PDA

View Full Version : sharing solo feed another room

homer41
4th March, 2012, 11:45 AM
hi guys is there anyway to share the picture from my solo in another room, and also have a the capability to change the channel from there too, cheers guys

cactikid
4th March, 2012, 12:55 PM
like a scart or hdmi splitter,whats in the other room ? hmmm would a wireless sender send another signal but i have only seen scart ones and that means no hd.maybe there are hdmi ones available?

homer41
4th March, 2012, 01:08 PM
cheers for the reply not bothered about if the other tv upstairs has hd, i have a rf line running upstairs which i was using my skybox and sky eye on, would like a setup like that but i believe the problem is that the solo doesnt have rf out

cactikid
4th March, 2012, 01:28 PM
Universal Scart To Coax Video Modulator: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
maybe something like that.

digicon
4th March, 2012, 05:01 PM
cheers for the reply not bothered about if the other tv upstairs has hd, i have a rf line running upstairs which i was using my skybox and sky eye on, would like a setup like that but i believe the problem is that the solo doesnt have rf out

if its going in the same room the use the existing coax with what cactikid has linked too. you will also need the TVlink Plus as this will connect to your coax cable and send the modulated signal from the scart and also power to your magic eye upstairs.

obviously you will have to use the duo remote upstairs to switch over or just get another spare from the bay i think the clones go for around ?11

TVlink Plus (http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/270920765004?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla)

homer41
4th March, 2012, 07:11 PM
cheers for the input guys so will these two items work for me,
modulator and tv link with psu,

wpuld i wire these two items in as follows

scart from solo into modulator,
aerial from roof into modulator,
rf out from modulator into tv link plus,
main tv output from tv link into downstairs tv (where the solo is)
secondary output from tv link plus into the tv upstairs into a magic eye then into my tv

and bobs your uncle.....???? i think

digicon
4th March, 2012, 07:16 PM
cheers for the input guys so will these two items work for me,
modulator and tv link with psu,

wpuld i wire these two items in as follows

secondary output from tv link plus into the tv upstairs into a magic eye then into my tv

and bobs your uncle.....???? i think

Correct that will work a treat.:top:

Rodbouy
4th March, 2012, 07:19 PM
You don't need to add a rf modulator if using the tvlink with psu.

homer41
4th March, 2012, 07:47 PM
thing is mate i need the rf modultor because the solo doesnt have a rf out

Rodbouy
4th March, 2012, 08:32 PM
neither does my dm800.

Look. The reason the RF modulator is brough up is because it will power the magic eye and the box does not have a rf ut in order to do this.

The TLink with psu does not need this as the PSU with the tv link powers the magic eye.

The coaxil is use just to extend the range of the tvlink.

I use my tvlink plus to extend the range of my IR on my Dm800 and a HDMI switcher as the tvlnk can extend the range of 2 devices.

If you want to pay for a rf modulator then its up to you, I wouldnt tell you its not required.

At end of the day its you call but it would be a waste of money

digicon
4th March, 2012, 08:36 PM
Then do please explain how you can get an RF signal out of a Satellite receiver that has no RF modulator built into it.

Rodbouy
4th March, 2012, 08:39 PM
Hold up, Im wrong, Im getting mixed up here with want you want to do.

Your wanting a picture too and not just to extend the IR, which im going on about.

digicon
4th March, 2012, 08:44 PM
Its not the RF signal its the rf that supplys a voltage to power the magic aye.

The Rf Modulator powers the eye where there is no rf out

The TV Link Psu powers the Magic eye where there is no rf out with its own psu.

I DO NOT use a rf modulator.

You still have not answered the question how do you get an RF signal out of a sat box with no RF modulator built in.

The solo has only HDMI, Scart, Component and Analogue A/V so please tell me how you get a signal from the solo into the TVlink plus without an RF modulator.

I would love to know it will save me a fortune when when i get these types of jobs

Rodbouy
4th March, 2012, 08:50 PM
You still have not answered the question how do you get an RF signal out of a sat box with no RF modulator built in.

The solo has only HDMI, Scart, Component and Analogue A/V so please tell me how you get a signal from the solo into the TVlink plus without an RF modulator.

I would love to know it will save me a fortune when when i get these types of jobs

I had edited my reply before you replied there.

digicon
4th March, 2012, 08:54 PM
I had edited my reply before you replied there.

No worry's but you can now understand why he needs the RF modulator as well as the TVlink plus.

Rodbouy
4th March, 2012, 09:00 PM
Aye, it was me purely thinking aboutmy own setup and the magic eye was purely for control and no picture.

cactikid
4th March, 2012, 10:03 PM
bit lost as to the aerial from roof info.

homer41
4th March, 2012, 10:38 PM
yh thats where i was lost also on the tv link website it says to have a tv aerial input into the rf mod, what the hell would this help me achieve haha

digicon
4th March, 2012, 10:42 PM
bit lost as to the aerial from roof info.

yh thats where i was lost also on the tv link website it says to have a tv aerial input into the rf mod, what the hell would this help me achieve haha

Well for a start hats the model i use sometimes on installs it lets you input 2 sources and combine them so you have 1 single output.

so in your case your solo would go into the Scart connector and also if you wish you can put the aerial into the aerial in socket. The modulator combines the signal like a sky box would do feed that single signal into the TVlink Plus and upstairs you not only have your solo output but freeview also.

Regards

cactikid
4th March, 2012, 10:52 PM
gotcha now yes remember a dish and aerial feed from roof to room with one cable feed.

homer41
4th March, 2012, 10:54 PM
ok mate that is very helpful to know, some excellent help on here very much appreciated, on the tv link plus it has two out puts isit necessary to use these both?

digicon
4th March, 2012, 11:15 PM
ok mate that is very helpful to know, some excellent help on here very much appreciated, on the tv link plus it has two out puts isit necessary to use these both?

No need really as only one has the DC pass for the Magic eye, RF1 out normally feeds back into the TV where your equipment is and RF2 Out (Magic eye) feeds where ever you want it to go.

homer41
5th March, 2012, 04:50 PM
ok mate thats good to know, im thinking of running the rf out in to my distributor, and then it splits to loads of rooms, but im only interested in getting into upstairs bedroom, so it will go via the distributor that shouldnt cause a problem would it?

digicon
5th March, 2012, 04:55 PM
ok mate thats good to know, im thinking of running the rf out in to my distributor, and then it splits to loads of rooms, but im only interested in getting into upstairs bedroom, so it will go via the distributor that shouldnt cause a problem would it?

It will if your distribution box does not have DC pass through for the magic eye, although if your running RF1 through it this wont matter as there is no DC pass on RF1 only RF2 has the DC Pass for a Magic Eye.

homer41
5th March, 2012, 05:46 PM
ok mate and then the rf in the room upstairs connect up to the tele using a tv link magic eye and its should work?