PDA

View Full Version : Cummins ISX-CM870 Probelm

mathura
4th March, 2012, 03:36 PM
Cummins ISX Probelm
I am getting fault code 433 -intake manifold pressure sensor, replaced the sensor and same probelm.
I replaced barometic, exhaust pressure and oil pressure sensors but code 433 is still active.
Unplug manifold pressure sensor and the code changes to 123 as soon I plug sensor back the code 433 becomes active again.
I am now at a point that I do not know what else to do, I need some help.

Thanks

mathura
5th March, 2012, 01:19 AM
Need help here friends, many good cummins technicians are here on dk

Thanks

jctech
5th March, 2012, 01:20 AM
What are your pressure with Insite monitor readings, at keyon before starting.
Any other faults relating to sensors?

mathura
5th March, 2012, 02:05 AM
Pressure is zero for boost and there is no other fault codes active or inactive, however I disconnected manifold sensor while engine running and it showed 123 fault active and 433 inactive.

spannermonkey
5th March, 2012, 03:14 AM
I think you have a wiring harness fault, have you check the continuity of the harness? the fault 433 is for the sensor circuit not the sensor, but i dont have the TnR manual so i cant follow the troubleshooting tree. You need TnR manual to see what conditons that code is active, whether its a disconnection or a short to high/low... id say a short because the 123 code will be the disconnect code.

jctech
5th March, 2012, 04:53 AM
Pressure is zero for boost and there is no other fault codes active or inactive, however I disconnected manifold sensor while engine running and it showed 123 fault active and 433 inactive.

with engine stopped, what are the readings for oil pressure, exhaust pressure and boost pressure.

Drolet8758
5th March, 2012, 05:33 AM
Cummins ISX Probelm
I am getting fault code 433 -intake manifold pressure sensor, replaced the sensor and same probelm.
I replaced barometic, exhaust pressure and oil pressure sensors but code 433 is still active.
Unplug manifold pressure sensor and the code changes to 123 as soon I plug sensor back the code 433 becomes active again.
I am now at a point that I do not know what else to do, I need some help.

Thanks

Hi Mathura ,,

90 percent of this kind of problem is the exhaust gas pressure that are fail because , humidity, water, enter into the connector and with corroded terminal in socket in sensor the exh. gas pressure sensor reading is erractic, just unplug your sensor to see,,,,if there some green crapp stuff in connector = replace it,,,, also to 10 percent of the time you can have the oil pressure sensor that fail,,,,oil passing thru the sensor and goes in connector/terminal and cause some problem like that,,,,see that and let us no
:wink:

spannermonkey
5th March, 2012, 09:43 AM
Follow Jctechs post in the cummins service manual thread and trouble shoot the fault code, looks like it maybe cause by low sensor circuit voltage to the sensor or tampering with the wiring harness, interest, insite says the ecm only monitors for this fault at 50rpm more than the set idle speed, is it active all the time?

mathura
5th March, 2012, 11:57 AM
Friends
I am going to work on it today and will carry out the checks for sensor readings and let you know.
I forgot to mentioned that there was no active fault code before, it only started after some work on the egr piping was done. The guy forgot to plug in the egr differential pressure sensor and it had 2 active codes, after I plug the sensor harness for the egr the fault for egr sensor became inactive and only the 433 code was active.

Thanks

spannermonkey
5th March, 2012, 02:31 PM
In the rouble shooting manual it specifically notes to turn off any exhaust fans in the shop when diagnosing this fault code as it can alter the reading of teh sensor. If this is applicable to your shop maybe try that as well

mathura
6th March, 2012, 11:41 PM
with engine stopped, what are the readings for oil pressure, exhaust pressure and boost pressure.

Hello jctech
Here are the pressures recorded

Engine stopped ignition on
oil press - 0 psi, boost press - 0 psi, barometic press 30 inhg, exhaust press -35 inhg.

