PDA

View Full Version : is this possible?

septicsmurf
22nd February, 2012, 12:55 PM
Hello everyone.
I would like to setup a multi lnb to receive, if possible, 9e, 13e, 19.2e and 28.2e.
I don't want a dish bigger than 80cm, preferrably mesh and don't want a motor as sky will be hooked up seprate to my other receiver and needs connection for recording, etc.
I am not allowed a dish bigger than 80cm due to building regs and am only allowed 1 dish.
would this setup be possible on say an iss 80 cm?
If yes what would be best regarding brackets, lnb, etc.
Ill have a quad for 28.2, just singles for the rest.:questionmark:
monoblock for 9e and 13e or 2 slim feed lnb?
I live in the south east with no obstructions, so no problem there.
Any thoughts?
Thx

ramjet
22nd February, 2012, 02:06 PM
Hello everyone.
I would like to setup a multi lnb to receive, if possible, 9e, 13e, 19.2e and 28.2e.
I don't want a dish bigger than 80cm, preferrably mesh and don't want a motor as sky will be hooked up seprate to my other receiver and needs connection for recording, etc.
I am not allowed a dish bigger than 80cm due to building regs and am only allowed 1 dish.
would this setup be possible on say an iss 80 cm?
If yes what would be best regarding brackets, lnb, etc.
Ill have a quad for 28.2, just singles for the rest.:questionmark:
monoblock for 9e and 13e or 2 slim feed lnb?
I live in the south east with no obstructions, so no problem there.
Any thoughts?
Thx

monoblock is no good , you need the dish, an lnb rack suitable for the dish , a quad lnb on 28.2e and single slimline lnb,s for 19e , 13e and 9e

I would think its certainly possible as I have something similar but with 5e and not 9e on an 80cm triax dish but I am not using slimline lnb,s and am actually using 3 sly quads for 28e , 19e and 13e and a single lnb just for 5e

dick b
22nd February, 2012, 02:16 PM
see no probs with that setup. if you use 19.2E as prime that will leave a 10.2 spread one side and 9 the other.the 28.2 lnb will need to be a bit higher than the 19.2 one the 13 can be the same height and the nine a bit lower,there are various ways to acheive this I used a second piece of rail on my setup but you can also bend the rail if its the right type or tilt the whole bracket,its just trial and error. I used alps bullet nosed lnbs for all four sats as I needed to get 3degree seperation on 3 of them and only 4 on the other.
the dish in the pic is an 85cm gibertini fitted with a gibertini multi lnb bracket.the 4 lnbs feed into a 4way diseqc switch bolted to the dish bracket.I set the whole thing up on a tempory pole at ground level as this made it real easy to fine tune the LNBs I then just had to align it to 16E in its final position and the rest fell into place.If you can squeeze the extra 5cm get the gibertini they are a good dish.

septicsmurf
22nd February, 2012, 02:28 PM
Thx guys. Any dish recommendations, preferrably mesh, no bigger than 80. Maybe ids or orbital?

blueflash234
22nd February, 2012, 04:38 PM
orbitals a good make have a 1m and a 58cm both perform well

dctyper
22nd February, 2012, 06:37 PM
i use one of these bad boys

PULSAT.COM - WAVE FRONTIER 55CM TOROIDAL DISH - SATELLITE TV DISHES & BRACKETS (http://www.pulsat.com/products/Wave-Frontier-55CM-Toroidal-Dish.html)

dc

septicsmurf
22nd February, 2012, 07:35 PM

PULSAT.COM - WAVE FRONTIER 55CM TOROIDAL DISH - SATELLITE TV DISHES & BRACKETS (http://www.pulsat.com/products/Wave-Frontier-55CM-Toroidal-Dish.html)

dc

I looked at them as well. Isn't it right though that you get the equivalent of a 55cm dish over a 40 degree arc?

Would that mean that weaker sats like 16e wouldn't be any good on this dish?

