PDA

View Full Version : First Box!

iGame
1st March, 2012, 09:09 PM
Hello,
So I am interested in doing my first box, I have been looking around and I have spotted the DM 500S, I am looking for a cheap box this fits my requirement but I need to clear up some things before I purchase it. OK lets starts

1. What is the difference between a orignal and a clone box?
2. What firmware image do I flash the DM 500S with, then how do I install CCCam?
3. How hard is it? , I am very smart with computers and laptops but never done anything like this before
4. What Tools will I need?
5. I already have one box in my house, and I only have a single LNB, will I be required to install a new lnb then wire it too my new box?
6. What is the cheapest reliable UK cccam server I can find?
7. What is a Sky Bouquets>
8. Last quesion so don't worry :P, is it hard to setup my own CCCam server, what do I need. (Apart from a Dedicated SErver)

I know I have got many question, when it comes to boxes I am a complete noob!

Thanks for your help!

SGTFlipFlop
1st March, 2012, 10:46 PM
First of all there are HD boxes you can get cheap as chips, Unless you have no interest in HD go for the DM500

1. What is the difference between a original and a clone box?
Price, quality are almost identical
2. What firmware image do I flash the DM 500S with, then how do I install CCCam?
Depends there are many images, Pli, Gemini - Most images have a download section to install cams, like cccam, oscam etc
3. How hard is it? , I am very smart with computers and laptops but never done anything like this before -
Do plenty of reading and is very easy to pickup, There are far to many people around that think they just need to install an image and that is it, Files need updated etc, so if you have a good read its easy to pickup
hammer, chizel, na lol Dreamboxedit, Dreamup, RS232 cables
5. I already have one box in my house, and I only have a single LNB, will I be required to install a new lnb then wire it too my new box?
Not allowed to discuss this here
Bouquets are channel files sorted out into an order so easily manageable
8. Last quesion so don't worry :P, is it hard to setup my own CCCam server, what do I need. (Apart from a Dedicated SErver)
Never done this someone else might be able to answer

iGame
2nd March, 2012, 09:13 AM
Thanks for your response, Could you please tell me more on point 3, what else would I have to do it was be awesome if you could attach a tutorial and sorry for talking about **cam

iGame
5th March, 2012, 08:55 AM
Bump!

Still need a bit of help!

iGame
7th March, 2012, 07:22 PM
First of all there are HD boxes you can get cheap as chips, Unless you have no interest in HD go for the DM500

1. What is the difference between a original and a clone box?
Price, quality are almost identical
Depends there are many images, Pli, Gemini - Most images have a download section to install cams, like cccam, oscam etc
3. How hard is it? , I am very smart with computers and laptops but never done anything like this before -
Do plenty of reading and is very easy to pickup, There are far to many people around that think they just need to install an image and that is it, Files need updated etc, so if you have a good read its easy to pickup
hammer, chizel, na lol Dreamboxedit, Dreamup, RS232 cables
Not allowed to discuss this here
Bouquets are channel files sorted out into an order so easily manageable
Never done this someone else might be able to answer

I am purchasing a box this week so can someone help me. I need more help, with the point 3.

Thanks

saayinla
8th March, 2012, 04:51 PM
Just maybe if you press the Thanks button on the reply to your first post, others might be interested to respond, but sorry I cant help you.

shankill2012
8th March, 2012, 05:10 PM
I think only you will be able to say how hard you are finding it when you get your box and start working with it,Everything you need to get started is on this forum,read the tutorials and don't be worrying , then if things are not going right you can post your problem in the relevant section and you will certainly get the answer in the forum.

deeboi
8th March, 2012, 05:19 PM
Don't think it's anything to do with the thanks button but It is polite to thank someone I don't dispute that.

I think it's more of a case that SGTFlipFlop has answered all the questions asked.

Q3 is all about the reading, you need to read posts and tutorials on the site to at least learn the basics for yourself, you wont learn anything for yourself by being told exactly what to do.

It does seem like a mammoth task when you first begin the sat scene, we've all been in that position at first but the more you read the more you learn and it starts to pay off.

iGame
8th March, 2012, 06:28 PM
Just maybe if you press the Thanks button on the reply to your first post, others might be interested to respond, but sorry I cant help you.

I am sorry, I am new to this forum so I did not realise there was such a system in place.

I think only you will be able to say how hard you are finding it when you get your box and start working with it,Everything you need to get started is on this forum,read the tutorials and don't be worrying , then if things are not going right you can post your problem in the relevant section and you will certainly get the answer in the forum.

Ok, I understand your point.

Don't think it's anything to do with the thanks button but It is polite to thank someone I don't dispute that.

I think it's more of a case that SGTFlipFlop has answered all the questions asked.

Q3 is all about the reading, you need to read posts and tutorials on the site to at least learn the basics for yourself, you wont learn anything for yourself by being told exactly what to do.

It does seem like a mammoth task when you first begin the sat scene, we've all been in that position at first but the more you read the more you learn and it starts to pay off.

Ok, I'll start to research, any particular post you would recommend

Thanks All!

deeboi
8th March, 2012, 06:53 PM
All the stickied threads are a good place to start as it contains most of the commonly asked stuff.

Like shankill2012 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/126188-shankill2012/) says when you get your box and start to work with it you'll soon find out what you want to learn then just come on here and search for what you need to know.

If you have any problems use the search box, chances are someones ran into the exact same problem and it's already been answered in a post.