AT IDLE
oil -38.8 psi, boost -0, barometic -30 inhg , exhaust37.5 inhg

AT 1500 RPM
oil -48, boost -23, barometic 30, exhaust 98

fault code 433 ACTIVE

Tested wiring to booost press sensor for continuity ok. However there is a 680 ohms resistance between pins 37 and 47, unplug exhaust gas pressure sensor and value changes to infinity.

Checked pins 1and 2 on exhaust gas sensor the reading is 680 ohms, checked for contunity with sensor unplugged ok.

Would appreciate some answers please

thanks

Drolet8758
7th March, 2012, 08:13 AM
Hello jctech
Here are the pressures recorded

Engine stopped ignition on
oil press - 0 psi, boost press - 0 psi, barometic press 30 inhg, exhaust press -35 inhg.

AT IDLE
oil -38.8 psi, boost -0, barometic -30 inhg , exhaust37.5 inhg

AT 1500 RPM
oil -48, boost -23, barometic 30, exhaust 98

fault code 433 ACTIVE

Tested wiring to booost press sensor for continuity ok. However there is a 680 ohms resistance between pins 37 and 47, unplug exhaust gas pressure sensor and value changes to infinity.

Checked pins 1and 2 on exhaust gas sensor the reading is 680 ohms, checked for contunity with sensor unplugged ok.

Would appreciate some answers please

thanks
replace exh. gas pressure and retry

mathura
7th March, 2012, 08:46 AM
replace exh. gas pressure and retry

I replaced exhaust gas pressure sensor with a known working sensor and probelm still exists.

However after removing harness from ecm and run some checks on the wiring the 433 code became inactive for about 10 minutes. I stop and started the engine a few times to be sure that the probelm is no longer there, after about 8 starts and stop four active codes suddenly appeared.

All 4 of the active codes are pointing to the same area.
435 -engine oil pressure circuit
433 -intake manifold pressure circuit
295 -barometic pressure sensor circuit
2554 -exhaust gas pressure circuit

If I unplug anyone of the four sensors while engine running, the above four faults becomes inactive and a new fault code is generated pertaining to the unplugged sensor, example if I unplug manifold sensor then code 123 is active only.

I am at a loss here simply not sure what else to do.

Your suggestion is well appreciated

spannermonkey
7th March, 2012, 10:43 AM
sounds like you have a 5v sensor fault. if all four of those faults become active, they use a common output from the ecm for all those sensors. but im still sure you are looking for a wiring fault.

jctech
7th March, 2012, 11:46 AM
I replaced exhaust gas pressure sensor with a known working sensor and probelm still exists.

However after removing harness from ecm and run some checks on the wiring the 433 code became inactive for about 10 minutes. I stop and started the engine a few times to be sure that the probelm is no longer there, after about 8 starts and stop four active codes suddenly appeared.

All 4 of the active codes are pointing to the same area.
435 -engine oil pressure circuit
433 -intake manifold pressure circuit
295 -barometic pressure sensor circuit
2554 -exhaust gas pressure circuit

If I unplug anyone of the four sensors while engine running, the above four faults becomes inactive and a new fault code is generated pertaining to the unplugged sensor, example if I unplug manifold sensor then code 123 is active only.

I am at a loss here simply not sure what else to do.

Your suggestion is well appreciated

That circuit has a 5V supply on pin 37 and return on pin 47
This is sensor circuit number 2, this circuit supplies the
Camshaft position sensor
Exhaust gas pressure sensor
Fuel pressure sensor
Boost pressure sensor
Real time clock battery
EGR valve position sensor
EGR differential pressure sensor

The other sensor circuit (number 1) has the engine oil pressure sensor and barometric pressure sensor on it.

Any of these sensors or the circuits could be the cause of the problem. The fault is occuring because at keyon, before starting the engine, the ECM checks the oil pressure, boost pressure, barometric pressure and exhaust pressure, all these should read 0 PSI or 30 in.hg. (14.7 PSI). You are getting the fault because your exhaust pressure is 37 in.hg. (18 PSI).