It's also quite a monster of a dish, I'm after the slightly more reserved look, Lol
That's why I'm looking at mesh dishes

septicsmurf
22nd February, 2012, 07:44 PM
Or how about a maximum e85. Not many about but apparently they come preset with 5 lnb holders from 0.8w to 28e.
Not quite as bulky as the wave frontier

dctyper
22nd February, 2012, 07:49 PM
I looked at them as well. Isn't it right though that you get the equivalent of a 55cm dish over a 40 degree arc?

Would that mean that weaker sats like 16e wouldn't be any good on this dish?

It's also quite a monster of a dish, I'm after the slightly more reserved look, Lol
That's why I'm looking at mesh dishes

i havent had an issue picking any sats up. 1 chap on here has 8 lnb's on it

dc

blueflash234
23rd February, 2012, 09:28 AM
m8 i know you are looking at fixed lnb's but why not consider a 80 cm dish with a motor it would be a much neater installation and if you have good access to south facing wall you would pick up many additional satellites as well as the ones you require it may even be cheaper than having multi lnb installation

blueflash234
23rd February, 2012, 09:56 AM

dc

dctyper,how easy are these dishes to set up,how many lnb's do you have on it??

bokkie
23rd February, 2012, 10:30 AM
Those wave frontiers are mean looking bas****s aren't they!

septicsmurf
23rd February, 2012, 10:41 AM
[QUOTE=blueflash234;1464063]m8 i know you are looking at fixed lnb's but why not consider a 80 cm dish with a motor it would be a much neater installation and if you have good access to south facing wall you would pick up many additional satellites as well as the ones you require it may even be cheaper than having multi lnb installation[/QUOTE

I can only have 1 dish and need a constant feed to sky for series link recording, etc.
if my missus missed glee or desperate housewives becAuse i moved the dish...... doesn't bear thinking about.
Also concerned of motor noise as it'll be attachd ib a wall just outside a bedroom.

cyberpunx
4th March, 2012, 08:27 PM
thanks for the info lads i really appreciate this . I am trying as a newbie to set up 28e 19e and 13e, with an old sly dish although ive seen it done diy i was thinking of adding the real lnb holder etc 1:could i ask is this possible.?
2: would i be able to just switch over the old one off sky quad lnb , add that to the multi one along with 2 other lnb's?
am i overstretching it as a newbie sat installer.?
i am a spark who enjoys electronics so i have good electrical knowledge etc.?
also having probs streaming web x tv on DM500s to my dads computer to let him watch tv.?
i can get it all set up signal in my dads pc ok. but just will not play the stream ive tried about 3 images best so far pli jade. running ccam 214.
any ideas or pointers on that appreciated . again thanks in advance.

firstly and foremost is the sat lnb's though.

ramjet
4th March, 2012, 08:35 PM
thanks for the info lads i really appreciate this . I am trying as a newbie to set up 28e 19e and 13e, with an old sly dish although ive seen it done diy i was thinking of adding the real lnb holder etc 1:could i ask is this possible.?
2: would i be able to just switch over the old one off sky quad lnb , add that to the multi one along with 2 other lnb's?
am i overstretching it as a newbie sat installer.?
i am a spark who enjoys electronics so i have good electrical knowledge etc.?

any ideas or pointers on that appreciated . again thanks in advance.

firstly and foremost is the sat lnb's though.

it can be done with a zone 2 59cm dish in england for sure , but I found that I had to change the lnb arm for a longer one I made myself, and use a gilbertini lnb rack bolted to it

as for lnb,s , if you use the newer type that are round when the holder is removed they will work fine if you wind some black electrical tape around the neck/collar to pack it out a bit before placing in the holder

you can use sinles , quads and octo providing they are rounded on that collar , no lugs like on the older lnb,s

they have had so many different types of collars and lnb,s its impossible to say if yours will work without inspection, but the point here is they must be round , no lugs and fit in the lnb holders on the rack

getting hold of a longer lnb arm isnt easy though

mdt
5th March, 2012, 12:01 AM
get yourself a td78 and a triax multi bracket with inverto ultra lnb,s and a switch... you can get the lot for about ?100, if you can stretch to ?130 then a gibby 85cm with bracket instead. either of these 2 set-ups if set up correctly will give you years of trouble free multi-sat viewing. regards mdt