mike

ovi_dk
20th February, 2012, 06:52 PM
U can learn a new chip in your car,u cant write a used key just if u know the data and write in immo eeprom,thats wath i know abouth rb4 dash and immo.With a new chip prepared u can learn the key in less than a minute.
Maybe sombode alse can explaind u more:)
B.R

d2mike
20th February, 2012, 06:55 PM
Hi,

thanks for you answer.
So, you think, that I will not able to read the transponder id from the used chip and write it in the instrument cluster?!

Damn, I really don't want to open the key ... :(

ovi_dk
20th February, 2012, 09:03 PM
I dont know if u will can program an used transponder.its better if u buy one new transonder and all wil worck ok,
i program one time a used key in new dash,but i dumped new dash with data from old one and all wazet ok.

d2mike
21st February, 2012, 12:50 PM
Mmmmm, does anyone else have a solution? Or is it not possible to learn an used transponder to a car?

I have just read, that when I buy a new transponder I have to prepare it as a so called "Dealer Key". Is this right?

Thanks.

autofan1965
21st February, 2012, 01:37 PM
When key is from this car You can do it only when You adapted dash to ecu(dash save CS from ecu). Other way dont go. When key is not from this car You cant make it because crypto area will be not correct. When You already make adaptation ecu to dash You and You dont save file from ecu then You need change transponder or try unlock it with zedbull.

diga1
21st February, 2012, 08:04 PM
i think the only problem here is that you have to be carefull is to se vich key you have immo II, or immo III, they look te same on outside but use different transponder. so go to

[Select]
[17 - Instruments]
[Meas. Blocks - 08]
Select Block 022.
[Go!]
The value in field 3 must be 1. If value is not 1, the key is not capable of being adapted to Immobilizer.
You can check each key in this manner.