Monitor all the pressure sensors on that circuit, with the key on engine not running, and unplug the sensors 1 at a time and see what happens to the pressures on the other sensors.
You are looking for the one that returns your exhaust pressure back to 0. You need to be 100% certain that the exhaust sensor is good.
They all have a common supply and return, but if one fails, it can drag the sensor supply voltage low causing one or more sensors to give an out of range signal.

mathura
7th March, 2012, 12:10 PM
When I unplug exhaust gas sensor there is still a reading, this time 49 inhg, the oil pressure is 0, unplug barometic sensor 0, unplug boost sensor 0.

However I will pay more attention to it according to your suggestion when I work on the engine today

NOTE: This probelm only started after some work was done on egr piping, before there was no probelm with the engine.

Thanks

spannermonkey
7th March, 2012, 03:05 PM
When I unplug exhaust gas sensor there is still a reading, this time 49 inhg, the oil pressure is 0, unplug barometic sensor 0, unplug boost sensor 0.

However I will pay more attention to it according to your suggestion when I work on the engine today

NOTE: This probelm only started after some work was done on egr piping, before there was no probelm with the engine.

Thanks

Circuit Description

The exhaust gas pressure sensor is used to measure exhaust gas pressure in the exhaust manifold. This information is used by the ECM to control emissions and EGR valve operation.
Component Location

The exhaust gas pressure sensor is located above the front section of the exhaust manifold and is plumbed into the exhaust manifold between the number 1 and number 2 cylinders. Refer to Section E for a detailed component location view.
Shop Talk

The exhaust gas pressure sensor shares supply and return wires in the engine harness with other sensors. Opens and shorts in the engine harness can cause multiple fault codes to be active.
Possible causes of this fault code include:

Open return circuit in the engine harness, connectors, or sensor.
Signal wire shorted to sensor supply or battery voltage.
Refer to Troubleshooting Fault Code t05-2373 (mk:@MSITStore:C:\Intelect\INSITE\FIS\FIS4021334.c hm::/procedures/70-t05-2373.htm)

The troubleshooting for exhaust pressure sensor error pretty much points it to a wiring fault. Check continuity of wire 20 at the ecm plug and pin 3 of the sensor, then check pin 47 to pin 2, then check for continuity between pins 20 and 47 at the ecm with the sensor disconnected, this should be an open circuit, and then check for continuity between pin 37, and 20 and 47, all should be open if its ok, also check it while doing wiggle test. or run your own wires externally and see if fault is cleared

jctech
8th March, 2012, 03:03 PM

Thanks
don't ignore the work that was done just before the fault occurred, a bent pin in the EGR diff pres sensor??

spannermonkey
8th March, 2012, 03:11 PM
don't ignore the work that was done just before the fault occurred

I have not had much to do with the EGR engines, but i think maybe the wiring was disturbed during this work.... Ive seen it happen alot of times before on mining equipment, if the wiring harness is already damaged it doesnt take much to disturb it and cause all sorts of problems. Thats just way i was heading because of what ive seen. But you maybe right there Jctech because that sensor gets its 5v supply from the number 2 sensor supply circuit as well.

Drolet8758
8th March, 2012, 04:41 PM
don't ignore the work that was done just before the fault occurred, a bent pin in the EGR diff pres sensor??

good point jctech:listen:

mathura
8th March, 2012, 10:05 PM
That is what I felt the work done has created the probelm but I will now have to pay special attention to the areas where these sensors are located.

As soon as I get a chance to work on the engine I will check as suggested.

