PDA

View Full Version : Universal Truck Diagnostics....

nycautodiags
27th February, 2012, 07:43 PM
Hi Guys:)
I was wondering if someone heard of a UNiversal truck Diagnostic program capable of automated diagnostics?
you can preset all the tests you want and it will run it
for you...for 45 minutes????
The guy walks into my shop...and tries to sell it to me....
wont let me do a demo....and is asking outrageous money....
the only thing he said ...it comes from hong kong?

he said the closest program to it...is (Field Works ? Field Worx)
cant find any info on this....if anybody know anything...please get back to me....thanx

ukge4122
28th February, 2012, 02:16 PM
Hey,

If this guy wouldn't let you demo it its no good. A true person who sells tools would have given you a demo and shown you all the capabilities, I think he is out to rip you off, that's my personal opinion.

When running tests their are certain criteria that must be met, such as temperature, acceleration... etc

Stick to the Factory tools on DK using the Nexiq adapter.... you should be good once doing trucks. If you need to do other trucks, such as European and Asian, try something like Autocom as its very cheap, and their are many cables for it.

dimitar22
28th February, 2012, 03:56 PM
Hey,

If this guy wouldn't let you demo it its no good. A true person who sells tools would have given you a demo and shown you all the capabilities, I think he is out to rip you off, that's my personal opinion.

When running tests their are certain criteria that must be met, such as temperature, acceleration... etc

Stick to the Factory tools on DK using the Nexiq adapter.... you should be good once doing trucks. If you need to do other trucks, such as European and Asian, try something like Autocom as its very cheap, and their are many cables for it.

Many cables for auto com as far as i know but most of them are faulty with wrong pinouts.