PDA

View Full Version : Configuring com ports for DAS Xentry

florinyes
26th February, 2012, 06:14 PM
Hi

Having this problem for a long while but never managed to ask:

I have a Dell D630 installed Das Xentry all fine, but when it comes to configure com port I have only port: COM1

Configuring this to: COM2 , 115200 etc still not working..

I also have a Panasonic Thoughbook CF-19 that has 2 COM port enabled and that works fine if disable COM2 and reconfigure COM1 as COM2.

Any idea anyone?

Thanks

yuuki
26th February, 2012, 09:57 PM
Hi

Having this problem for a long while but never managed to ask:

I have a Dell D630 installed Das Xentry all fine, but when it comes to configure com port I have only port: COM1

Configuring this to: COM2 , 115200 etc still not working..

I also have a Panasonic Thoughbook CF-19 that has 2 COM port enabled and that works fine if disable COM2 and reconfigure COM1 as COM2.

Any idea anyone?

Thanks

Before you install the DAS, the setting of the COMPORT How was.

I feel like a bad OS that will be.

:stupid:

florinyes
27th February, 2012, 10:38 AM
Before installing das was same..
Just installed XP again and same shite? Bios is funny enough on the Dells...I can see 4 port on Bios but only one enabled and can't figure how to reconfigure?

yuuki
27th February, 2012, 11:00 AM
Before installing das was same..
Just installed XP again and same shite? Bios is funny enough on the Dells...I can see 4 port on Bios but only one enabled and can't figure how to reconfigure?

Check once again the settings in the BIOS, if all else fails is, what if you try to reinstall the OS?

Please check the SERIAL port settings in the BIOS.

If there is any photo is easy to understand.

Good Luck!!:top:

florinyes
27th February, 2012, 11:09 AM
I've reinstalled XP and same story..

yuuki
27th February, 2012, 11:11 AM
I've reinstalled XP and same story..

Nevertheless, it can not be helped when amusing.

Good Luck!!:top:

florinyes
27th February, 2012, 06:22 PM
Hi

I think my problem is not com port configuration but das software.. IS this new das 01.2012 that I've installed and doing this..

Is it right compact 4 in registry?

Cheers

DB_member
27th February, 2012, 06:25 PM
Hi

I think my problem is not com port configuration but das software.. IS this new das 01.2012 that I've installed and doing this..

Is it right compact 4 in registry?

Cheers

Mine works fine, with Compact4 in registry. Could still be your DAS installation.

florinyes
27th February, 2012, 06:29 PM
Done allready 4 fresh installs on two laptops and followed this guide http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f154/das-xentry-11-2011-installation-247176/

I can't hear any relay clicking on mux when tries to connect to car..so i just think something withing the software..