PDA

View Full Version : Is this a clone?

bokkie
21st February, 2012, 06:22 PM
Hi all. I was looking for a vu + duo on ebay and saw one going for ?268.99 delivered, just want to know if anyone can tell by the pics if it's a clone or not?
Not sure if I can post links so I'll post the item number instead.
Just copy and paste into search box and it'll come up.
Can anyone confirm?
Thx all:questionmark:

dell_xps
21st February, 2012, 06:38 PM
Going by pics of remote etc its the real deal, and it does state in the ad its not a clone.
If your still not sure by direct from World OF Satellite, slighlty dearer, but you know it's genuine 100%.
HTH

bokkie
21st February, 2012, 06:43 PM
I also checked the sellers feedback and it's all for purchases, none for selling. I have also sent a message asking him for reassurance. I'll see what he says.

potrobber
21st February, 2012, 07:01 PM
guys this add only came up from clones came about please think about it where did anyone ever see a duo under 300

then when clone where released to uk there is some genuine ones for 250 are you trying to convince yourself or the guy thats selling them?

if he had 8 sold as it says why has no one left feedback for any if they where the real deal ? and what do you mean about the remote being the real deal it the exact same as my clone ones

dell_xps
21st February, 2012, 07:32 PM
I was under the impression the clone remote looked slightly different, as per a clone selling site site my good friend !

dell_xps
21st February, 2012, 07:39 PM
This is the pic I have for a clone remote ?

digicon
21st February, 2012, 07:40 PM
I was under the impression the clone remote looked slightly different, as per the Vu site my good friend !

Nope that remote is identical to mine as well, Not too sure but i think on the solo clones the remote is white and the originals are all now black.

Only way to be sure is to email seller and ask him does it come with the Null modem and IC chip for upgrades if he replies yes then you know 100% deffo its a clone

dell_xps
21st February, 2012, 07:43 PM
Digicon can you post a pic of your remote please ?

digicon
21st February, 2012, 07:44 PM
Heres mine, and lets not all get excited like the last pics i uploaded LOL

digicon
21st February, 2012, 07:44 PM
Great Minds an all that LOL

dell_xps
21st February, 2012, 07:45 PM
Direct from VU website.

dell_xps
21st February, 2012, 07:49 PM
Ok only difference I can see at the minute is the colours in the middle, especially the red button is slightly off centre, might just be the pic ?
Digicon do the colours on the buttons look bang in the middle to you ?

bokkie
21st February, 2012, 07:55 PM
This is the question I asked:

Hi, sorry to ask this but I am a bit wary.
How can I be sure this isn't a clone? I heard that vu have released a bomb in their latest firmware so don't want to take the chance.
Thanks

This is the response I got from the seller:

Hi yes it is true they have released a time bomb within the software, but it has no effect on us, as our receivers are not clones.
If you have any worries we do offer a warranty with us as well as VU so that you deal with us directly instead of communicating with VU who are based in Korea.

Skirting the issue a bit?

potrobber
21st February, 2012, 08:00 PM
dell i had a genuine duo here last week bought of sat-nee and there is no difference in the remotes that i can see the remote in your picture looks more like a blade remote

digicon
21st February, 2012, 08:01 PM
Ok only difference I can see at the minute is the colours in the middle, especially the red button is slightly off centre, might just be the pic ?
Digicon do the colours on the buttons look bang in the middle to you ?

Yes the colours are bang on centred its the Picture sorry about that spur of the moment iphone4s thing

dell_xps
21st February, 2012, 08:07 PM
You cant get in touch with Vu direct, so ignore that one, ask the guy what happens if my power supply blows after 7 months ?, who will fix it, see what he replies with.

mdt
21st February, 2012, 08:24 PM
you have to ask yourself how can this guy under cut W.O.S. by ?50 per duo?.. 99% of the time if a offer seems to good to be true it probably is. regards mdt

bokkie
21st February, 2012, 08:27 PM
TBO I was looking for a clone anyway. I just saw this and If, by some small chance, it is an original. I could probably stretch myself to get that instead.
Problem is, I started out wanting an openbox, then dm800pro, then blade, then dm800se, now vu duo.
Price keeps going up and up.
Reckon ?185 for a clone from aliexpress is going to be what I go for.