Thanks again

hercamp
8th March, 2012, 10:39 PM
in my opinion u see all around , but have 3 wires did u check 5v in one ,ground in other and other non signal?
if yes all ok , try to flash ecm ,any works on egr or any disturb in gas flow most be correctred for a short time even if u have a mechanical problem in the egr , try to flash and that will restore some parameters , other problem u can have is into ecm ,if fault persist and volt readings are ok ,just try with other ecm and look for same problem,manytimes internal resistance blow up .

spannermonkey
9th March, 2012, 02:13 PM
in my opinion u see all around , but have 3 wires did u check 5v in one ,ground in other and other non signal?
if yes all ok , try to flash ecm ,any works on egr or any disturb in gas flow most be correctred for a short time even if u have a mechanical problem in the egr , try to flash and that will restore some parameters , other problem u can have is into ecm ,if fault persist and volt readings are ok ,just try with other ecm and look for same problem,manytimes internal resistance blow up .

only thing is some of the faults with sensors you have are on different circuits i.e sensor circuit 1/ sensor circuit 2 whic run different supply signals and earths. but only one out of range sensor on each circuit may cause all those faults. or as Hercamp is eluding to, maybe internal problem in ECM...
Could also be soemthing as simple as low voltage or bad earth to the ecm, low voltage/bad earth in = low voltage bad earth out... and i have seen this a few times in fault codes in the sensor circuits. Cummins not so bad for it but seen it alot in caterpillar

hercamp
10th March, 2012, 04:54 AM
just 2 lines and a group of sensors .

Siimba
11th March, 2012, 03:35 AM

This guy is right.
:bounce:

drewwarhard
11th March, 2012, 12:37 PM
Are you using insite to trouble shoot the problem, if so doubleclick on the code and follow the trouble shooting tree. Also check the voltage at the suspect sensor then unplug the other sensors in the circuit and see if the voltage changes and make sure a ground to the engine did not get disturbed. Cummins is a goofy engine when not grounded properly.

mathura
12th March, 2012, 07:08 PM
Just need to update the status of this job.
I did not get the time to visit this job as yet, however I asked the customer mechanic to change the exhaust pressure sensor and let me know the results.

Well he told me 1 fault is now showing up on the display which is the 433 fault.I am plannning to visit the job tommorrow.

Will let you know my findings

Thanks to everyone

spannermonkey
13th March, 2012, 02:41 PM
let us know how you go

mathura
15th March, 2012, 11:43 PM
UPDATE
I went and had a look once more today at the job. I checked all the sensors wiring that have the common feed and return, found nothing wrong.

I decided to monitor pressures of exhaust pressure sensor, oil pressure sensor, barometic pressure sensor and intake manifold pressure sensor with ignition on and active code 433.
The readings were like before
intake 0, oil 0, barometic 30 and exhaust pressure36.4.

unplug exhaust sensor and it changes to 49.8 at the same time intake moves from 0 to38.7, replug exhaust sensor and it goes back 36.4 and intake remains 38.7

Start engine and exhaust pressure goes up but intake starts to fluctuate and new code is now generated 2973.

Frustrated.

Replaced ECM from another truck code 433 active.

What am I doing wrong

Note: Customer now wants to bring another technician on job but I requested another try tommorrow.

jctech
15th March, 2012, 11:54 PM
UPDATE
I went and had a look once more today at the job. I checked all the sensors wiring that have the common feed and return, found nothing wrong.

I decided to monitor pressures of exhaust pressure sensor, oil pressure sensor, barometic pressure sensor and intake manifold pressure sensor with ignition on and active code 433.
The readings were like before
intake 0, oil 0, barometic 30 and exhaust pressure36.4.

unplug exhaust sensor and it changes to 49.8 at the same time intake moves from 0 to38.7, replug exhaust sensor and it goes back 36.4 and intake remains 38.7

Start engine and exhaust pressure goes up but intake starts to fluctuate and new code is now generated 2973.

Frustrated.

Replaced ECM from another truck code 433 active.

What am I doing wrong

If the replacement ECM is the same, then something is wrong with the wiring, your boost pressure sensor reading should not change when you unplug the exhaust pressure sensor.
The way the sensors react looks like a bad earth.
Your exhaust pressure sensor should read about 30 in hg (absolute) with the engine stopped.

mathura
16th March, 2012, 12:01 AM
If the replacement ECM is the same, then something is wrong with the wiring, your boost pressure sensor reading should not change when you unplug the exhaust pressure sensor.
The way the sensors react looks like a bad earth.
Your exhaust pressure sensor should read about 30 in hg (absolute) with the engine stopped.

