PDA

View Full Version : Vu Duo clone

decdev
7th March, 2012, 11:29 PM
Hi all new and have vu duo clone with Blackhole 1.7.2 installed.i want to back up my box to usb stick.When i mount usb stick do i go for Blackhole full backup in the menu.And second question when backup is complete can i transfer the image to pc from usb stick thank you and sorry does back up save channel list aswell

dell_xps
8th March, 2012, 11:35 AM
Use VIx image m8, but I would say yes to both ?'s :-)

digicon
8th March, 2012, 12:20 PM
Hi all new and have vu duo clone with Blackhole 1.7.2 installed.i want to back up my box to usb stick.When i mount usb stick do i go for Blackhole full backup in the menu.And second question when backup is complete can i transfer the image to pc from usb stick thank you and sorry does back up save channel list aswell

Yes just press the Blackhole Full Backup will take 3-5 mins its saved to where ever you specify so if USB stick then just take it out and transfer to PC.

It Backs everything up.

decdev
8th March, 2012, 01:54 PM
Hi m8 i have windows 7 os but wont read usb any suggestions or how can i backup via box to pc direct thanks m8

digicon
8th March, 2012, 01:59 PM
Hi m8 i have windows 7 os but wont read usb any suggestions or how can i backup via box to pc direct thanks m8

You cant i'm afraid it only allows backup to USB or Hard drive, I have seen a similar post where the user could not read the USB stick after a backup but i tried mine this morning did a full backup stuck it in the PC running Win7 and it reads it fine.

The only thing i can think of is USB stick incomaptibility issue

decdev
8th March, 2012, 02:04 PM
thats me m8

decdev
8th March, 2012, 02:10 PM
a mutual friend told me you were testing vu clone and i pmd you ask what you thought

decdev
8th March, 2012, 02:11 PM
i have external hdd if i back up to that and try to connect to pc possible maybe

digicon
8th March, 2012, 03:21 PM
a mutual friend told me you were testing vu clone and i pmd you ask what you thought

You get about a bit as well LOL

Clone Duo Tested (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f193/vu-duo-clone-tested-first-impressions-257382/)

decdev
8th March, 2012, 03:58 PM
You get about a bit as well LOL

Clone Duo Tested (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f193/vu-duo-clone-tested-first-impressions-257382/)
do my best lol cheers

sheraz212
8th March, 2012, 04:09 PM
Do back up and the FTP onto the box with dcc and copy file over. No need to remove USB from box

decdev
9th March, 2012, 03:12 AM
Thank you sheraz212 this worked perfectly and thanks all who helped