PDA

View Full Version : Which R4 card is best for 3DS?

zachmax
6th March, 2012, 02:40 PM
As I know, there are many R4 3DS flashcards in the market preciously. Different brand with different package, different price with different functions. It is not so easy for us to choose a most suitable R4 card. There are many aspects need to be considered. But which r4 3ds card is best? are there any of them which can play 3DS games?

parley
6th March, 2012, 04:50 PM
i got my sons acekard 2i for his 3DS from here,
Acekard 2i Card For Nintendo DS / DS Lite / DSi / DSi XL - Compatible with the 1.4 Firmware (http://www.xpertron.co.uk/-acekard-2i_c800)
good service and product, sadly none that plays 3D games on the market yet.

Me2
16th March, 2012, 12:15 PM
Check this out, mate:

CycloDS Evolution Features:
- The first device to operate in DSi mode, unlocking various DSi specific features such such as dual cameras, faster CPU speed, additional RAM, improved WiFi support and more.
- Advanced DSi mode compatibility layer, allowing both standard NDS titles and older "DSi unaware" homebrew software to operate in DSi mode while enjoying the inherent performance advantages
- User friendly, skinnable, feature rich user interface supporting advanced features such as bookmarks, cheat codes and file management
- 100% game compatibility, supports clean ROM's
- RealTime Save, allowing you to save and restore the state of gameplay at any time
- Stealth Mode which enables the use of anti-tamper protected games
- In-game text reader, allowing you to view FAQ?s and guides at any time during gameplay
- Full NDS download play support, including problem games such as Mario Kart DS
- Wii connectivity in games such as Pokemon Diamond/Pearl is supported
- Homebrew soft reset, allowing you to reset back to the iEvolution GUI from almost any homebrew software with a simple button combination
- Battery saving function which allows you to enjoy your handheld for longer between charges
- Action Replay compatible cheat code engine, comes bundled with cheat codes for over 330 games!
- Uses MicroSD card, both FAT16 and FAT32 supported
- Supports the MicroSDHC specification, allowing for high capacity memory cards
- Save type is automatically detected, no need for a save type database
- Save directly to MicroSD rather than onboard flash
- Multi-lingual user interface
- "Enhanced Mode" which provides powerful, unique features during game play
- Enhanced features are activated through an in-game menu. - - Enhanced mode features include:
RealTime Save which allows you to save and restore the state of gameplay at any time; In-game text reader; Adjust LCD brightness during game play; SlowMotion mode which can be used to slow down game play to make fast paced action sequences easier to master; Return to iEvolution Menu (aka soft reset); Excellent homebrew compatibility with DLDI auto-patching; Autoboot mode which when activated will directly boot into the last ROM or homebrew application executed; Moonshell included to provide media playing functionality, soft-reset is supported; Gameboy Advance software support with GBA ROM auto-patching (NDS/DSLite only); PassMe function (boot from slot 2) (NDS/DSLite only) and Supports rumble and memory expansions (NDS/DSLite only)

buul
14th April, 2012, 11:39 PM
I can also recomend the R4 line up products. I'm using one for DS for more than 5 years and I had no problems with it. I also tested the Acekard2i for 3DS and everything looked the same, unfortunatley it cannot play 3DS games. So I would suggest to choose the cheaper one.

wesleyxiao
19th April, 2012, 03:13 PM
R4i-SDHC 3DS card is the best, best in its price and best in its quality.

Tridos
7th November, 2012, 07:24 PM
Have you got a link of where I can get a R4I 3DS please.

taffydav
8th November, 2012, 09:45 PM
dstwo isbest cart out there but expensive

tinbin
9th November, 2012, 08:57 PM
Hi m8s
Does the CycloDS iEvolution or the
dstwo work in the 3DS XL please.

barrowmanandrew
9th November, 2012, 09:07 PM
dstwo defo does...

tinbin
9th November, 2012, 10:08 PM
Do you think its worth buying both cards ,the Ace3DS PLUS and the dstwo .

barrowmanandrew
9th November, 2012, 10:17 PM
both?
the way i see it, it's like this

supercard dstwo:
pro's:
great card, excellent support, works on all consoles/real quick with updates

cons:
expensive, looking at 30quid easy..

ace3ds card:

pro's:
really cheap card ,under a tenner/appears to work on all consoles/firmware updated frequently.

cons:
card is new, manufacuter may not hang around long/ not built up a reputation yet.

all down to your budget.. :)