Yes replacement ECM is the same and I did check the earth wires for thightness but did not remove to clean

mathura
16th March, 2012, 10:16 AM
I am not sure what is happening here but I replaced exhaust pressure sensor and boost pressure sensor at the same time and the errors are all gone.
I started the engine about six times and there is no fault codes, took a 15mins break restarted and still looks ok.
It was getting late so I could not take the truck for a test drive, will do so and post to let you know the results.

Thanks

mathura
16th March, 2012, 11:36 PM
FINALLY Friends the truck worked perfect today without probelms.

Thanks to all who contributed with their posts especially jctech, spanner monkey, drolet and hercamp, you guys have given confidence to me with your posts.

Thanks again

pbateman
17th March, 2012, 03:40 AM
Mauthra when using insite have you tried using the intermittent sensor test with insite this might be able to help you narrow it down a little plus also use the data monitor logger with insite it will usally let you know if there is an issue with a sensor or not

juanch
27th March, 2012, 05:05 AM
:giveup:help por fabor necesito el generador de paswwor para caterrpillar gracias

TKMobile
27th March, 2012, 07:05 PM
using cummins online quickserve and entering your engine serial number is the only way I have had any luck with diagnostics on these engines..you can get a user name and pass for $50.00

tdvom700
28th March, 2012, 04:39 AM
Hi friend. it is possible that the number from the sensor does not correspond to cpl of the motor.

pbateman
29th March, 2012, 02:09 AM
TKMobile you can sign up on quick serve for free. Plus there is a quite a bit you can research plus it also give you the options to look up the procedures on insite through quick serve . Just a little FYI

mathura
3rd April, 2012, 10:08 PM
I need advice on Cummins Celect ECM.
The engine(L10) starts and idle but no acceleration, ran test on system and came up with nothing. Throwing codes 431 and 432.

I replaced ECM and acceleration is back to normal but still throwing code 431.

I will like to know if this ECM is defective and can it possibly be repaired

Your help is appreciated

spannermonkey
4th April, 2012, 03:32 PM
I need advice on Cummins Celect ECM.
The engine(L10) starts and idle but no acceleration, ran test on system and came up with nothing. Throwing codes 431 and 432.

I replaced ECM and acceleration is back to normal but still throwing code 431.

I will like to know if this ECM is defective and can it possibly be repaired

Your help is appreciated

More likely the problem is in the acceleraotr pedal, on the pedal it has a potentiometer on one side that sends a variable signal to show level of acceleration, on the other side it just had a on/off switch with validates that the pedal is either at idle or is accelerating. Fault code 431 says that the ecm is detecting voltage in both side of this switch at the same time which should not be possible, id say the idle validation switch is the problem. Not an uncommon problem.

mathura
5th April, 2012, 12:01 AM
More likely the problem is in the acceleraotr pedal, on the pedal it has a potentiometer on one side that sends a variable signal to show level of acceleration, on the other side it just had a on/off switch with validates that the pedal is either at idle or is accelerating. Fault code 431 says that the ecm is detecting voltage in both side of this switch at the same time which should not be possible, id say the idle validation switch is the problem. Not an uncommon problem.

Thanks for the response Friend
But why would the accelerator work when I used another ECM this is what I am concerned about.
All tests in insite T&R proved that the TPS is good

spannermonkey
6th April, 2012, 03:11 AM
Thanks for the response Friend
But why would the accelerator work when I used another ECM this is what I am concerned about.
All tests in insite T&R proved that the TPS is good

Because with the original ECM you had fault code 432 and 431 active, in the trouble shooting it say effect of 432 active will be engine will idle only. Effect of 431 is none on performance.CODEREASONEFFECTFault Code: 431
PID: P091
SPN: 91
FMI: 2
LAMP: Yellow
SRT: 00-611

Voltage detected simultaneously on both the idle validation off-idle and idle signal pins 6 and 9 of the OEM harness connector or no voltage detected at either pin.

