PDA

View Full Version : Red Standby Light Only ** Brand New Box **

ppppeanut
27th February, 2012, 11:31 PM
Hi

Really need some help here

Ive just recieved a vu+ duo pluged it in all excited and nothing happens, Only the red standby light comes on

Should the box come with an image pre installed?

Any ideas how to get it running or is the box faulty?

Thank you in advance

dell_xps
28th February, 2012, 12:25 AM
Yup, looks like the image might be corrupt somehow, re-install the image again.
Is it a clone or an original ?, also if you have a hard drive connected, disconnect it then try booting it first b4 doing the above !!

potrobber
28th February, 2012, 09:07 AM
hi

if this is a clone duo remove the cover and check all the wire connectors are pluged in from psu to main board and make sure they are all pushed firmly into place

digicon
28th February, 2012, 09:41 PM
Hi

Ive just recieved a vu+ duo pluged it in all excited and nothing happens, Only the red standby light comes on

Thank you in advance

I have posted the Fix for this in the Clone Download files please read the enclosed instructions before attempting the procedure to fix your box.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f187/vu-uno-duo-clone-firmware-only-256589/#post1471400

Regards

j1mgg
28th February, 2012, 10:00 PM
Hi

Thank you in advance

Hi, sorry I can't help your problem, but is this a clone?

Just wondering if people are passing them off as originals and also let's us know how it is as I am possibly going to sell my original to get a clone.

sossybaby
28th February, 2012, 10:16 PM
had the same problem with mine.
gave the lid a sharp tap and the vfd came on.

potrobber
28th February, 2012, 10:45 PM
had the same problem with mine.
gave the lid a sharp tap and the vfd came on.

m8 open the lid and push the connections all home tight

i am checking every clone i get now as ive had a couple where the wire connections going to main board are not pushed fully home

contemptx
2nd March, 2012, 06:56 PM
same here, although the build quality in my opnion is far better than the DM800 clone, as there new they will still have a shabby production line until they are more established or more equiped factories start to make them.

so far ive just had a couple of slanty displays, other than that they have been pretty good.

gibbo74
2nd March, 2012, 08:44 PM
talking about clones ive got one and the remote doesnt seem to be working correctly i get the channel list up and it freezes on bbc1 ni and wont do anything any ideas?