PDA

View Full Version : Please Wait While the motor is turning to xx.x

alecito13
21st February, 2012, 02:41 AM
Hello guys. I am very new on this whole dreambox thingy and I am having trouble trying to use the web-interface to move a dish to a particular satellite. I am able to move it manually, but as soon as I try to use the web interface, I hear a click, but no moves. Also, I keep getting the dreaded "Please wait while the motor is turning..." message.

I read somewhere that I needed to enter my 'latitude and longitude' information, otherwise the box wont know what commands to send to the motor. I have not been able to locate a menu on the dreambox where I can enter that information :-/

I find all this very strange. I understand the box wont know if I am indeed pointing to the 'right direction' but it should be able to turn, say x degrees east...etc.

Ultimately, all I want to do is to write a script that sends urls with the different sat positions and is able to move/scan the different positions, independently of satellite.xml and of whether a known satellite is present at that particular location or not....it is proving a lot harder than I originally thought

Do you guys know where to put the Lat/Long info in the DM500, Also, do you have any other ideas why I wouldn't be able to move the satellite from the web-interface and keep getting the "Please while the motor is turning..."

Thanks in advance guys