None on performance.
CODEREASONEFFECTFault Code: 432
PID: P091
SPN: 91
FMI: 11
LAMP: Red
SRT: 00-612

Voltage detected at idle validation on-idle signal pin 6 of the OEM harness connector when voltage at accelerator position signal pin 11 of OEM harness connector indicates pedal is not at idle or voltage detected at idle validation off-idle signal pin 9 of the OEM harness connector when voltage at accelerator position signal pin 11 of the OEM harness connector indicates pedal is at rest.

Engine will only idle.

Problem is either in wiring harness or in accelerator pedal. Ecm can still operate the engine fine on just information from TPS, but fault 432 is for incorrect information from TPS so it will not accept the info and engine will only idle. If possible just swap accelerator pedal and see if fault goes away, but i mentioned wiring harness because maybe fault 432 is not active after you change the ecm as you have disturbed the harness. Is it williams control pedal? whole pedal assembly is expensive but you can buy the TPS and IVS seperately much cheaper repair. also the TPS has slotted holes and can be adjusted to obtain correct output for application. If switch becomes loose and moves it can send an out of range signal which will cause fault 432. start at the accelerator pedal and work back towards the ecm. I doubt ECM is faulty, this is a very common problem on Komatsu dump trucks, and 99% of the time its the switch on the pedal as they are a high wearing part.

mathura
6th April, 2012, 11:45 AM
I tried 2 other ecm on truck and it accelerates with those ecm but when I put back the original ecm the engine only idles.

I even connect accelerator with new wires and same probelm. I do not have another pedal to try but tested tps sensor and all values are correct according to T&R manual

spannermonkey
9th April, 2012, 12:15 PM
I tried 2 other ecm on truck and it accelerates with those ecm but when I put back the original ecm the engine only idles.

I even connect accelerator with new wires and same probelm. I do not have another pedal to try but tested tps sensor and all values are correct according to T&R manual

Is fault 431 still active even on other ECM's? maybe the TPS circuit is damaged inside the ECM. With insite connected is there a reading for percent of throttle? check with other ECM as well as suspected damaged one, also if 431 is still active check throttle status (idle validation) for information on repairing ECM post in the Cummins ECM repair thread, lots of information and help there about repairing ECM particularly celect and celect plus.

jctech
9th April, 2012, 02:36 PM
Is fault 431 still active even on other ECM's? maybe the TPS circuit is damaged inside the ECM. With insite connected is there a reading for percent of throttle? check with other ECM as well as suspected damaged one, also if 431 is still active check throttle status (idle validation) for information on repairing ECM post in the Cummins ECM repair thread, lots of information and help there about repairing ECM particularly celect and celect plus.

Also the idle validation switch must go from on idle to off idle at less than x percent throttle. (for celect Plus I think it is 7%). If the idle validation switch works, but at a higher paercent throttle, you will still get an idle validation fault code. This may be the problem for FC 432

FC 431 is for voltage on both the on idle and off idle pins at the same time, you would get this with a disconnected pedal or a failed switch or a wiring issue.

mathura
9th April, 2012, 04:55 PM
Also the idle validation switch must go from on idle to off idle at less than x percent throttle. (for celect Plus I think it is 7%). If the idle validation switch works, but at a higher paercent throttle, you will still get an idle validation fault code. This may be the problem for FC 432

FC 431 is for voltage on both the on idle and off idle pins at the same time, you would get this with a disconnected pedal or a failed switch or a wiring issue.

I have replaced the ECM and the truck work fine but 431 is still active, a resistance check on the validation switch shows 5 ohms

could this be the probelm with the validation switch, all wiring were thoroughly checked

thanks jc

jctech
9th April, 2012, 07:12 PM
I have replaced the ECM and the truck work fine but 431 is still active, a resistance check on the validation switch shows 5 ohms

could this be the probelm with the validation switch, all wiring were thoroughly checked

thanks jc
If the 5 ohms is between on idle and off idle then this is your problem, the spec is more than 100k ohms.

