PDA

View Full Version : Extra 3gb for Dropbox

Lyrrad
27th February, 2012, 12:22 PM
download this file (https://www.box.net/shared/kbbtqairu69zm2dfo3qs)

Just uninstall Dropbox app on any android phone then use downloaded version. You will now have an extra 3gb.

After you have received extra 3gb you should uninstall this modded version of Dropbox and reinstall Dropbox from market. You will still have extra 3gb

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

happy_highlander
27th February, 2012, 12:29 PM
Do I need to have drop box installed first to get my normal storage amount first or does this just raise the normal storage to 3 gb

Lyrrad
27th February, 2012, 12:34 PM
Do I need to have drop box installed first to get my normal storage amount first or does this just raise the normal storage to 3 gb

I had 2gb free plus 3 x 250mb for refferals. I have now got just under 6gb (2 + 3 +.25+.25+.25)

If you have never had dropbox before you could use this link (http://db.tt/dOZFwRk). It will give us both an extra 250mb. you will then have 2 + 3gb plus the extra 250mb by using my refferal.

If you already have an account then just uninstall from phone and use the apk from download. It will add 3gb to your existing quota.

If refferal links are not allowed then download from here. (https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?src=index). Either way you will have a minimum of 5gb

happy_highlander
27th February, 2012, 07:36 PM
How long does it normally take for the 3gb to be added m8

Lyrrad
27th February, 2012, 08:13 PM
Should be straight away.

happy_highlander
27th February, 2012, 08:36 PM
Should be straight away.

It's working perfect mate because I was a new user I hadn't completed the 5 tasks so now I have 2gb starter 250mb referall 250mb 5 tasks 3gb from link and 500mb for new user auto sink 6gb in total. Well chuffed even though the 3gb only lasts for 12 months

Lyrrad
28th February, 2012, 02:13 AM
Ouch I didn't realise extra 3gb only lasts for 1 year.

Did you look at my other post for box that gives 50GB for life rather than standard 5gb. Not as good as Dropbox but still worth having as it is possible to use in a similar fashion to Dropbox if used with other syncing apps for Android

happy_highlander
28th February, 2012, 09:23 AM
Ouch I didn't realise extra 3gb only lasts for 1 year.

Did you look at my other post for box that gives 50GB for life rather than standard 5gb. Not as good as Dropbox but still worth having as it is possible to use in a similar fashion to Dropbox if used with other syncing apps for Android

I have had a look mate but the file limit size could be a ball ache. With that much storage space you going to be tempted to stick films on it. And I do like the public sharing from dropbox even to to others that don't have it. It will be ideal for sticking a file in that is too big to upload to dk then just sending a pm with the link. Out will be interesting to sew what the download speeds are, I was getting 350kb/s on upload last night during that autosync which by the way has now boosted my storage up to 6.5 gb, rep will be added mate when I'm not using tapatalk

Lyrrad
28th February, 2012, 10:23 AM
I have had a look mate but the file limit size could be a ball ache. With that much storage space you going to be tempted to stick films on it. And I do like the public sharing from dropbox even to to others that don't have it. It will be ideal for sticking a file in that is too big to upload to dk then just sending a pm with the link. Out will be interesting to sew what the download speeds are, I was getting 350kb/s on upload last night during that autosync which by the way has now boosted my storage up to 6.5 gb, rep will be added mate when I'm not using tapatalk

Yeah file size is the problem with Box. You can public share though as I have on this download.

Captin
28th February, 2012, 11:57 AM
Thanks, it works. After this and doing the beta test I now have 14gb. :)

happy_highlander
28th February, 2012, 01:03 PM
Yeah file size is the problem with Box. You can public share though as I have on this download.

To be honest mate it is mainly for the sharing with all the usual places either having disappeared, stopped sharing or hugely reduced the free account speed. I don't really need anymore mobile storage. I already have 40gb on my phone between the internal and sd and have another 16 gb on a pretec idisk on my keyring. So I can can chop and change what I want to share without too much trouble having unlimited data without fair usage on my phone. I know about dropbox copyright terms but what can they do with a pass protected rar file that doesn't state it's real contents lol