PDA

View Full Version : Different VU STB, Different remote control frequencies ?

ITS A SCAM !
5th March, 2012, 11:51 PM
I have a VU+ solo thats connected to my PC / Monitor in the lounge, and the family have a Spiderbox HD7000 for their viewing in the same room as me. The spiderbox is now getting tired, and its time for a replacement. As i really like my VU+ solo and i am thinking about geting the family another VU to replace the HD7000, but do all VU models use the same frequencies for their remote controls ? Cheers

cactikid
6th March, 2012, 12:01 AM
i would think yes as when they sell them on fleabay they usually say it works on all models,like this.
VU+ GENUINE DUO, SOLO, UNO, ULTIMO, UNIVERSAL REMOTE CONTROL | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VU-GENUINE-DUO-SOLO-UNO-ULTIMO-UNIVERSAL-REMOTE-CONTROL-/200720582299?pt=UK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL&hash=item2ebbe1069b)

dell_xps
6th March, 2012, 12:09 AM
Im sure there is a bit in the menu about the remote in the Ultimo,
RD will be able to tell you, just got mine :-)

RuberDuck
6th March, 2012, 12:25 AM
there are 4 different control settings for the vu's

currently the Duo and Solo use the same one ( 0001 ) and the uno and ultimo use the same one ( 0002 ) leaving 0003 and 0004 for later use by other boxes.
saying that you can manually change these to what ever you want providing you have the new universal remote that first shipped with the uno but now ships with all boxes ( except the ultimo although that can also be programmed ).

for example i have a uno, ultimo and duo sat one on top of the other in my test room. i leave the duo and ultimo on their defaults and change the uno to setting 0004 so not to mess with the operation of the ultimo.

at this moment in time im at work and cant remember the exact path to change the settings but it's a easy enough task to do.