Roy Suryadwiananda
1st June, 2013, 01:58 AM
Please help,
There is a problem with one of our trucks are used Cummins ISX 475/CM 570, namely, Engine Brake can not be active at all levels. Insite does not arise fault code, check all circuit well, good continuity of all cables, no short circuit. Circuit between Actuator ECM connector to connector 8-way for E/B on Valve Cover, and to Solenoids also good.
Tried engine running, idle rpm, Switch E / B "on", switch selector E / B level "3", all the solenoid gets only 9 VDC current course of the actuator connector pin 25,44,15 .. is it true that much anyway?
Check solenoid mechanically functioning well. But there is one point that makes doubt, that some of the pins on the OEM ECM as no electric current in / out, in which the current to supply the engine brake selector switch.
When seen in the diagram is pin 25 (Cab Governor), pin 9 & 10 (Cab Common Return) does not flow in / out, all cables gray color, while the continuity of the cable between the selector switch to the OEM ECM connector very well.
I've tried the jumper wires to the ground wire (white color), but instead arise a short, I question whether the circuit is positive or negative? This circuit is a "common return" ?
As for the throttle pedal to work well going back to zero, I tried many times with insite, always back to zero.
Anyone for idea, or comment ? please...what should my next step.

Roy Suryadwiananda
1st June, 2013, 03:37 AM
Please help,
There is a problem with one of our trucks are used Cummins ISX 475/CM 570, namely, Engine Brake can not be active at all levels. Insite does not arise fault code, check all circuit well, good continuity of all cables, no short circuit. Circuit between Actuator ECM connector to connector 8-way for E/B on Valve Cover, and to Solenoids also good.
Tried engine running, idle rpm, Switch E / B "on", switch selector E / B level "3", all the solenoid gets only 9 VDC current course of the actuator connector pin 25,44,15 .. is it true that much anyway?
Check solenoid mechanically functioning well. But there is one point that makes doubt, that some of the pins on the OEM ECM as no electric current in / out, in which the current to supply the engine brake selector switch.
When seen in the diagram is pin 25 (Cab Governor), pin 9 & 10 (Cab Common Return) does not flow in / out, all cables gray color, while the continuity of the cable between the selector switch to the OEM ECM connector very well.
I've tried the jumper wires to the ground wire (white color), but instead arise a short, I question whether the circuit is positive or negative? This circuit is a "common return" ?
As for the throttle pedal to work well going back to zero, I tried many times with insite, always back to zero.

Dear Mathura,
Apologize my friend weaving here, I hope you understand.

Regards,

Belefronte
14th June, 2013, 04:18 PM
Did u compare the multiplexer parameters? I had that kind of problems when I calibrate the Volvo trucks, they used some specific parameters on multiplexer option

trehlebov
14th June, 2013, 05:34 PM
Please help,

check clutch pedal swich

Roy Suryadwiananda
15th June, 2013, 04:42 PM
check clutch pedal swich

Thank friend, this no Clutch Switch because with the Automatic Transmission Allison.

Roy Suryadwiananda
15th June, 2013, 04:46 PM
Did u compare the multiplexer parameters? I had that kind of problems when I calibrate the Volvo trucks, they used some specific parameters on multiplexer option

yes friend, I will try to look at the ESA multiplexer, is there any problem with the program.

Roy Suryadwiananda
20th July, 2013, 02:39 AM
Status update,
Yes Belefronte, ESA CECU Multiplexer doesn't problem, thank you friend.
Now the problem is solved there, after I change the Wiring Harness the Cabin to the ECM and Toggle / Selector Switch for Engine Brake.
But there was something strange, Engine Brake can only be activated when the unit is running and if the stop is not working / active.
I try to look at the Insite Feature and Parameters, on the "Vehicle Engine Brake minimum speed" is 0 mph, the vehicle should be stopped even Engine Brake function ....... what think about the problem.
Kindly help / guidance, perhaps you had an experience like this.

