PDA

View Full Version : too close to call? motorised dish...

thevilla1
27th February, 2012, 04:56 PM
gday again!... man i didnt think pointing a dish at another sat would be such a pain in the arse! as you all know... women will
not allow a large dish on the front of the house.. i dont know why..its genetic!

the front of my house points pretty much directly south... give me an ongoing problem....

all i want is skyuk.. which i have... and every..or most...villa games live ...probably via viasat..so to speak.

so 28.2e & 4.8e so to much of a span for multi lnb..(so ive found out). so motor is my only option...

cant go on the chimney..apparently ... building regs etc.. so the only other option is where i hve my dish now...on a pole in the back garden.....this leads to another problem....height of house...do i really need a chimney! :) i`ll upload pics if i can...im hoping for a..."dont worry it will work"...

dick b
27th February, 2012, 05:19 PM
yeah I think that will work a treat you have plenty of distance from the house.only way to find out try it,do a temp set up but I have no probs with this dish.I know its raised up but there is quite a strong slope away from the house.dish is 12mt from house wall.gets from 45E to 30W

Elric
27th February, 2012, 05:20 PM
could you not mount the dish onto a pole then onto the back of the house

southpaw
27th February, 2012, 05:25 PM
basically if you putting your dish there it must not be less than 12m lower than chimney, how tall is the house, deduct 12m an you need to mount dish atleast a meter above that figure, hope that makes sense, bear in mind that's with your dish at end of garden, moved closer to house will mean you need more height
Btw, your average 2storey house is 8m so you be fine

thevilla1
27th February, 2012, 05:57 PM
thanks all...:) thats what i wanted to hear!!

cant get to the back of the house...verandah thing with plastic roof..cant stand on it.

im borrowing a mates old dish to play with...see what i can pick up with a 60cm dish pointing a various sats..( i realise viasat wont work with 60cm) just wanna have a play without moving my dish.

im gonna have the dish about 8ft high on a pole to make sure it well clear of 6ft fence panels...with climbing bushes etc..

time to order stuff!!!! :)

thanks again