PDA

View Full Version : Blocked S2 ?

manster
25th February, 2012, 03:26 PM
I bought an S2 last weekend running virgin and took it to be unlocked to Orange . After unlocking it will not run any sim card at all the phone is fine but it cannot make or recieve calls , The guy at the shop says it is probably blocked and he cannot do anything with it . Is there any way to unblock it ?

happy_highlander
25th February, 2012, 03:39 PM
I bought an S2 last weekend running virgin and took it to be unlocked to Orange . After unlocking it will not run any sim card at all the phone is fine but it cannot make or recieve calls , The guy at the shop says it is probably blocked and he cannot do anything with it . Is there any way to unblock it ?

Not if it's been reported as lost or stolen. It will still work abroad though

manster
25th February, 2012, 04:27 PM
I have been reading up about Imei numbers being reset by flashing is this possible ? inbox me please if it not allowed on the main forums

mirkins
25th February, 2012, 05:36 PM
Hi Manster,

do you have any signal bars showing on the handset?

If not try a network search.

If still not working and you are unable to find the network it sounds like you hae a blacklisted handset.

manster
25th February, 2012, 07:42 PM
it finds networks and you can connect to orange but when you try to make a call it says Network unavailable ?

haribo
25th February, 2012, 07:54 PM
its imei blocked in the UK then im pretty sure.
you can only use abroad

happy_highlander
25th February, 2012, 07:56 PM
it finds networks and you can connect to orange but when you try to make a call it says Network unavailable ?

Go to settings then about phone and look at the imei number. If this is all zeros then this has happened for two possible reasons. First and most likely is that they have been reset while trying to unlock the network (this is a known problem) which is why it is recommend to root first and back up the imei file before attempting unlock...The other reason and just as likely is that the handset had been reported lost/stolen and blocked. You have never mentioned if this worked before you tried to unlock it

manster
25th February, 2012, 08:13 PM
it has an imei number it is not all zero's . I didnt use the phone before it was unlocked .

happy_highlander
25th February, 2012, 09:32 PM
it has an imei number it is not all zero's . I didnt use the phone before it was unlocked .

It is sounding like haribo is correct then if you still have an imei number and can't use a sim from the phones provider then it is more than likely blocked by the provider for whatever reason.

manster
26th February, 2012, 09:29 AM
It is sounding like haribo is correct then if you still have an imei number and can't use a sim from the phones provider then it is more than likely blocked by the provider for whatever reason.
if it has been blocked could it not be reflashed ?

happy_highlander
26th February, 2012, 11:28 AM
if it has been blocked could it not be reflashed ?

Flashing only changes software it is the imei that had been blocked. It can have the imei reset but I don't know who or how to do it, I do know that if you go down that route both you the user and whoever changes imei are liable for criminal prosecution. You could always call the provider and ask them to unblock the handset.

manster
27th February, 2012, 08:58 AM
Well I am ?200 down so that is a risk I am willing to take , Does anyone in thwe Wigan/Leigh area do this and how much would they charge me , Pm me please .

Thanks in advance

manster
29th February, 2012, 12:27 PM
Bought it for ?200 sold it to be used abroad for ?100. I hope I bump into the person who sold it to me .

madmanmadman
29th February, 2012, 03:53 PM
Yep, people do things like that all the time. You should check te next phone you buy befor buing it ;)