PDA

View Full Version : Is celtic still celtic

gracieboo
4th March, 2012, 02:04 AM
This is something that has been batted about for a while, is celtic football club the same club as of before 1994 or are they gone after the name change after fergus macann. didi they really win 9 in a row or a european cup. LET THE PEOPLE DECIDE.

Rodbouy
4th March, 2012, 02:14 AM
This is something that has been batted about for a while, is celtic football club the same club as of before 1994 or are they gone after the name change after fergus macann. didi they really win 9 in a row or a european cup. LET THE PEOPLE DECICIDE.

Gracie, I know rangrs fans wanting something to belive and when these stories get baned about its hard not to be taken in by them, dont get me wrong Id prob be the same, but like in the post in the thread that was closed (dont know why as we were only discussing not arguing) i posted this

Our club - the present-day Celtic plc - has existed since 1888, and was incorporated as a company in 1897, under the name "The Celtic Football and Athletic Company Limited". It changed its name to "Celtic plc" in 1994, when it became a public limited company, in "one of the most successful stock market flotations in British financial history".

Pacific Shelf 595 Ltd, is a sister company formed two months before the plc was floated on the stock market. Its purpose was, I believe, to carry on the name "The Celtic Football and Athletic Company Limited", to simplify potential business transactions after the actual name of the club changed to "Celtic plc".

So when the original "The Celtic Football and Athletic Company Limited" changed its name to "Celtic plc"... the newly-formed Pacific Shelf 595 Ltd changed its name to "The Celtic Football and Athletic Company Limited", so transactions could still be carried out using that name.

This sister company is still in existence as a distinct entity today, and is still called "The Celtic Football and Athletic Company Limited". It has, I believe, used the name "Celtic Football Club" as a trading name, but it is a very small company - with total capital of ?2 - two quid - and exists only for convenience.

I think the main point was the club was not disolved or liquidated so the name didnt vanish and the same club was still operating.

So the history and past carries on.

The problem with the Rangers situation is that if they get liquidated that club dies and its not able to carry on thats why a newco is created and has to re apply for SFA and SPL status.

satsmo
4th March, 2012, 02:22 AM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f38/read-digest-before-posting-section-255598/

We moderate the forum and our decisions although not popular are final, this sticky is here for that reason.

gracieboo
4th March, 2012, 02:23 AM
:roflmao: Amaazing what you will try and pullout:roflmao:

satsmo
4th March, 2012, 02:25 AM
I presume that is directed at Rod?

Rodbouy
4th March, 2012, 02:26 AM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f38/read-digest-before-posting-section-255598/

We moderate the forum and our decisions although not popular are final, this sticky is here for that reason.

Fair play, I just didnt think our discusion was breaching rules but point taken.

:roflmao: Amaazing what you will try and pullout:roflmao:

What you mean Gracie ? or do you not think that answer was a valid one ?

Im a bit lost with that reply, I take it was for me yes ?

gracieboo
4th March, 2012, 02:30 AM
yeah. defo not you satsmo i try and help as much as i debate.

shamusbhoy
4th March, 2012, 08:24 AM
Celtic FC, Celtic plc and The Celtic Football and Athletic Company 1888 have NEVER been at any time involved in either Administration OR Liquidation events.
Celtic FC's timeline has NEVER been interrupted due to the fact that when Fergus McCann and the Celtic support took over The Celtic Football and Athletic Company 1888 that company became a Subsidiary of Celtic PLC. All that happened was that The Celtic Football and Athletic Company 1888 was re-branded and renamed Celtic Football Club.
We hope this information will take a weight off your mind and let you concentrate on your own teams considerable troubles.
Thank You.

If you still don't believe it look here
Company Summary - Celtic PLC (LSE:CCP) | Companies | Hemscott.com (http://www.hemscott.com/companies/company-summary.do?companyId=2718)
scroll down to subsidiaries and you will see The Celtic Football And Athletic company Ltd.

nara
4th March, 2012, 08:34 AM
This thread is based on a nonsense concept and designed to be divisive.

Best ignored.

johnboy1974
4th March, 2012, 03:05 PM
Our club - the present-day Celtic plc - has existed since 1888, and was incorporated as a company in 1897, under the name "The Celtic Football and Athletic Company Limited". It changed its name to "Celtic plc" in 1994, when it became a public limited company, in "one of the most successful stock market flotations in British financial history".

Pacific Shelf 595 Ltd, is a sister company formed two months before the plc was floated on the stock market. Its purpose was, I believe, to carry on the name "The Celtic Football and Athletic Company Limited", to simplify potential business transactions after the actual name of the club changed to "Celtic plc".

So when the original "The Celtic Football and Athletic Company Limited" changed its name to "Celtic plc"... the newly-formed Pacific Shelf 595 Ltd changed its name to "The Celtic Football and Athletic Company Limited", so transactions could still be carried out using that name.

This sister company is still in existence as a distinct entity today, and is still called "The Celtic Football and Athletic Company Limited". It has, I believe, used the name "Celtic Football Club" as a trading name, but it is a very small company - with total capital of ?2 - two quid - and exists only for convenience.

Nice post rod it certainly clears up a few myths.