Roy Suryadwiananda
16th August, 2013, 01:47 AM
Hello guys, how 'r you to day ?

Status update, latest explanation
We have problems with Engine Brake, where there are 2 units of trucks Kenworth C500 with the following specifications:
475/CM570-ISX Cummins Engine, Allison Automatic Transmission RDS 450, attached 3 ECU / ECM is for the Engine ECM, Cabin CECU/Multiplexer by Paccar, TCM for Allison.
Production year 2011 and started work the same, and the same capacity.
Of both units all settings, "Feature & Parameter" the third ECU on two units are exactly the same.
Problem is the unit during stopped "Engine Brake" does not work unless the unit moving / roads, while one unit could be.
Of course there is the question, why the unit stopped using "Engine Brake"?
It is important for the mechanics at the time of repair Engine Brake function for testing.
We've tried to check all the settings, Feature & Parameter, wiring harness, connectors, jumper cables primarily for "Clutch Switch", have repeatedly checked.
Trying to borrow a few components of a good unit to unit is broken, still unsolved problem.
To friends who've had an experience like this, please share ideas and help we so desperately need.

doloman
19th August, 2013, 01:33 AM
Whats "User fueling state" parameter if "Engine Brake state"- on, whats active and inactive faults? if the user fueling state- engine brake, but does not work. ECM- head cover- engbrk solenoid circuit repair or ECM engbrk out is broken
IMHO
What Eng Brk Control options?

Roy Suryadwiananda
19th August, 2013, 11:08 AM
Whats "User fueling state" parameter if "Engine Brake state"- on, whats active and inactive faults? if the user fueling state- engine brake, but does not work. ECM- head cover- engbrk solenoid circuit repair or ECM engbrk out is broken
IMHO
What Eng Brk Control options?

Yes thank for your opinion, nothing active Fault code, when EB toggle Switch "On" and Throttle Pedal to release 0% .
but it looks like I will see what you mean, there may be an explanation of the attached file, please describe.
Thanks.

doloman
20th August, 2013, 12:14 AM
Need snapshot data: eng speed, user fueling state, e.t.

Roy Suryadwiananda
20th August, 2013, 12:52 AM
Okay friend thank you, next week i am get download Insite from the unit as broke.

doloman
20th August, 2013, 01:03 AM
Go on bro:joyous:

Roy Suryadwiananda
7th September, 2013, 05:03 AM
Need snapshot data: eng s***d, user fueling state, e.t.

Wouw, this Feature as dissable by Factory program (Paccar) or to set engine Brake not to work with unit stationery, i don't know for this...yeah so must go on..problem SOLVED.

jackalfa
12th September, 2013, 05:07 AM
Please, anyone knows how to find out the original cal number in a ECM with just the engine serial number? The truck ECM was stolen and I just would like to know which calibration is the original in engine serial 79069405. Thanks.

Roy Suryadwiananda
13th September, 2013, 07:08 AM
Please, anyone knows how to find out the original cal number in a ECM with just the engine serial number? The truck ECM was stolen and I just would like to know which calibration is the original in engine serial 79069405. Thanks.

My experience, when the company where I work bought some second hand units Kenworth C500 with Cummins ISX 450 also without ECM, where there is no the Part Catalog, Bill of Material or Service Manual .
So I see the the ESN and VIN on unit truck, after that I take the account in Cummins Quick Serve Online (free) https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/index.html,
from here, we can activate type of Engine that we use. Furthermore it could also look for P/N and Calibration Code for your ECM and any instructions that we need. Better yet, if you can get (usually from the principal) Bill of material from the unit.
Now the unit where I had been working about 6 years, I hope this description may help you.

Belefronte
13th September, 2013, 08:54 PM
Jackafalla there is your original calibration 400HP 1650LB*FT 2 engine brake sol

Sonni
14th September, 2013, 12:31 AM
You might check that volts they bequeath him to the sensor and that volts returns to the ecm