PDA

View Full Version : just a few questions...

clippert
29th February, 2012, 06:52 PM
Hi

Lots of great info on this site - been reading up for the last few days - just had my vu+ duo delivered today. I've not got the big dish and motor up yet but could i hook it up to the 45cm dish and get all the fta channels and set some basic settings (or even flash the box)?

Do the channels for the various satellites come pre loaded onto the box or thinking about it i would have to locate the satellite and do a search for the channels?

Would it be best to flash the box first with vix or whatever and then set up the dish? I'm thinking if i set up the box and dish before flashing it would i have to set the whole thing up again once i have flashed it?

Might seem a silly question this, but in the tutorials for flashing the box it is always mentioned the the box has to be turned on and off - do i do this using the standby button or the switch on the back of the box that will power it off completely?

When flashing vix 2.3 the tutorial mentions the box can be bricked unless the new bootloader/kernel is flashed - is there anywhere in the box i can check to see that the new bootloader is definately on ?

Is there anywhere in the box that i can set how far the dish moves? wouldn't want it whacking off the wall!

thanks in advance for any help

this is gonna be a fun few days/weeks :laugh:

alec
29th February, 2012, 08:49 PM
Just connect it to the sky dish, and get some experience with the image it came with. You can then take your time setting up the motorised dish, reading, and experimenting.