bokkie
21st February, 2012, 08:28 PM
TBH, not tbo

mdt
21st February, 2012, 08:43 PM
Problem is, I started out wanting an openbox, then dm800pro, then blade, then dm800se, now vu duo.
Price keeps going up and up.

you might aswell go the whole hog then m8 and get the vu+ultimo for ?520 LOL regards mdt

potrobber
21st February, 2012, 08:49 PM
as mdt says 1 more week m8 and you will talk yourself into ultimo just get a clone ordered before your head goes and you get a dm8000 genuine

bokkie
21st February, 2012, 08:51 PM
Can't order yet, waiting for the cash.
I shoulda just got the openbox a couple of weeks ago!
Wish we could tell difference of clones and genuine.
Chinese are getting to damn good!

bokkie
21st February, 2012, 09:44 PM
Question:

Thank you. So if lets say my power supply blows up in after 7 months, do I contact you or Vu direct?
Is there any way of telling clones from genuine?

Answer:

Hi you deal with VU directly, but I offer a warranty also which allows you to deal with me directly which in that case I would replace the power supply.

dell_xps
22nd February, 2012, 02:47 PM
Avoid !, Vu are inpossible to get in touch with, he is solely
responsible for fixing it, comes with a 2 year warranty also !!

bokkie
5th March, 2012, 12:46 PM
Looks like i did well to avoid that one.
His listing disappeared after i started asking questions, only to resurface a few days ago. Checked this morning and guess what.
2 bad feedback left because he's selling clone receivers but claiming they're genuine. Bloody scammer!
I actually bought a clone, but paid clone price from a seller that admits they're clones.
Budgetmotors5000, you thieving bastard!

RuberDuck
5th March, 2012, 05:22 PM
I was under the impression the clone remote looked slightly different, as per a clone selling site site my good friend !

The remote on the cloned duo's are by and large the same as the originals. it was the remotes on the solo clones that were so different.

basically when the duo first launched it came with a white remote ( as did my own revision 1.3 duo ) which was then discontinued for a black one, by that time the solo was released ( duo came first then the solo ) and the solo carried the black remote. so any white solo remote is a fake as Vu never released a white solo remote.

RuberDuck
5th March, 2012, 05:27 PM
Looks like i did well to avoid that one.
His listing disappeared after i started asking questions, only to resurface a few days ago. Checked this morning and guess what.
2 bad feedback left because he's selling clone receivers but claiming they're genuine. Bloody scammer!
I actually bought a clone, but paid clone price from a seller that admits they're clones.
Budgetmotors5000, you thieving bastard!

well you indeed dodged a bullet on this one, i so know of a few people who have bought clones which were sold as original and the seller kept the rs232 cable / ic chip to further assure his customers the boxes were real.

i dont have a problem with clones my self but those selling clones as original are scum in my opinion.

septicsmurf
5th March, 2012, 06:13 PM
well you indeed dodged a bullet on this one, i so know of a few people who have bought clones which were sold as original and the seller kept the rs232 cable / ic chip to further assure his customers the boxes were real.

i dont have a problem with clones my self but those selling clones as original are scum in my opinion.

My sentiments exactly.
Like I said, I actually ordered a clone, but from someone who sold it for what it was, a clone.
When I emailed him asking if it was a clone and he denied the fact, that's what I have issue with.
Paying nearly ?270 for a clone delivered when he's advertising them as the real thing!
Thieving T**t

dell_xps
5th March, 2012, 07:46 PM
Im sure on his ebay listing he did have original not clone in bold writing !!
Did u go through paypal ?

cactikid
5th March, 2012, 08:34 PM
if that was the said case saying original,then it is not as advertised!

dell_xps
5th March, 2012, 09:21 PM
VU+ Duo Twin Tuner HD LATEST PRODUCT - CHEAPEST ON EBAY ! | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VU-Duo-Twin-Tuner-HD-LATEST-PRODUCT-CHEAPEST-EBAY-/260969660744?pt=UK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL&hash=item3cc3010148#ht_1938wt_1413)

dell_xps
5th March, 2012, 09:23 PM
Above post, clearly staes it's an riginal and not a clone, 2 buyers left neg feedback, saying they are clones.
Report him to Ebay and to Vu peeps !

