PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding manual satellite scan

Sunset
16th January, 2009, 09:48 AM
Hi there,

I have a DM7025 and I'd like to update the feeds on one sat.
When you do a manual satellite scan, you have the possibility to decide what is to do with existing services (Clear before scan):
This is the clarification I found:

Clear before scan:
a) ?yes" means remove all services and transponders for this sat position / all selected sat positions
b) "no? means hold all services and transponders for this sat position / all selected sat positions this resets all old new found flags (incremental scan)
c) "yes (keep feeds) means the same as a) but hold all feed services/transponders
I would need just a quick explanation about these 3 options, like when to use a), b) or c)

In my case just now, I want to find the new transponders and remove the old ones. Should I choose option a) or c)?

How I understand it is:
a) Everything is deleted, and all will be seen as new after the scan
b) Everything is kept, so after the scan I will probably have many channels in double :stupido2: ??
c) --- I don?t really understand this one. Please explain! :questionmark:

An other question about scanning, when you do a scan on a single transponder. There is an option ?Network scan: yes/no?.
What is it? From what I remember, with Yes, the scan will find more channels, but I don?t know why/how.

Thanks in advance!

/Sunset

Devilfish
17th January, 2009, 09:16 AM
Not sure about the first part of your post as I don't have a 7025, that's the first I've heard of that option.

Regarding the network search option, if this is ticked, it will look at the NIT table for transponders with other channels in and scan them too. Usually you need to scan the default frequency on that symbol rate to be able to access the NIT table...but I'm not an expert at that shit so not 100% sure.

westkill
17th January, 2009, 02:25 PM
if you scroll right on single transponder scan and it should show single sat scan
chose the one you want and scan

Sunset
17th January, 2009, 05:46 PM
Regarding the network search option, if this is ticked, it will look at the NIT table for transponders with other channels in and scan them too. Usually you need to scan the default frequency on that symbol rate to be able to access the NIT table...but I'm not an expert at that shit so not 100% sure.

That's correct, I found the same answer. Thanks!:top:

if you scroll right on single transponder scan and it should show single sat scan
chose the one you want and scan

Yep, I know. The "Clear before scan" option is available when you do a single sat scan.
I tested with option c) and it remove some "non-working/not-found" channels and added the new ones. So I think it's the option to go with for an update.

Rgds.

/Sunset

stavo
23rd January, 2009, 03:55 PM
could some kind sole tell me please what the settings are so that i can set up my dm for a motorised dish i am using latest ep v4 image been trying for 2 days and cant seem to sort it i want to set it up with usals i have my lon &lat details but cant find in the menu where to put them any help please as my head is very close to banging off the wall
much thanks stavo

westkill
23rd January, 2009, 05:23 PM
goto menu>setup>service searching>tuner configeration>chose tuner select tuner a >scroll right on cofigeration mode to advanced
then under neath that it says satellite if you can scroll left or right you will see each sat
mine is
configeration>advanced
satellite>28.2
voltagemode>polorization
tonemode>band
use usals for sat>yes
lnb>lnb1
diseqc mode>1.2
toneburst>none
fast diseqc>no
sequence repeat>no
comand order>commited tone burst
uncomited dieqc comand>none
diseqc repeats>none
longitude>
lattitude>
usals>yes

then scroll right to next sat say 19.2
then scroll down to lnb then scroll right and it will activate every thing automatically from your first sat your long ,lat and every thing else
then press ok to activate all sat and it will exit automatically
hope this helps lol

stavo
23rd January, 2009, 06:22 PM
thanks westkill will have ago at it when i get home from work will keep you posted

stavo
24th January, 2009, 11:16 AM
not working for m8 followed tut to the t ~~~~ it i will let my tm drive the motor thsnks for the responce anyway
stavo

get-r-done
3rd February, 2009, 04:01 PM
I have a DM 7020s and wanting to back up my current working image then set up multi booting of two or mor images.

I have a 300GIG HDD install with nothing on it yet.

What is the recommended software to use that work with 7020?

Thanks,

despdan
3rd February, 2009, 08:31 PM
hi
google BarryAllen easy to use multibooting