PDA

View Full Version : RD Question for you mate

garry1312
21st February, 2012, 12:53 PM
You recently mentioned that ViX team are working on the PQ issue with the ET9X00 range.

I am just wondering if there is any update on this? How long users will wait until they see a release that has resolved this issue.

I have spoken to users that have stopped using the ViX image due to the PQ issue, which I think is a real shame as it is a very good image.

I myself am sticking with the ViX image although the PQ is frustrating me as I have faith in it.

I think it would be good to hear updates on the progress of this if possible as there seems to be no communication regarding the issue that could look as if nothing is being done regarding it.

I know use guys do a great job and work hard. I just think it would be nice to see the ViX image for the ET9X00 get up to the standards of say the ViX image for the Vu's.

The ET9X00 are capable of producing amazing PQ so it is ashame that we are not seen it on a great image. Is there no way use can look at the configuration that the CT images use and implement that in to the ViX image?

Thanks.

RuberDuck
21st February, 2012, 01:24 PM
I personally do not have a xtrend receiver so i tend not to follow the development on that side. at present were getting ready to start testing a newer kernel series on the xtrend receivers and all the updates that go with that.

garry1312
21st February, 2012, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the update. If you can find out any more info mate that would be great.

digicon
21st February, 2012, 07:57 PM
garry1312,

Youre post would also be of help on the Vix forum itself in the ET9x00 section to see if you can gauge any other peoples reaction to Picture quality on not only Vix but also other images.

And a post in the official xtrend forum would also be of benefit probably.

Worth a try

garry1312
21st February, 2012, 08:29 PM
Yes mate I am planning on doing so. was working whe i created this thread but will type up something for both other forums either tonight or tomorrow.