PDA

View Full Version : Vista Problem Connected but not connected

Anup509
15th January, 2009, 11:20 PM
I am running Windows Vista Ultimate, and i got belkin router, i try to connect wireless router, When i first connected the router, it connected and then when it asked to select Network Type eg Home, Work .. I closed that windows and then i checked the connection but it had an cross, i went into Network and Shareing Center, the dia gram had a red cross, the laptop was connected to router but router was not connected to internet... this is how the diagram was

ANUP-PC --------- BELKIN ------X------ INTERNET

Could anyone help me please.

Lanxman
15th January, 2009, 11:26 PM
probably the first thing you have done mate but have you tried diagnosing the connection problem (right click on the internet icon in the system tray then select diagnose connection problem)

Anup509
15th January, 2009, 11:27 PM
I did, but it says theres no problem, but i still got the same problem :(

Lanxman
15th January, 2009, 11:31 PM
you have the cables in the right place too I presume the cable from the modem in the modem port in your router? If everthing there is correct maybe try restting both your modem and router at the same time or unplugging them both from the mains leaving it a few seconds and then plugging them back in again. I have had problems with wireless routers too (pain in the ass aren't they?)

Anup509
15th January, 2009, 11:40 PM
My Router is downstaits, ill give it a try 2mrw mrnin, Thanx alot 4 ur help, u gt ne other suggestion then let me know ok. Thanx again... :d

dasteph
16th January, 2009, 12:01 AM
are you sure the cable from the modem is in the lan port on your router.

Anup509
16th January, 2009, 06:17 PM
Yes i connected it all right, it works fine in another laptop, in the laptop wer i gt the problem, i just 4gt to click Home button when it asked me to select network type

http://lbis.kenyon.edu/files/u18/vista_set_network_location2.jpg

this is the sceen i closed. I didnt select anything, now i got this in network shareing

ANUP-PC --------- BELKIN ------X------ INTERNET

You fink the problem is because i didnt select anything from that screen?

dasteph
16th January, 2009, 07:50 PM
1 laptop you say links to internet 1 does not can you compare settings in the 1 that does with the other 1 and see if there is a variation.

kiko_uk
18th January, 2009, 11:24 PM
all you need to do is reset your adapter and release your ip address. open upo a command prompt and type ipconfig /release

Anup509
20th January, 2009, 10:59 PM
ooo ill giv da a try den ill let u know if it wrks.. Fanxxx :D:D:D

Anup509
22nd January, 2009, 08:21 PM
K nw i gt it 2 connect, sumtimes it connect, i get the globe on wireless logo nxt 2 da time, but internet doesnt work, and then again it gets disconnected. I dnt know wots happenin? HELP ME PLEASE!!!

dale094
6th May, 2009, 02:04 PM
have you tried clearing your cach

mulji19
11th May, 2009, 06:02 PM
Anup Can say 2 U connect direct via USB Cable
That Is ALL