RuberDuck
5th March, 2012, 09:27 PM
we also offer a 1 Year warranty at an additional cost

how very nice of him

dell_xps
5th March, 2012, 09:30 PM
SCUM !!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dell_xps
5th March, 2012, 09:31 PM
SALE ! - VU DUO TWIN TUNER

Here we have probably the best satellite receiver that supports ANY FIRMWARE OF YOUR CHOICE.

The specification is written below however, from experience an individual searching to purchase this receiver would be someone who has quite a lot of knowledge in what this box can do and offer to you and your needs therefore, I am not going to bother writing all the sales pitches like the rest of the people selling this box on eBay.

I am selling the box brand new, each unit will be opened once by me so that I can confirm all parts are indeed where they should be and to flash VIX Team latest image along with the latest motorised channel list. we do offer internalSATA Hard drives (500GB 5400 RPM 2.5 INCH) we also offer a 1 Year warranty at an additional cost . If you wish to add the warranty we will send out a 'like for like' replacement for any faulty product we sell.

The box is Black and comes with a black remote as shown in the pictures. If you wish to come and pick it up locally or pay by cash then you may. Please do not hesitate to contact me via telephone or mail for more information or any queries.

Thanks 07534020595

WE DO NOT ASSOCIATE WITH FREE PAY TV OR IMPLY THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE FREE SUBSCRIPTION TV USING THIS RECEIVER.

FAQ

Price non negotiable !

Not a clone !

Receiver does come with a warranty !

Specifications:

Open-source Linux operating system
Broadcom Mips processor m
Twin DVB-S2 Tuner
MPEG2 / H.264 Hardware decoding (DVB compliant)
16 digit alphanumeric VFD Display
2 x Common Interface slots
2 x smartcard reader (Conax Embedded)
10/100 Mbps Ethernet interface
3 x USB2.0 (1xFront/2xBack)
1 x internal SATA connection for HDD (not included)
1 x E-SATA
1 x V.24/RS232
HDMI Interface
2 x Scart
1 x YPrPb
1 x optical S / PDIF for digital audio transmission
Channel change <1 seconds
EPG (electronic program guide)
Plugin support (JPEG, MP3, XviD ...)
Support of Bouquet lists
Multi language OSD, Skin - Support
Fully automatic, Manual Channel Search
Videotext Teletext
DiSEqC 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 including USALS
Video:

Video resolution (720 x 576 lines), 576p, 720p, 1080i
Video decoding MPEG-2, MPEG-4 compatible
Input data rate 2-45 MSymb / s
S/N> 53 dB
Audio:

Decoding AC 3, MPEG-4 (AAC-HE), MPEG-1, Layer 1, 2 and 3
32/44.1/48 kHz sampling rate
S/N > 65 dB
Power consumption:

<25W (in operation, horizontal /) 400mA LNB current
<20W (in operation, without LNB)
<1W (Deep-Standby-Mode)
100-240 Volts 50-60 Hz

septicsmurf
5th March, 2012, 10:24 PM
I've messaged him, challenging him on the fact that he's selling clones advertised as genuine, and guess what?
No response!
Feel sorry for the people who have handed over there hard earned cash, thinking they're getting a good deal only to realise.............

cactikid
5th March, 2012, 10:52 PM
are all the vu receivers originals come with a 2 year warranty?

RuberDuck
5th March, 2012, 10:56 PM
by EU law you have a 2 year warranty as standard the UK on the other hand allows retailers to opt out of the 2 year warranty but they must provide a minimum of 1 year. as for this moron saying he will provide a 1 year warranty at a extra price. ebay them selves provide the 1 year warranty cover on electrical items such as this so he's blatantly taking the piss and trying to rip people off even further.

dell_xps
5th March, 2012, 11:10 PM
He's Kindly added a phone number m8, give him a phone, or get Ann Robinson to give him a wee phone :-)

bokkie
6th March, 2012, 11:22 AM
I messaged him, asking why he had 2 negative feedback saying his receivers were clones.
His response, they are customers disgruntled for other reasons.
My receivers are not clones.
lying, thieving, scum. IMHO